Monday, December 7, 2009

My Bubby turned 1.





And I turned a little more than 1.  Hopefully the year's growth in me isn't as obvious as it is with my Squish.  The top picture was courtesy of Desisto Digitals, obviously...and that doesn't seem that long ago.  You all saw my fabulous Jeffrey's post dedicated to how wonderful I am.  ;)  I honestly hate putting anything up after he does that, though.  It just makes me so happy to read about how great he thinks I am on any given day. And to see your wishes for a happy birthday to me--well, it just makes for some good reading.  Ahh.   See how much Syd means to me?  I'm giving all that up.  For her.  


So my little Squid is now a year old.  Oooh how I love my Bubby-Boo.  I'm a little sad that this time has come, and so quickly.  She's only been here with us for a little over 12 months, but somehow she's completely assimilated herself into our little family.  She's bossy and gassy and grabby, and grumbly...but no matter what she does, she's our baby.  She's waited on, and catered to, and spoiled rotten.  And she's a brat...the biggest brat by far of my babies.  But for some reason, this is acceptable to all of us.  This is her "thing", or the niche that she fills in our family.  Needless to say, we all have fallen in love with her.  And she takes full advantage.  


We went to Pirate Island Pizza.  We'd never been before, and no, the fact that Sydney only turned a year old didn't escape me, I knew that she wouldn't get much more out of it than some bites of pizza, but I wanted Riley and Cole to have some stuff to do, too.  We had my sister and brother and his wife come with us, as well.  Which I was happy that they braved the cold night, and came to keep us company.  And Jess had to tell me that our waiter was faking a pirate accent.  Which, I was glad that he did, because I wasn't very keen on the fakeness of it...and could very easily see me asking where he was from later on.  And then when he would have said "Provo", or "West Jordan", I would have felt incredibly dumb.   On a different topic, I need to give Muff props as last month she surprised me and Syd by making this cute little skirt.  And Sydney loved it--she'd be so completely pissed when I would take it off of her.


So it was fun, I thought.  We just ate dinner and then played at the arcade.  The kids had something to do, and so did Jeff, and I had a babysitter for Syd, (her aunt Gabby) and got to visit with my brother and sister.  It was a nice night.  I wished Lora would have been there, but that's how it goes when you're adults and have to live where you can work and such, I suppose.  Btw, Riley and Cole and Jeff won me some super cool items, and I'll treasure them for pretty much ever.  I mean, what can't you do with a five inch tall pirate bear?  Exaaaaaactly.   



After the eating and the winning and the gifts for Syd--some really cute cars and some balloons, and a blanket that she hasn't put down, we all went home.  I always wondered as a kid why my mom got so completely stressed about kid birthday parties.  Now I know.  Even when they go well, they are just a lot of work.  I had stressed about it all day, and Muff and Jeff helped me a lot.  And I didn't even have to do any cooking or entertaining or anything.  I think that it was just going out and getting out of my pajamas, or something.  


Then it was time for MY presents.  I got the new Super Mario Brothers Wii game.  And fyi...I love it.  I'm not much of a video game player, but it's a different story with the classics.  And I got some jewels, and some clothing, and some music...and I got to play with all my new toys before bed.  It was a good birthday. 





And Syd had fun, too, I think.  But like I said, she's a big brat...so maybe all of her complaining wasn't as good-natured as I led myself to believe.  But one thing IS for certain...Jeff and these little people we created are my very best friends.  They make me laugh harder and love stronger than I knew to be possible.  And I'm a lucky, lucky 27 year old.  Again. 

8 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I cried SO hard when Lukas turned one and I think when Blair turns one I am going to cry even harder. There is something from going from months to actually years that just tears at my heart strings. I am glad you both had such great birthdays. Kid birthday parties are always stressful. I always get stressed for them. Last year Lukas had his first friend birthday party and it was so much work and I stressed so bad but they are so much fun and so worth it.

Kelli said...

That picture of her surprised is SO great! I've heard that pirate place is amazing! Good choice :)

Leah said...

It's funny. It always irritates me major when people say their kids are 34 months instead of just saying almost three, but now I get it. Like Brandi said there is something so heartbreaking about going from months to years, you just want to cling to the months for a little longer. I'm glad you had such a great birthday. And I'm really glad you ended up with such a great guy. Not bad for a chick from Wyoming.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that 3rd picture down is my very favorite. she's so stinking cute. i love the skirt muff made her! so awesome! so glad you two had a good birthday! here's so a few more!

Kory said...

I like your shirt you're wearing in those pictures.

Moriah said...

I can't believe she is one! Time flies. But I am happy you two had such great birthdays!

Amy said...

She is one! Love the pirate place! But did you like the food? I was not a fan of the food, but the environment was Awesome!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to you both. Those are some great photos - I love the one of you and Jeff. I'm so glad we're the same age now - I thought I'd never catch up :)