This past weekend was pretty fantastic. We used the "fire pit" in our backyard to make S'mores, and I used quotes because I don't think it's really a fire pit. I think it's actually a little flower garden-thingy...
But after some severe weeding and starting an actual fire in it? Boom. It's now a true fire pit. Or as true as we can make. So...yay for our ingenuity.
Jeff also decided to put our kitchen sink to work:
Look at her perfect little heart-shaped bum. She thought bathing in front of a window was pretty radical. Except when she couldn't FULLY stretch out, she was ready to be done.
The next day Jeff and I did some massive pruning. The flowers are gone now, so I didn't feel too bad about cutting all the Wisteria way down. But, now when I walk under it, it doesn't rip all my hair out. I know that pictures of plant life being cut back isn't as interesting to you as it is to me, definitely, but I'm always really amazed at how much time and effort it takes. When I was done, despite the two city garbage cans full of branches, it didn't look all that different. It's not like mowing, where everything looks so much nicer after you're done. Sometimes it's a little depressing.
Anyway, I should have taken more pictures at the Anderson family BBQ on Monday, but I got overly lazy. I was enjoying the company, and the sun, and the food, and just...forgot. Until Jeff showed up with Syd. She jumped on the trampoline with her cousin Story and Riley for a while, but then decided that she was done--her attention span is pretty pathetic.
We decided to get in the pool. Syd hated it at first, and slowly she came around. I made Jeff get the camera while we swam, and that's why these pictures actually turned out--cause I didn't take them.
After our swim we visited, chased Syd, and watched fireworks with family. It was a great 4th of July holiday. Big thanks to Bob and Maida for the get-together and the yummy BBQ, to everyone that brought food for me to eat, and to the Stevensons and Coplens for the fireworks. We're so lucky to have people that entertain us. It was fun seeing everyone.
Read minolta x 570 manual PDF Ebook online PDF
-
*Pdf Download minolta x 570 manual Epub PDF*
Download minolta x 570 manual Doc Gutenberg
Studу Frее Bооkѕ Onlіnе аnd еvеn Dоwnlоаd еBооkѕ fоr Nо соѕt...
5 years ago


9 comments:
Sydney is so funny in the pool. Love the pictures. Good for you on getting started on your yard. Our front yard looks pretty good our back yard needs some work. We just don't know what to do. We pretty much have to start from scratch. Our back yard slopes and all the water floods our flower beds when it runs into them. We are scared to plant because we think everything there might die.
Story usually only walks on the tramp, but after she saw syd jumping she gave it a try and is hooked. It was really good to see you guys and talk with you. i love your fire pit, we did that on sunday at the inlaws. i loves me some smores. :)
It was really great to see you guys. I was pretty sure you dropped off the face of the earth. And I have gotten really fat, huh? Kyle and I are also glad we don't have to do anything but sit for the fireworks these days. It's nice to always have another generation that is excited about lighting them so we don't have to move.
I know what you mean on the yard thing, for us we will slave in our yard all day long then enjoy it for a week and BAM it's all over grown again. We live in a jungle I swear it.
Your pictures turned out super cute, and the fire pit is totally awesome!
I love that photo of you - you look like a garden angel or something :)
Love it! And look how tan you are. Sadly, my Caribbean brownness is now Seattle whiteness. Booo.
I'm jealous, I want a fire pit. There's nothing like roasting marshmallows in your own back yard!! i can't believe you got a picture of you in the pool w/o Andy in it! :)
That's it... I'm in the mood for some S'MORES, I tell ya! One of these days, you'll hear crackling outside and just see me out and your fire pit roasting away. If you're really nice, I MIGHT share a graham cracker.
We have Wisteria on a trellis over our driveway, and it was continually attacking me, too, until we chopped it all back. I'm insanely jealous of your new place, it looks awesome.
Oh, and I LOVE the picture of Syd in the sink. My absolute favorite thing about baby girls is their squishy little bums!
Post a Comment