Monday, April 30, 2012

The second part of April--much less sucky (And a lot longer than the last post).

I've lost touch.  I don't know how this has happened, exactly, just that it has.  I'm finally getting over feeling crappy, and trying to get into some sort of balance of everyday life, again.  All  birthdays are over, and Easter is over, and I'm looking forward to ending this school year, and getting into summer.  As I said before, Jeff's birthday was a bust.  I was just starting to get sick, and the first part of the day I had to go watch Cole's animal report.  I would have had a video, but it was probably three seconds long.  By the time I had started to record, it was time to applaud.  Honestly, I'm not even sure I know anything more about crabs--the sea-life--than I already did.  (And the not sea-life?  Well, I don't know much about that, either.  But I felt like I had to differentiate).  Cole looked like he knew what he was talking about the two seconds that I watched him, so I guess we can count it as a win.  
Next, I had to drive over to Sydney's school for her Easter Egg hunt.  I honestly have to say that the kids in her class are pretty cute.  However, I found out that Sydney is somewhat of a bully to her classmates.  Taking things from others, and throwing a fit if she's expected to share.  The women that teach her class are all really quite patient and kind.  I wanted to drag her out of the classroom and beat her.  But they continued to be patient with her, and the other kids.  Impressive.  Fyi; she kicked butt at the hunt.  I guess being very forward (read: bratty), has its perks.
I went home alone, Syd lives for the bus ride each Friday to and from her class.  Even when I offered her more candy if she came home with me, she told me, "I gonna ride the bus".  That's dedication.  It kind of worries me that she only has two more days of school, left.  She loves it.  I'm not sure that her classmates love her, but she talks about Friday and going to school all week long.  She's going to miss it so much during the summer.  Her teacher told me something about the possibility of Syd having more days of class next year.  So, we'll have to see what happens. 


When Jeff got up for the day, Syd immediately wished him a happy birthday.  I was pretty surprised, because I had mentioned it to her before she rode the bus, so I thought she wasn't paying attention. She listens more than I assume, apparently.  Unless it's about picking up her toys.  I don't think she hears anything about that subject. 
Jeff and I went to the movie, 21 Jump Street.  There honestly wasn't anything else to go to, and it had gotten really good reviews.  Honestly, I wish I hadn't read said reviews. Because I expected it to be a lot funnier than it was.  But it was funny.  
And that was Jeff's birthday.  Sad, right?  He was a little down in the dumps, and I didn't blame him.  Aside from coughing through the entire movie, I wasn't feeling the full effects of being sick until the next day--Cole's birthday.  (His birthday was on the same date as Easter this year, so we celebrated a day early).  
He and I went to Red Lobster.  But first, we had to search four different stores, so he could spend his birthday money and allowance on the toys he'd been saving/wishing for.  Last year, he blew all his money on Pokemon cards, and this year it was similar.  Only, he bought Skylanders and a Ninjago Lego set.  You'd think that wasn't as exciting as it apparently was.  He told me like five times that he was having the best birthday, ever.  

These were the pictures he had to send to Jeff of his birthday haul.  I can honestly say that we were pretty lucky to get everything he wanted on that exact day as I'd been looking for all this stuff for two months, and no luck.  I was glad everything worked out for him. 
Then, finally, we could go eat. 
But it was kind of a bust. After ordering the meal that he'd been planning since February, he felt sick.  So he didn't even finish it. But it also may have been that I kept coughing during the meal, and was getting some dirty looks.  It was Red Lobster.  I mean, fancier than our usual fare, but really?  Excuuuuuuuuse Me.
Easter was unmemorable.  I'm thinking the kids got some candy, and I did as well, and maybe they ate something?  I don't know.  I was in a fevered haze that continued until Riley's birthday.  When I still felt crappy, but would have felt worse if I didn't do anything to make my daughter's 12th birthday different from any other day.  She wanted to go to Trafalga.  We bought those pass of all passes things, and so she wanted to go play mini golf.  Bowling last year, and mini golf this year.  She hates me.  But everyone else had fun playing, so I guess I took one for the team.  

(In all honesty, I had fun watching.  So there was that).




 The pictures are pretty crappy because it was so dark, but it was a good time.  (And that picture of Jeff and me?  He looks like he's barely tolerating my head on his shoulder, but he IS carrying my purse.  So, it's just a ruse.  Obviously).   Riley had a good birthday.  She's like me, in that she likes to collect things.  And her collection she's focused on now is Monster High dolls.  She got a buttload of them.  Not only with birthday money, but her Christmas money and allowance, this has been an ongoing endeavor. And, if we were to add up all the green to get to this collection of hers, it's a bit sickening.  But, it's hers, and she's still my little girl, and I don't want her to get to that point where she is too old for them. 
(Maybe she'll be like me and my Care Bears.  Right, Moriah?  You tried to save my maturity so many times, and I was a hopeless case).  But I hope it's like that.  And, if she does get too old for them, Syd has dibs.  She can't wait for Riley to go to school so she can sneak into Riley's LOCKED room, and take what she wants.  She's figured out how to unlock just about everything in our house.  Anyway, I know I've said that things are going too fast with Riley. Jeff told me yesterday that if she were to have a baby the same time I had her, it would be nine years from now.  That means, it could be that in 9 years, I find myself a grandmother.  I'm not ready for that.  At all.  
Tomorrow, May starts.  The last month of school.  Fingers crossed we make it.  For those of you that are dealing with school, fingers crossed that you make it.  Later Dudes!

5 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I am going to start calling you grandma Rainey, just for practice. ;) Lukas likes to collect things too, and he is only 5! I swear he asks for things just to have and then never plays with them. It is a little annoying. He lines up all his Star Wars toys and stares at them.

Lora said...

Uh, Riley is NOT allowed to have a baby in nine years. Tell her I SAID SO!

I loved all the pictures. I can't imagine how insane it must be to have three birthdays in a row like that. And the fact that you made sure (while sick, no less) that everyone had his/her own special day?--Kudos! You have some lucky kids.

Love your looooong hair, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lord! I cannot believe Jeff pointed out the whole 9 years from Riley's age is when you had her. That is just evil! Holy Moly! And I don't remember trying to curb your carebear love, because it honestly took me WAY too long to stop playing with my own toys. Paper dolls...why oh why did I ever have to stop playing with you! Hope you are feeling a ton better, and we must chat very soon. xo

Kory said...

21 is kind of old to have babies around these parts. She could be married and having kids in 6 or 7! I'm sorry you were sick, Amy has it and it sucks.

Amy said...

Your April sounds like my end of April and May! Gotta love it!

I love all the pictures of your family, so cute!