Monday, March 28, 2011

Different things.

A couple weekends ago Jeff took a couple days off only to come down with Strep Throat.  But, that gave me even more of an excuse to leave him here, take the kids, and go visit with Lora, who came up from Laramie to hang.  To make a REALLY long story short and sweet, Jeff suffered along with my house, all weekend.  And, a messy house + Cole + his coat + strawberries shoved into his pockets for a snack =  a smell very similar to a poopy diaper  that was shoved somewhere and forgotten about,  and many panic-attacks from me, until I found the smell-culprit.   (I was equal parts pissed and relieved--pissed because, strawberries in your pocket?  Really Cole?  In what universe is that a good idea?  And relieved because it WASN'T a poopy diaper, and my chance of being showcased as an unfit mother in the show, Hoarders, was lessened).  
Anyhoo, I had fun with Lora and Muff.  It was nice to pretend I wasn't a parent for a while...Riley and Cole played with cousins and Sydney stayed with Jeff for most of the time.  And when I came home, the house stunk, and Jeff was still a bit sick, but I felt relaxed.  Sometimes I forget that besides a mom, I'm also a person.  I decided it would be nice to take more time to do girly stuff with girls my age.  Women my age, whatever.  You know what I mean.  And if you're judging me for last weekend, I will tell you that last weekend I took Riley and Syd and two of Riley's friends to the mall.  On a Saturday, and they got to go on their own for a while, and then meet me back afterwards.  It was, what I imagine, parts of Hell to be like.  But, they had fun, so all was well.  Right?  Sometimes I let them do good stuff.  (Fyi:  Cole was invited to go, but he doesn't like the mall, and he wanted to watch online cartoons  All.  By.  Himself).
Anyway,  what else?  Syd has been going to her Kids Who Count classes, and she's made a ton of improvements, already.  She seems to understand so much more, and I've been taught a few really great things to help encourage more eye contact and such.  I'm thinking it's going to continually get better.  And let's see...Riley "graduated" from D.A.R.E, and the essay she wrote was so phenomenal that they asked her to read it in front of the school.  And fyi?  She did fantastically.  
As you can see, I'm loving my new iPhone camera App.  It's got so many filters and though I'm still figuring it out, it's big fun.  And lastly:  Ta-Da!!!  It's HERE!  
I bought some today.  And this is the kind that I really was excited to try.  Remember how I said that Jeff would be doing all the packaging for this product, the brewed chocolate?  This particular kind has coconut in it, antioxidants, vitamins, and so on and so forth.  I'm loving it.  And Shauna? You can buy it at the Spanish Fork Maceys, or any Maceys in the valley, just so you know.  It's in the coffee section.  But for those of you that are freaking out, it's NOT coffee.  It's cacao.  Or chocolate, whatever.  It's too complicated to explain, and you can find out more at www.criobru.com
I add a little milk, and a little creamer, and viola!  It's freaking awesome.  But it's not sugary.  It's a lot like coffee in that if you want it to be sweet, you have to sweeten it.  
 
It's fantastic.  I promise.  Jeff gave me a French Press for Christmas, so I'm a very, VERY happy girl.  :)
I hope you all have an excellent week.  And then a great weekend.  Jeff and I are going away for his birthday.  And being that it's going to be the first time that we've been away from Syd since her BIRTH, it's a bit scary.  But really exciting.  Whoot! (And Fyi?  I know that the "h" isn't necessary, however, when I say it, I add an h.  A very audible h.  So there). 

11 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I hope you have tons of fun this weekend. You deserve it. I also find myself wondering who I am besides a mom. I know I am someone else but sometimes it is hard to remember who that person is. I decided when all my kids are in school I am going to work really hard at rediscovering who I am.

Amy said...

Glad you posted this

I have so much to say in response but I don't have a lot of time.

just know that I read it, and loved it all, and am glad things are going well.

maida said...

Have a great time and try not to be too worried about your kids. Glad Syd is enjoying her classes. Congrats to Riley, that is so neat.

Kelli said...

Where are you guys going? I'm loving your filters too. That picture of you and the pic of Syd are especially pretty. I love that you are your sisters look completely alike and completely different at the same time. You can totally tell you guys are sisters, but you all have a unique look too. Maybe that doesn't make sense. Oh well!

Sharon said...

Glad you're able to get away for Jeff's birthday. Hope he's all better :) Happy to hear you like hangin with your gal pals cuz we're goin to have a rockin' good time this summer!
Nice pics of you all! Ah, technology....wish I had a clue.

Moriah said...

Nice! You do need to get away and do your own thing more, and I have the perfect idea for you!!

Lora said...

I love Jeff's Crio Bru design! It's so clean and beautiful. How much does it rock to be able to buy a product off a store shelf that has its label designed by your husband?! That's my dream--to someday see one of my designs on a shelf.

Have a great time on Jeff's birthday!

Love ya.

Sarah and Mike said...

Rain, love the picture of you in the coat-love that you got to play with Muff and Lora-so much fun! (Would love to encourage a colorado girl getaway-you can even bring the kids-but no strawberries-my house already seems to smell like poo way to often) glad things are great and good job jeff on the label stuff-gorgeous. And that stuff looks so good-I love dark chocolate!

Tor said...

Great post. So cool about the cacoa thing. I looked at the website and it's expensive! But if it's really that good...

I got the same phone app and I have been going crazy! I love it. Best .99 cents ever. Do you have pointers? I can get mine to focus on my ever moving children.

I have never left Lars overnight either. I'm starting to think it's time but I'm a bit terrified. Let me know how it goes. Although now that we have Arie what's the point? Still have to bring one with us. Maybe for our 10th anniversary... But if moriah's idea consists of girls weekend to st. John I am totally in!

Whew that was a lot, but like I said, great post.

Tor said...

I don't know why it says I'm Tor. I'm not. I'm Leah. Weird if Tor wanted to go on your girls' weekend, huh? (but I wouldn't put it past him. He loves himself a vaca)

Sarah said...

Oh that chocolate stuff looks divine - only 3 more weeks and I'm back on the hard stuff (chocolate that is). I can't wait to try it!