Sydney is making huge progress. She's a strong little girl. I'm posting one of those really boring "parent videos", in which my child does something that just isn't very interesting or original, however, because I think it's the cutest thing ever, I'm pretending that you'll think so, as well. So you can watch it, or not. You'd think that I would be over that sort of thing...but actually I'm just annoyed that the digital revolution wasn't around the first couple of times I had kids. It's just so sad that I won't have as many memories of Riley and Cole, simply because we couldn't afford the toys that we have now, then.
We've all had a hard/fun time adjusting to our new schedules. Riley and Cole got to stay home that first week that we brought Sydney home, and now they are back to school. (Luckily for them, it's only this week, and then they have two weeks off for Christmas break). Unfortunately for me, the kids have gone back to school and so in addition to not having their help, which was greatly appreciated by me, they will also be bringing every type of cold and flu virus...just in time for us to stew in all of it over the holiday break. Yay...
Riley has surprised me most with Syd. She said she was excited for her to get here, and she was excited to see what Syd would look like, but other than that, she wasn't overly interested in the whole pregnancy process. I guess being that I was a bigger, meaner, more tired version of me, it makes a bit of sense. Anyway, these days she wakes up early on her own to "help" with Sydney. Or when I'm changing Syd or she's mad cause I'm trying to get her fed but going about it too slowly, she's offering to help with distracting her sister for as long as I need, I am really lucky that our new little one is loved so much.
I do have an exciting announcement, however. Last night Sydney's umbilical stump came off. I think that's such a scary name for it...however, fitting. So now I don't have that extra stress, and this makes me happy. Also, scary belly button aside, we've noticed that Noony has been strategically placed wherever Sydney is. This is positive proof that Cole is smitten with his baby sister. I mean, I had pretty high hopes, but this goes way above and beyond him tolerating her and all the time she takes. That's pretty much it for now. I don't have a lot of news, as we are kind of home-bound lately. But it's been nice. So, I promise my posts will get better, eventually. Right now we're all a bit star-struck, and all my free time goes into holding Syd...just watching her.
Oh, and for those of you that are wondering, yes, Jeff does spend time with Syd, as well. I just need to get better about taking pictures. Right now she and Jeff take their evening bath together...and for the sake of my readers, I haven't got any of those precious moments on my digital devices. But as soon as I get a good one, you'll be the first to know.


15 comments:
She is so stinking cute! I say that alot but I really do mean it, and all of your pictures of her and your other two cute kids are so adorable. I have another nephew who was just like cole in the gag reflex area. We used it to our advantage a couple of times to get a good laugh, but it was definitely not a fun day when he barfed all over his mom after seeing his brother do the same. good times.
PS that video is amazing! But a little weird to here you and jeff to talk like that. No offense, I just have never been around you too and babies, so that was new for me.
Oh my gosh, Rainey. She is adorable. EVERY single one of those pictures melted my heart. You, Cole and Riley look so perfect holding her. And the last two of her with her little smile is so precious.
I really do need to come see her.
She is really cute! Is she already wearing 3-6 month clothes? Just curious because I bought those same Old Navy jammies for Blair that she is wearing in the top pictures and I didn't think they came in 0-3 months. If so I need to look more because the top and bottoms are my favorite jammies ever they are so cute. I am so glad that Riley and Cole love her so much. I bet it is nice to have older kids to help. I am sort of worried about Lukas.
Amy--yeah, once you have a baby your street cred is totally wrecked. All the things you SWORE you wouldn't do, because they just look and sound so stupid...you find yourself doing just for a laugh or smile from the baby. Especially that baby sing-song voice. We try to keep it under wraps out in public.
Lessley, you are invited and welcome any time.
Brandi, yup. She CAN fit into 3-6 month clothing. I made her wear them, just cause I'm her mom, and I could. ;) She's also still squeezing into 0-3 stuff. In all honesty, those jammies are a little big.
Riley looks positively drunk on baby in that picture. It's great.
Also, I've made it a point to mention Zombies to Cole atleast once the last 4 times I've seen him. His reaction is priceless.
Those pictures are so sweet, especially the one with her little smile!
I love that picture of Syd and Cole. So sweet. And I love how when Santa asked Cole what he wanted for Christmas he said "To be with my family!"
She is such a smiley baby! Very confident too.
It's so wonderful to see how much Sydney is loved by her older sibs. She is incredible! I am so happy for you all. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. You look amazing in those pics by the way. I pretty much STILL look about 5 months pregnant.
She is so cute and teeny. It really cracks me how Cole is with her. That kid is funny. I love that leetle baby. AND the video. You need to get Jeff to eventually do a creative one like he did for Riley (and maybe Cole? didn't get that one if so).
i am so surprised that she looks nothing like Riley and Cole, she actually looks like Story in those pictures. I love watching Story, she stretches and moves so cute and she is really funny with her arms and hands. We are having fun!
She looks SO different with her eyes open. And your kids are adorable with her. And I do admit my husband is very mean to Cole. Cole is always whispering in my ear, remember I said not to talk about zombies? I totally agree. I haven't read I Am Legend for days because I'm kinda scared.
Rain. ThIS is the best bog ever! bUT HOW COULD IT BE ANYTHING BUT......She fits! Cole and Riley love her, you and Jeff do too. Wow what a difference. It's good to have my Rain back. I have missed you. She is beautiful, and I agree with Kass, she doesn't look like the other two at all! You ar a great mom, and you and Jeff make beautiful and SWEET babies. I can't wait to see all of you again! I loved the video. And the pix. Love is there for sure! See you in less than a week!
That was one of the sweetest posts ever - she is so adorable - i can see why everyone is so in love with her! Good job!
I love your pictures. That roll over video kinda made me nervous, and reading about the stump falling off while eating apple sauce was a bad idea.
Post a Comment