Surprisingly enough, I've had a couple people inquire whether or not I would ever post on my blog again. Not to worry, I'm still here, I just have encountered a lot of different things as of late. January has brought me many various instances in which my time and thoughts have been required elsewhere. I've been dealing with life, death, old acquaintances, new acquaintances, happy milestones and sad endings...it's been quite a bit of a wild ride and honestly, I'm not too sure where I am right now. I have a lot of thoughts and scenarios running through my mind and I'm still trying to find out what I'm doing. Hopefully I'll get my shiz together, but until then, I'm tired. I'm tired and I'm trying to hold myself together--and for me, the easiest way to do that is to distance myself from things that I find distasteful or overwhelming. There are quite a few things in those categories that I've been good about avoiding, and one of the ways I'm doing that is by playing around on Facebook--it's actually been a nice change because it's simple. I can comment on someone's status, which is usually something inconsequential, and it's all light and low stress. However, on a bit of a negative note, I've noticed that I've become a lot more lame. Not that I've ever been the epitome of cool, but honestly I'm now that woman that has a baby and then talks about nothing but the baby. It's overly exciting stuff like Sydney's health, and bowel movements, and sleeping patterns, and then a lot of my general vast knowledge on what being a mom to a newborn and older children entails. When I re-read my comments and such, I see that I'm just a bottomless well of motherly knowledge--even when no one asks, I'm dishing out advice and anecdotes. If I didn't love where I am so much, I totally would be more embarrassed. So I've resolved that I will tone it down a bit.
Anyway, for those of you that have seen my comments and such on Facebook, and have thought: "Gag, is that all she talks about?" I'm going to try to branch out. My brain is still fuzzy, and it's still difficult to create cognitive sentences, and that's my excuse for my apparent lameness as of late--hopefully that clears up some stuff...or maybe not.January second marked the tenth year of Jeff and my wedded bliss. We didn't do an abundance of activities due to the newest addition to our family. But, I did get a new purse, and Jeff got an Iron Man action figure, so it was a memorable event, for sure. After we shopped for fun stuff, we went to Bajio Grill because if there's one thing that has brought us closer together over the years, it's delicious food.
Jokes aside, it was a really great day. We slept in, as the kids were sick. And even though we didn't get that greatly anticipated ten year anniversary date, we had fun being together, and just enjoyed each other.
On a different note, I was looking through my yearbook a few days ago. I guess seeing all these High school people on Facebook made me a little nostalgic, and why that is, I have no idea, because I hated high school. But in my "In ten years from now" statement, I said I was going to be Chris Cornell's third wife and own my own fashion merchandising company. Reach for the stars, right?
Instead, here I am, married to Jeff--who is my own personal rock star. He's also SO not the sell-out Chris Cornell has turned out to be. And fashion? I mean, I don't know WHAT I was thinking...my sweat shorts, and the ability I have of envisioning a potential outfit out of any type of pajama pants aside, I've never been overly fashionable. Perhaps I was just trying to change by positive thinking.
My life isn't what I thought/envisioned it to be. For that, I am SO grateful. I married a hot boy that has turned into a gorgeous man. I have three beautiful children, and I get to stay home with them. I may be less intelligent than I'd originally banked on being, but I'm good with it. Ignorance is indeed bliss for me.
So I'm going to get back on the blogging ball. It's a new year, and I've got a lot to say. Perhaps it won't be well received by all my readers, but I'm not going to censor myself for others. I've got a lot going on, and so does everyone else. And one of my New Year's resolutions has been to be true to myself, and so I will be. And that's all for this post. Until next time.


10 comments:
Well Rainey I am right there with you in the mom conversation but I don't think it is lame. When being a wife and mom is your whole world then what else is there to talk about? So talk away about it because it isn't boring to me. Also have you tried Joe Banditos across the street from Chevron in Springville? It is GREAT mexican food. It is pretty cheap too.
I love that picture of you kissing the baby. I have been nostalgic lately too. Pondering my life and the past year and the year ahead. I wonder if that's a January thing.
I've said I would try Joe Banditos for years...but now is not the time for me to be trying things. My favorite Mexican places are no longer around (Q-doba and Baja Fresh) it saddens me. And it's kind of embarrassing, but Taco Bell was the first meal I could get down after I started puking! And I never eat there... Definitely cute pictures! Good to have you back. And I found my camera yesterday, so I'll be back in full force before you know it!
YAY! for a new post! Sorry i was such a "nag". Kory kept saying to me to get off your case, because you have this new baby, and all. But it is good to have you posting again. I enjoy all your sentiments about being a mother, you are such a great mom, and even though I have only known you for a few years, I truely look up to you, and I am so glad I am your friend. Kory and I both think the world of you and your family. Sorry for the mushy post, I don't know what has come over me today! But deal with it
Keep it real Rainy - that's the way we like you :) BTW i'm really enjoying your comments on Facebook!
man syd is so cute! glad to hear that you are back. i have found that all i talk about is Story too. i can't help it, she is my world and i want to show her off!
Oh, I love bajio, I'm jealous.
I like the new look of your blog too.
Did someone die? You mentioned dealing with death and then didn't say anything about it. Sorry if I'm intruding, I haven't heard any news from the Anderson grapevine.
Welcome back. I also hated our high school years and definitely do not look back on them fondly. Facebook is rather annoying me that people I never even talked to while actually going to high school are now all up in my biz and wanting to chat. No thank you. I have moved on from Buffalo. What did my thing say about 10 years? Oh...btw...although I love fast food places like Taco Johns and whatnot, I'm not sure that it qualifies as 'Mexican' food. Do you guys have good Mexican in Utah? I think I remember eating a few places with you.
Hi Rain, I love all the pix. I know life is very strange right now for you. I also know you are a great Mom and wife and sister and daughter. I thank you for that! Glad you are back on. I Miss you. Love, Mom
Rain--
I love my booster seat/high chair thing. It's actually supposed to help them learn to sit and you can put Syd in it when she has good neck control. She doesn't need to know how to sit. That's the brilliant part. I wish I had stuck Lars in there sooner. I put it on the kitchen counter and he watches us make dinner. Lars loves it!
Post a Comment