Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summertime

I hate the heat. That one reason is why I dread the summers here. But these past couple weeks have been perfect--some hot days, sure, but not the I-cant-even-breathe-and-just-want-to-die heat that I know is coming. And it will, and I'll tell you how much I hate every second of it at that time. For now, though, I've been loving life. I hope my posts have been working from my phone--its been a while since I've been able to check my computer, so for all I know, they're all scrambled up like my first attempt. If so, I apologize. Syd is now crawling and sitting up all by her little self. Six months seems to be the magic age for her, and both of my girls seem to have been very eager to grow up. If Syd starts walking at the end of her ninth month like Riley did, I'm going to be ticked. She's my last baby. She's not supposed to be getting so big so quickly. Anyway, these are just some of my random thoughts while the kids take their swim lessons. And my way of avoiding getting upset with Cole each time he's being a spaz, and loud, and obnoxious. Which is often. I find it interesting that some of the things I love so much about Cole are the exact things that annoy me. I also find it sad, because he comes by this so naturally. His personality and my own are nearly the same. This gives me a greater appreciation for those that brave being my friends.

8 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I know what you mean about your baby growing up too fast. Blair is already rolling both ways. She is strong and I get comments about how she holds her head up so well and such and she tries to sit up when she is in her bouncer and such I think she is going to be crawling and walking early too and I don't really want that. Not only does it mean more work. HA HA. IT just makes me sad. Lukas was SO lazy so I don't know how that is.

KaSs MiLeS said...

she has passed up story so fast! Story still doesn't have teeth and she's not crawling! She's gotten up on her knees once, so she's on her way, but i'll have to tell Story to get a move on!

Moriah said...

It is an entertaining life being your friend, not rough. I cannot believe she's growing up so fast! All the kids, for that matter. Madness.

Sarah said...

I love that you can post from your blackberry - they are coming out great! Sorry i'm going to have to diagree with your hate of heat - I say BRING IT ON :)

Amy said...

I am with sarah! If I have to watch one more little kid climb out of the pool with blue lips because its 60 degrees outside I think I will lose it! It just breaks my heart! PS The same boy that asked where Cole was last week asked again this week. Cole made quite an impression on him :) YAY for Syd sitting up! I know what you mean, well not really personally but I feel that way about my sisters kids. Aislynn is almost to that awkward stage that I dread so much. More so for her than for anyone else. It is just so hard.

Kelli said...

Don't worry Amy they go through the awkward stage faster than you think. But I won't give any examples here for fear that they'll read it...It is pretty sweet that you can post from your phone! I can't even post from my work computer.

Tor said...

Riley looks amazingly beautiful and grown up in that picture, Sydney is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen, and from what I can tell, Cole has the personality that every mom wants their crazy kid of a son to have. You are one lucky (and good) mama. (More good than lucky... luck only gets you so far and then being a good parent takes you the rest of the way) :)

P.S. Leah on Tor's account. Although he enjoys your blog too. He also really likes that you always comment on my blog.

Shauna said...

Seems like the last babies grow up so fast. Maybe because of the sibling examples.