Word up, yo. It's been a while. In all honesty? All the scrubbing, vacuuming, organizing and de-junking I've been doing daily has been taking its tole on me...and then when I get on my computer, I've only got the energy to read the stuff of others. The gist of the last few weeks is this: The kids love the new house. In fact, Riley told me today that she feels like we've always been here. That she's SO at "home" here. Even more so than at the "old house" as it is now apparently referred to. And Cole loves having his own room when he needs "time alone". Which happens to be quite often. This year and last, Cole received the "most sensitive student" award. When he is sad, everyone knows. The sad part is, he gets this from Jeff and from myself, so the kid is really screwed. But, we are trying to go about this the right way: which I think is, encouraging him to feel the way he needs to, but to sometimes let it blow over, and wait to be distraught in private. I think this will help him in his day to day. I can see him being a VERY easy target on the playground and hopefully, we can avoid as much excess pain as possible. And Sydney? Well, never has she been happier. I mean, it was touch and go for a while...not a lot of sleep, and new surroundings and different smells and people and hours. But now I think we are all just feeling really, as Riley says, "At home". And Sydney goes out in the backyard and smells flowers, and swings, and jumps on the trampoline. It's amazing having such a great yard. Back and front. It really sounds like I'm bragging. And I'm trying not to, because that's not the way I want to tell you about it. I just love it. Jeff loves it. Our house still needs a lot of work and we have the next few years cut out for us, but we really have so much to enjoy, too. And the excess space? Well, we've acclimated quite nicely. Big thanks to Bob and Maida and Kory and Amy and Muff and Chris (Alphabetically). And my mom and grandparents. And my sister-in-law Gabby. She's a whirlwind and an amazing cleaner. You guys helped us so much, and I really appreciated it. Whether it was watching kids, or actual moving or cleaning, you saved me a lot of work and worry. You all enabled me to go to bed at like, 2 am instead of NEVER. So, without further ado, some pictures: (But you need to realize that my photo taking skills are nil. And there are a lot more picture-worthy things as well, but I'm too tired to take some more. And to appreciate the true grandeur, you need to come on over and check it out yourselves). :)
The Kitchen
The Entryway/living room
The Master Bathroom
Part of Jeff and my closet
The family room
So, the kids rooms and the play room and their bathroom and the yard(s) and so on and so forth are still a bit rough, and I can't bring myself to post them yet. But for right now, this is what you get. Maybe I'll get more soon, but I'm feeling good that I finally got a post on my blog. Maybe I'll start blogging more often again. Who knows?
Read minolta x 570 manual PDF Ebook online PDF
-
*Pdf Download minolta x 570 manual Epub PDF*
Download minolta x 570 manual Doc Gutenberg
Studу Frее Bооkѕ Onlіnе аnd еvеn Dоwnlоаd еBооkѕ fоr Nо соѕt...
5 years ago


14 comments:
I love the family room the fire place is gorgeous! I am so glad you are settling in and loving your new house. It is so great to have more room. It makes everything so much easier.
its so pretty. mom and dad said its humungous. you guys totally deserve it. glad you found your perfect new home!! congrats you guys!!
ps when you're ready for guest we'd love to come see it and let story play with your kids. she loves them!
That looks so incredible! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see it in person.
It looks great! I feel the moving pain, but it looks like it took you a lot less time to get settled then us. Congrats!
Verrrry cool.
I'm glad you guys got a nice house.
Kass, you are invited AT ANY TIME. I've gotten accustomed to the fact that this project, though great, is in need of a million different things that will end up taking me forever. So my previous plan, which was inviting people over when it looks good, has been scrapped.
To everyone else that has commented, who knows how long it's going to take me to paint and do touch ups and organize? Certainly not me. Like I said, the pictures posted are the clean areas. That means that others are...not. So everyone and anyone is invited. We actually have room to send the kids so they aren't screaming/climbing/fighting/trying to turn on a movie/everything else, just as we're trying to have a conversation with company. Just call when you have a free second, and we'll make the arrangements. Seriously. I'm excited for everyone to see it.
I am so excited for you to be in your new place, and I'm glad it feels like 'home'. Can't wait to see more pics! Talk to you soon via the telephono, I hope.
Oh that's beautiful!
The pictures look great! I must say it cleans up pretty nicely. I will attest that I never want to leave when I am over there. Hence my LONG visits. :) Very welcoming. If you need help this week organizing or cleaning I would be glad to come over and let the kids play and we can clean and stuff. I know how it feels to have things unorganized. Plus I LOVE doing it. I wish I could get organized in our house but we are not there yet you know, so I have all this organized energy needing to be used.
Amy, I could TOTALLY use your untapped organizational skills. ;)
Congrats - your house looks awesome!! It must be so nice to have your dream house :)
I'm still VERY jealous of your home! I think it's going to be about 10 years before I can come over again. When I'm there, I want to just start taking your sinks, light fixtures, etc. and stuffing them under my shirt. I've decided maybe it's just better that I don't visit than to have to control my kleptomania.
-Muffy
Wow, so beautiful!! I'm glad everything worked out. And thanks for the clothes! We'll have to come see it in person. Ever since Maggs found out you live closer now, she thinks she can come play with Cole everyday. She woke up yesterday morning and said to Lynus, "Hey Lynus, I'm going to Cole's today. Wanna come?
Post a Comment