As of now, it's 7:15 am. WHAT?! For a girl and a family that pretty much didn't open blinds to see the sun until afternoon--literally--all summer, this borders on the point of ridiculous. And I'm equal parts sad and excited for my kiddos. I probably slept the equivalent of Riley and Cole last night--approximately 3 1/2 hours, and unlike them, I'm not excited about the "possibility" of the day. I am fretting about getting Syd ready, and getting to school in time to find a place to park, AND take plenty of pictures for Jeff. (As, he was called into the office today, of all days).
So I will try to finish this post, complete with pictures of Riley and Cole in their first day clothes that they picked out and put so much thought into, and hopefully capture the mood of the occasion. (Cole even had white gunk on his face last night, and when asked what it was, he replied: "pimple cream". So I know both are a little more stressed than they let on). Anyway, wish us luck....it's going to be interesting.
K. It's done. Riley and Cole are gone; have been, for about three hours. And it's been a LONG three hours. Sydney has missed them, too. She's been extra clingy. And has totally taken over my phone, which is kind of annoying to me, as I'm trying to go through a years worth of pictures. Ah...the things I get to do while the kids are away.
Honestly? It was hard to let them go. Harder this year because I felt the, "It isn't cool for Mom to take us to school, anymore," vibe. They were kind to me--allowed me to take the allotted pictures, and then they were done. No hugs, no "I love you's". That's embarrassing stuff these days. Sorta breaks my heart in a million ways. Cole was done with me as soon as a friend showed up, and then at Riley's door, I could tell she didn't want me to go in. She told me she'd "see me later", and I turned around with Syd in hand, and walked back down the ramp. See? I'm fully justified in feeling sorry for myself. But, I did notice a lot of younger kids showing up just with friends. So I guess I'll be happy with what they gave me.
And in all in all, they gave me a lot...because today my WYOMING was really showing. We drove up with this:
and this:
Between the mirror and the spare tire, I'm sure we were the epitome of third and sixth grade coolness. And I may have reluctantly remembered my childhood, promising myself that I'd NEVER subject my fortunate children to the social suicide of being packed around and then dropped off in a fake-wood paneled station wagon. Sorry children...I had higher hopes for you. I honestly did.
Anyway, the school year is here. Whether I like it or not. And the kids both said they had an EXCELLENT first day. So despite the fact that I will and I always do, I have nothing to complain about.
Also? A friend brought me lunch and we just ate and talked the entire afternoon. It was magical, and just what I needed. I'm in a better place than I was at 7:15 am. And I got a nap in between then and now. Maybe I'll make it? We shall see.
Read minolta x 570 manual PDF Ebook online PDF
-
*Pdf Download minolta x 570 manual Epub PDF*
Download minolta x 570 manual Doc Gutenberg
Studу Frее Bооkѕ Onlіnе аnd еvеn Dоwnlоаd еBооkѕ fоr Nо соѕt...
5 years ago


12 comments:
Pimple cream! That kid seriously cracks me up. But I must say, you do have great kids to allow you to go to school with them. No way would I have let my mother do that when I was that age. Also...jealous that you got to spend a day dining with a friend and it wasn't me. I will go cry into my pillow now.
I didn't know Cole has super powers! How awesome is it that he can see invisible pimples with his X-ray vision?! Cool.
Yeah, the station wagon was no status symbol, but I MUCH preferred it to the damn bus. A ride in any vehicle was better than that option. (By the way, I was watching 16 candles the other day, and the bus scene on there is eerily similar!)
I always had a hard time sleeping the night before the kids went back to school too. I was sad to see them go back and nervous too. The kids are so awesome and they are lucky that you take them and want to be with them.
I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of your mirror. I remember making that promise to my kids too, and I'm pretty sure wearing sweats 24/7 has already broken that promise. Realism wins out over idealism every time. Happy first day of school!
I am glad they had a great first day! I think I will cry when my kids say they I can't walk them to the door of school anymore. I think I was the only mom that walked Lukas to the preschool door every morning last year. HA HA. Every other kids mom just dropped them off and left. Is it first kid syndrome? Maybe. Pimple cream so so funny!
Wow, they suddenly look so old!! Filets probably my height already (not that that's sayin much). If it makes you feel any better I wished someone had taken me to my classroom. Jeff and kory always ditched me when I was in kindergarten, so clixie Larsen would walk me and I'd go home and tattle.
That pimple cream kills me! He should hook me up, because obviously it works amazingly well. I'd kill for that kid's skin. So, is it trashier to have tape on your mirror or no mirror at all? I can't decide, cause that's what I have. Some kid hit me with his bike and shattered it and $80 is too much for a mirror. I saw a picture of a car with a hand mirror taped to where the side mirror goes, I'm thinking of doing that. Felix has years before he cares :) Plus, I made the promise TO embarrass my kids as much as possible. I practiced a lot with Wendy's kids :)
P.s. Lora's picture is beautiful!
I'm glad my kids will never be too cool for dad. Ever! Filet is getting really tall!
That black and white picture of Riley is awesome.
I remember how exciting the first day of school was every year. And my mom was fortunately always busy herself, since she taught, so I didn't have to be seen with her. As far as anyone knew, I lived on my own and drove my mustang to middle school.
Yes, I think we got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep that first night as well. Lynus didn't fall asleep til 3am and then Maggie was so excited she got up extra early! And I think the station wagon with the wood paneling would actually be cool now. I remember my mom driving us with curlers in her hair wrapped in a scarf. All the moms did so I thought it was normal.
I love the picture of them all walking together! That is a keeper, but they all are.
Glad you survived the first day, I got knots in my stomach when I read about them not wanting hugs. I was sad for you, and know I will have that day soon. In fact Axel already refuses to hug me if dad is around, I understand the feeling of taking what you can get.
Who the crap is "Filet"?
Post a Comment