Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yay. And Boo.

It's been said that there must be opposition in all things. Well, this past week I've had more than my share.

Yay: Flight of the Conchords's new season is fabulous--complete with new songs, new "Mel" drama, and they are pushing the proverbial envelope.

Boo: Jermaine refers to his family jewels as "Sugar Lumps". Though their choreography and lyrical works are of genius caliber, I have used the name Sugar Lumps as a pet name for all three of my babies. It was mine first, and despite Jeff mocking me because of this, in the infamous words of Tom Petty: I WON'T back down. (And Jeff made a valid point in saying that each infant was a direct r
esult of his personal sugar lumps, so....case and point...kind of).

Yay: I got the call that my DARLING new glasses were ready for pick up on Valentine's Day and I look totally fabulous when I wear them.

Boo: I dressed accordingly to accentuate said new glasses on Valentine's day, and we stopped to pick them up on our way out. We arrived there at 5:06, only to find that they closed at 5:00. Not only was I bummed, but I got a severe headache Valentine's Eve because I wore my old glasses with the old prescription. Balls. My new glasses would have looked SO much better.

Yay: I went to the Library today to pay a ticket for not wearing my seat belt here in Springville, and I found out that had I paid any later, I would have had to go to court.

Boo: I WAS WEARING MY FREAKING SEAT BELT! When I was pulled over, I had to unbuckle my seat belt to dig into my glove compartment to find all my insurance and registration information. When the officer arrived to my window, he said that I wasn't wearing my seat belt. And wrote me a ticket.

Yay: The aforementioned officer just gave me a warning instead of writing me up for speeding.


Boo: He still wrote me a ticket about not wearing my seat belt even though I was. (So completely rotten, it needed to be mentioned twice). It's apparently time for Springville to make city quotas.

Yay: Riley and Cole told me I'm the Best Mom Ever.

Boo: Then both turned right around and said that they missed their dad, because he's always more fun.


Yay: I found the cutest jeans on sale...perfect color, perfect length, perfect price.

Boo: I neglected to do the "butt test" in the fitting room, as my brain function is still at sub-par levels. It was a horrifying surprise when I tried them on at home, and there was nothing I could do but take them back.


Yay: Jeff is now a member of the band Elemental, as their "Man At Arts". Not only does this mean that he designs the posters for them and the bigger bands that they are opening for, (like Ours, Airborn Toxic Event, and then in May, VAST), but he also gets to enjoy the perks of Elemental...like meeting the mentioned bigger bands and having backstage access. My husband is pretty much a bona-fide rockstar and making my dream come true of being some sort of groupie. (Also, I have to add that these posters are complete works of art, and word is getting out on my husband's gift--thus raising Jeff's cool factor by a bazillion points).

Boo: I don't get to go with him this time. Instead, he's taking Kory as his date. So I have to live the rockstar lifestyle extra vicariously.

**However, I will NOT miss out on VAST, fyi. I'm giving myself some more time to get ready to strut my stuff...I want to be able to represent as I'm hobnobbing with my musical icons. **

Anyway, that's all for now. Just wanted to let you in on my fabulous life...and the parts that are less than fabulous. Hope you all are experiencing less "Boos" than I seem to be lately.

18 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

That is great about Jeff. Also dads are always more fun. Lukas asks for his dad about every ten minutes when he is at work. It gets sort of annoying just because I get sick of hearing where daddy go? Of course Lukas follows up with work so he knows where he is.

Amy said...

You know I remember feeling that way about my dad until I hit puberty, then my mom was my best friend, and my dad was well "over protective". Also, when kids call home, they only ask for mom. Your time will come... I am sorry you got a ticket, that is the pits. Cops are so dumb!

Kory was telling me about Jeffs new hookups last night. That is so cool. He is really excited to go with him tho, so thanks for sacrificing so he can go with him.

rain said...

Brandi--Dads are more fun. Jeff will play the Wii with them, and draw with them...and I just ask them to clean. I suck, it's true.

Amy, I'm waiting impatiently for my time. However, I don't think I'll ever be appreciated for the amounts of time I spend trying to figure out what everyone will actually eat, wear, and where and when they need to be. :( Whatever. I'll be the bad guy, I guess. I'll just let the possibility of my day coming hesitantly hang in the back of my mind, so if it actually ever happens, it will be a really great surprise. :) Also, even though I'm a bit jealous, I'm glad he's taking Kory, too. It will be good for them to go out together. And I'm enlisting Kory to keep other groupies away from Jeff...as I'm the only one he's allowed to have.

rain said...

Oh and Brandi, I'm not saying that YOU said I suck, I'm just admitting that I do. I'm having serious verbal diarrhea with all my comments, lately.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I wasn't even thinking that you thought that I thought you suck. HA HA. Also I love Syds tights in that picture they are really cute.

Kyle said...

I'm pretty jealous.

I really like Airborne Toxic Event quite a bit.

Kyle said...

Also, Kory said that you didn't WANT to go to the show, and that's how he got the ticket.

Interesting.

rain said...

WHAT? Kory lied. Or Jeff lied to him. Either way, I was a little miffed about getting babysitting duty. Again. My consolation is that I want everyone to see what a cool wife I am...that if, say, people are extra nice to me, I may be willing to let Jeff take others out in my place. Think about it.

That and no one else can feed Sydney just yet.

Kyle said...

Very cunning. You'll win our hearts with trickery.

KaSs MiLeS said...

jeff really needs to smile in pictures. when he passes on and his great-grandkids see his pictures, they are going to think that he's a total grump. work on that.
it was so good to see you guys last night. sorry i had to run out of there. Story was super tired and cried almost the whole way home. Syd is such a mini Jeff. she's darling. Her little voice is so cute, much more girly than story's grunts. ;0)

Shauna said...

That is so cool about Jeff new gig! And I am so ticked that you were victimized by that police officer!!!!! Remind me to tell you my story about my hearing at Maggies school for keeping her home when she was sick. !!*@!*#!

Sarah said...

We all know you're a cool wife anyway - you should have been the first to go. Shame on you Kory ;)

WeTheTeeples said...

Wow! Sounds like things have been eventful.
THat picture of you and Sydney is super cute!

Algernon Sydney said...

I saw VAST in 1998 :-)

Algernon Sydney said...

I think Jeff should do some art for Damien Rice. If he got backstage passes to one of his concerts he could take me to that one instead of you, right?

Moriah said...

I like the new glasses! Good work. And you know, moms just are not as fun as dads. That is the general rule. It is because the moms are the enforcers and dads are just overgrown children. Standard issue.

Kory said...

I am an innocent bystander. I was asked to go. I just thought it would be cool to g to a show with my brother. If you want to go I'll watch your kids for you.

Jeff said...

The Airborne Toxic Event show was postponed until April :(
The guys in the band got very sick.

Kory,
Rainey going to the concert was never actually an option, she's just playing the victim to get sympathy from everyone. I was looking forward to going with you (not that I wouldn't look forward to going with my wife, it just wasn't in the cards this time).