Yeah, this is one of those posts in which I'm just not doing so well. I don't know why. I'm trying to be consistent about my exercise, and trying to keep myself busy, but in the end, I'm just kinda...sad. Poor me, I know. But honestly? I hate feeling this way. I hate not being appreciative of how easy I have it. I consciously know that there are people having way worse life experiences, and yet they keep on keeping on...
Sometimes I honestly feel like I would be okay sleeping for the rest of my life. I hate admitting that, because I'm aware of how terrible it sounds. It makes me a rotten wife, a terrible mother, and a downright pathetic human. I'm treading water. I know I'll come out of it, but sooner would be better than later.
So I'm just being even more withdrawn than usual. Waiting until I stop sucking the fun out of the room, and whatnot. This would totally happen at the time my mother-in-law is in a rehabilitation center for her recent knee surgery. Tonight I looked at her and honestly tried to WILL myself out of my funk. Here she is, in physical pain, trying to recuperate and worrying about her responsibilities that are going untended to. That's a lot of justifiable stuff to be bummed about. Not that she is, she's just, "getting it over with".
And then there's me. I'm being whiny and sad about nothing I can see, smell, taste, or feel. Just, because. Nice, right? How lame is that?
Anyway, I'm telling myself I need to try harder. I will continue to take my meds, and remind myself why I'm lucky to be who and where I am. Try to shake myself out of it. Hopefully things will start looking less dismal. I'm just asking, does anyone have any tips? Any, "stop feeling sorry for myself", tips? Other than the usual, "Stop feeling sorry for yourself"? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks all.
Read minolta x 570 manual PDF Ebook online PDF
-
*Pdf Download minolta x 570 manual Epub PDF*
Download minolta x 570 manual Doc Gutenberg
Studу Frее Bооkѕ Onlіnе аnd еvеn Dоwnlоаd еBооkѕ fоr Nо соѕt...
5 years ago


11 comments:
Don't get overwhelmed...get a check up. Bodies change with age and maybe things need some adjusting. I'm not any kind of authority on any of this, but that was my first thought. Lots of hugs and much love to you.
Sorry your in a funk. It is not fun. I agree with Sharon. Lots of things can contribute to that health wise. For example thyroid. Also you may need your meds adjusted. Maybe a new one or maybe it needs to be upped. Nothing gets me out of a funk more then my children. They need me and are constantly reminding me with the things they need from me. Also praying always helps me. I know that probably sounds cliche but it seriously helps. Plus if I am doing the things I need to do spiritual wise then I can see a difference in my demanor. I know that might not work for everybody but it does wonders for my spirit. Also date night. Go out with Jeff. Need a babysitter just ask me. I will do it. Service helps me too knowing that I helped someone out always makes me feel good.
i've got a couple tips, because i soooo often get into these funks.
1- in our house we always say "i have the right to be onery/upset/depressed today. and you do. just go with it until its all out.
2-nothing gets me out a funk better than getting out of the house and serving someone. i know its the church answer, but it seriously helps. just devote a solid hour to doing/making something for someone else. It takes your mind off what you are feeling.
3-have a good cry and get all your emotions out and on the table, examine them and throw the things you dont need away and take the rest and find the positive in them.
4-eat some chocolate. :)
I hope you feel better soon. I could tell yesterday that you weren't feeling too hot. Sorry things are hard right now, it wont last forever.
Dang it-my comment was deleted and it was world changing-I will try to replicate it. Rain, I hear you. I think everyone gets in funks and sometimes they are so hard to get out of. things to do-autumn walks, naps with the window open,good food, complain to a friend-a random one that helps me-have someone pitch you eggs and swing at em with a baseball bat-somehow the violent mess is very stress relieving. thins not to do-don't feel guilty or stress about others expectations-realise this funk can't last forever. I'm also pretty sure a colorado road trip would cure both our funks-but now i'm just dreamin:) hope it ends soon. Also burnt almond fudge icecream could possibly do the trick
I would say take all your medication at once! Jk...DON'T REALLY!!!! Make a skirt with me. That will fix any funk. But if you are in the funk for awhile, I would really suggest therapy. It does wonders even if it's just for a bit. Everyone needs it once in awhile.
Whoops, that was me (KELLI), not Keri. Obviously, since Keri DOES NOT sew.
Good thing conference is this weekend! Seriously, sometimes it gets hard right before conference because there's going to be something you need to hear or learn and change. I hope the fog lifts soon for you.
My last comment was erased. F-ing blogger. (jk...kinda). Being sad is okay. Wanting to sleep all day may mean there is something else going on. Wanting to sleep all day AND being sad may mean that there is something else going on. We all get in funks. Even people on medications are allowed to have emotions :) I'm with Brandi & Sharon. If your super tired and that's what is making you funky get your thyroid checked, or you may be anemic and just need to take a multi-vitamin with some iron in it (got any prenatal vitamins laying around?). If you're sad and that is what is making you tired then I suggest that you see your doctor about changing or increasing whatever medication you may be taking. As people age (sadly we are aging) their bodies change and medications may need to be adjusted. And maybe you just need a running pal to vent to :) Venting to someone who completely understands and won't judge you is very therapeutic.
that was so not tor... but I'm not taking the time to change my profile... like I said f-ing blogger.
Do you read dooce.com? She just wrote a blogpost this past week about how she found out from her therapist that people who can suffer from depression feel it the worst in the spring and in the fall. Every fall this happens to her for no explicable reason. Fall funk time! It will pass, of course, but I understand the feeling. Sometimes you just need some inspiration and those chemical imbalances to even out. They will! And of course, feeling guilty about it doesn't help. Damn brain...straighten yourself out! Reconsider the med situation if it doesn't sort itself out here soon, I say. But I think it will.
Hey Rain,
You've got some great friends giving you advice on here. :) I agree that you should go to your doctor or a recommended professional who actually LISTENS. My advice is to not push this under the rug and tell yourself to straighten up. GO to someone. When you're left with your own thoughts, thoughts that are unhealthy, you need to seek action. Like Leah said, there is something going on. Find out what it is.
Love you,
Lora
Post a Comment