Monday, October 10, 2011

A real update.

So I've been on different meds for about a week.  This is always a slippery slope.  No complete freak-outs or anything, so that's good.   Usually I experience being even MORE tired and a little nauseous.  Which is where I'm at right now.  But, I'm looking forward to being super happy in a month or so.  YAY! 
Seriously, I think it will be okay.  I just hope the being tired stuff kinda goes away soon, cause um, that's a big reason I changed in the first place. Things are looking up.  I'm determined to make things better.  And they have been, so...blah, blah, blah.  Enough about that.  It's boring. 
IT'S FALL!!!
I'm happy about this.  Tonight I went for a jog, and the moon was full, and the temperature was cold at first and then became perfect, and I didn't feel like I was going to die.  It felt good.  I've been baking--this technically cancels out my jogging, but it sure makes the kids happy.  So I've been happy to do it for them.  It also makes my house smell really good, and you know how I feel about that. 

See? The other kids like it, too, but they weren't shirtless, so I didn't take their pictures.  Come to think of it, had they also been shirtless I STILL wouldn't have photographed them.  Because that just would have been creepy and wrong.
Anyhoo, this coming Saturday I'm going to be a jogging zombie.  With Muff and Kelli, and I'm excited.  I even bought black stuff for my teeth--reminding me of me in the 3rd-5th grade, and Kelli of 2006? 2007? (It's a look only the homeless, hillbillies, 5 to 7 year olds, and the truly most awesome can pull off).  The run is only a mile, so it won't be bad at all, but I'm still kind of nervous.  Are we even going to run it?  And if we do, what if I freeze up?  I remember running the mile in high school and it was TORTURE.  By like, step three I was winded.  What if that happens?  I'll be mortified.  But, I'll also be wearing tons of white face make-up, so hopefully no one will notice.  I'll tell you right now--this will NOT be an occasion wherein I try to be a "sexy zombie".  And I'm going to mock those that dress up with that intention. (Take heed Muffy and Kelli).  I will also be taking tons of pictures.  So look forward to it! Hope your week is fantastic.  And those of you that want to stay warm, do.  While I shall be reveling in my hoodies, jeans, and the occasional pair of boots.  Boo and Ya!

7 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Good luck on Sat. That sounds fun!

KaSs MiLeS said...

that zombie race does sound fun, but something i'd want to watch, not participate in, because it would take me all day to run a mile. yes i'm THAT person. :)
hope you start feeling fantastic soon!

Lora said...

Good for you, running a mile (and Muff and Kelli too)! That was my most hated day in school. I kinda think it might be fun now....maybe not. Anyway, have fun dressing up and definitely take pics.

Moriah said...

I am so glad you are getting your meds sorted out, and the Zombie race sounds fun. You will not freeze up. One foot in front of the other! And I would be right there with you making fun of sexy zombies. What is with those sexy costumes anyway?

Ashley said...

There is something about the fall air that makes you want to bake.
I think i just get bored being stuck indoors and unfortunately i take it out on the kitchen.

Good luck on the run!

Amy said...

I think it is the smells that make me want to bake too. i love my house smelling like cinnamon and vanilla and such. But it has to be cold outside, otherwise it is just weird.

Good luck on the race! I want to come watch!

And syd looks adorable!

Shauna said...

There is an annual zombie race in Philadelphia. A guy in my class is training for it. Only the runners are not the zombies, zombies actually chase you through the forest. If they catch you, you lose. I am not a good baking mom. I actually kinda suck at baking and gave it up years ago.