Hello all. I think things are getting out about my blog...I have about five total readers. Take that, Perez Hilton. Five people prefer me over you. Unless they're cheating on me, reading my blog just to appease my fractured ego, and then gorging on all of Perez's celebrity gossip and catty comments. I'll just remain in my constant state of denial. I'm happy here.So right now I want to make a little shout-out to my husband. Here I am, lying in bed and he is here beside me, snoring. Not loudly, mind you, just audible. In a way, it's a comforting sound. It's what I have slept with for the last nine years, and it's a bit like my bed, in that I just can't sleep right without it. I was thinking today at how different my life has been since I've been married. I really like it; which is something that those of you that knew me growing up, has changed quite a bit. Jeff gets me. He knows that I have to take a two hour nap after visiting with my grandparents. He knows that when he comes home and I tell him I've had it with the kids, I need to go take a bath, or go shopping, or go read. He knows I read trashy romance novels that I'm embarrassed about, and he never makes fun of me for it. He knows that when I'm around his family I trash-talk him because it always gets a few laughs, and allows me to blow off steam at the same time. But he also knows that I couldn't handle it if he did the same to me. And he doesn't. Sometimes I wonder how Jeff and I have made it for so long...well, maybe nine years isn't that long, but to me, right now, it is. Especially, because I am involved. I'm a selfish person. I demand time for myself, and I complain about anything and everything, and I get pissed if I'm not taken seriously, and I have little compassion for things that I don't understand, or haven't really experienced. Yet my husband stands by me. He knows I lie. A lot. He calls me on it now and then, but he's really careful about it, because he knows that it will embarrass me. And yet, he loves me, and I know he does. For some reason it is difficult for me to tell Jeff how appreciative I am of how much he does for our family and at the same time I will be completely offended that he didn't notice I cleaned our bathroom, and congratulate me, accordingly. I wish I had the patience for our children that he does. I wish I could play with Riley and Cole for hours and not get bored, or have the patience to teach them little things that take time and precision, but that's not me. I've tried and I get frustrated. Jeff just does it naturally, and I'm a bit jealous of that. And at the same time, I'm so grateful that he's here with me, a willing team member of our parenting duo.
I'm sure it's hard to be married to a crazy person. I am constantly changing the rules, and I really don't remember to let Jeff in on it. But he deals, and he still has this way that lets me know I'm the one for him. So the next time I rant about how he throws his wet towels on the floor, or do some sort of impression of him telling me he's hungry and he can't fix himself something to eat, please remember all the good things that I've told you here. Because there are so many, and he deserves so much better than me, yet, he still makes me believe that there is no-one else he could want more. How did I luck out? I could never say for sure, but I did. Big time.


3 comments:
That's awesome! Jeff is really amazing at everything he does! Doesn't that drive you crazy?! Jerome's that way and it can be frustrating, but you can't help but love how amazing they really are! I loved your tribute!
Amen, the Anderson men are trully one of a kind! :) What would we do with out them!
Wow. I can't believe how much you sound like me and Jeff like Jason. Good to know I'm not alone and that we are indeed lucky gals!
Post a Comment