Friday, July 10, 2009

She's not cute.

So, because I'm a rotten, terrible mother, I tell my baby she's not cute. And this is the response I get. And then I want to eat her cheeks and squeeze her till she squeals. My babies are SUPPOSED to look just like me--and Syd does not. She has disrupted the status quo. And yet, just like Riley and just like Cole, I just couldn't love her more. And for those of you that have heard me say these terrible things to my sqishy squid, I'll let you in on a secret: she melts my heart with her cuteness, she has me enchanted by her adorability, and even though I threaten to sell her or give her to the meanest lady I can find, there's no way I could do without her. Judging by the way she plays me, I'm pretty sure Sydney has picked up on this.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Giving children to some mean old lady has to be the best threat I've ever heard.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's so funny, the meanest lady you can find. ;) She is very very cute!

Amy said...

Apparently that mean lady is me. Today I found out that Erik totally hates swimming lessons. It broke my heart a little bit. I am that mean lady who makes kids miserable in water. SO hand your kid over to me, I'd be glad to take her. Anyway thanks for your comment. I feel like I never talk to you anymore.

Moriah said...

Oh my. She has definitely found her niche as the baby of the family. Way to go Sydney! Work it, Baby.

Sarah said...

OK - I'm starting to get worried about you! ;)