Sunday, January 17, 2010

A few of my Favorite Things.


So I have been meaning to do this post for a while now.  But I kept having to find stuff that would make the cut.  And, I had to weed out that that wasn't as fabulous.  Phew.  Now you all can know true awesomeness.  I'm a giver. But I've told you that. And see how studious I look in my glasses?  Boom.  


I've mentioned my best Wyoming pal, Moriah's website:  http://www.gleegarden.com.
Basically, she gets input from all her friends, famous and non, (I'm unfortunately in the "non" category, but I'm still smokin' cool, obviously), about everything worth knowing about.  Make-up, Jewelry, Gizmos, Decor, etc; there really isn't anything she doesn't cover.  And she updates it daily.  So I read her reviews, and try some things, and lust after others.  It's actually been like watching an infomercial.  But about interesting stuff.  So, I'm copying her.  I can find cool stuff.  I can!  Hide and watch, Suckas. 


Anyhoo, let's get this party started.  So, I have to rave about the series I've been reading.  Yeah, yeah..I know I should just put it under the "what I'm reading" category to the side of my blog, but these books are deserving of something more.  Firstly, though, let me tell you about the greatest program ever:




I came upon this site like, four years ago.  It's been so radical, I can't even tell you.  My public library sucks.  It never has the books I want to read.  But I've gotten so many books from Paperbackswap that it makes my head spin.  (Fyi:  Just because the site is called "paperback" swap, that doesn't mean it's limited to paperbacks.  I've recieved comics and graphic novels and hardcovers).  And what's the greatest part about it?  They've been FREE.  Yeah, I have to pay shipping, but that's it.  Check this program out.  If you read, it will save you so much money.  And you're recycling.  Do you have some old books lying around that you didn't think were that great?  Try this program and you won't be sorry.

*Also, if you do check it out you will notice that there is a DVD swap, and a CDswap.  I'm a member of CDswap, and it's saved me thousands of bucks.  Seriously.  I'd totally recommend this, too.  (And so would Jeff, for those of you that are highly skeptic, like he is).  





Now, for my literary recommendation: 
I'm on book #9 (Shown) in a series that's been around for quite a while, and they even turned it into a TV show a few years back.  But, it was kind of lame.  Luckily, I'd read a couple of the Dresden Files books before seeing the show, and I wasn't deterred from continuing.  They keep getting better.  Sometimes I have to savor a book series...this is one of them.  It's something that I have to slowly go through, so I don't end up at the end, not being able to wait for the next book to be written.  I imagine myself kind of like Kathy Bates, in Misery.  If I could find Jim Butcher, lock him up, and have him write adventures of Harry Dresden just for me?  I would.  Anyway, I've told you what kind of books I like to read.  These are them.  Minus some of the usual skank. (For anyone that's interested, below is the beginning of the series).




As you all know, I don't have TV.  Anyway, you should know, cause I've complained about it quite a few times, and if you can't remember, SHAME ON YOU.  Because of this, I'm not overly clued in on those "As seen on TV" items, like others are.  For instance, remember the Christmas before last when I got some Snuggies sent to my front door for someone else, and I had no clue what they were?  Yeah, yeah, long story short, I ended up stealing them, but that's not what I'm talking about right now.  Right now, I want to tell you about these: 




That's right, Yo.  Now my CANS of Diet Dew can be bottles.  And I like to match my cans with one of the six different colors of tops I can choose.  You're nothing if you don't accessorize.  Believe it.  
I was innocently shopping at Target, (surprise!), and I saw a package of these hanging by the soup section.  (I know, right?!)  So I took a chance and bought them.  Having NEVER seen the infomercial, I was going on faith in American genius.  And my faith was rewarded, my friends.  In addition to myself, Riley and Cole are hardcore believers in the pure wonder that is:  Bottle Tops.  Fun for everyone. 


I've said time and time again that if I could, I would drink everything.  I love the feel of a bottle in my hand, or a fancy drinking container, or a very special mug.  Add that to a delicious beverage, and I'm in my happy place.  I guess you could say that it's a very good thing I abstain from alcoholic drinks, as it could be very detrimental to me.  With my love of beverages and my mainly Native American/Irish background, well, that could cause even more behavioral problems than I already have.  Anyhoo, moving on.  I've already shown you  my beloved bottle tops, now for my ceramic coffee cup--or hot chocolate/Chai tea cup, as is the case with me.  



Isn't she pretty?  I love the silicone top and the sleeve that protects my lips and little hands from the hotness within.  Completely dishwasher safe, so protects my little hands from disgusting dishwater, too.  It's a must-have people.  For those of you that enjoy a warm drink now and then, make your way to Boarders, and pick one up.  I'm sure you can get them elsewhere, also, but that's where I found mine.  (And Jeff's).  I don't know about all you, but at times I have to justify purchases for myself with purchases for Jeff, as well.  I don't want to be deemed more stingy than usual, by any means. 



These are recent.  And totally addictive.  My sister-in-law, Shauna dropped these off my house a few nights ago--just cause she wanted me to have the "best biscotti", and those were her words, my friends, not mine.   Five delicious flavors to enjoy with one of my favorite warm beverages.  Can I just tell you how fancy I feel?  Each time I try I different flavor, I'm sure that one is my favorite. But I will say this:  the German chocolate one is divine.  It was one of those things that I ate with great trepidation....because with each new bite, more was missing.  I'm not sure where she got them, but I need to know.  As I'm almost out.  And I'm jonesing, big time.  


Okay, that's all for now.  I do have to say that it's a good thing that my friend Moriah's blog is the professional one, and mine isn't.  As she cares about spelling, and grammar and other stuff that companies find important when advertising their wares.  But I know good stuff when I see it/use it/taste it.  So go shopping, and know you're gonna be pleasantly surprised.  Later dudes.



 




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Rain. Good stuff.

Amy said...

I know what you mean about having special cups and water bottles. I like drinking water more when its in a water bottle. :)

Kory said...

Is anyone else concerned that the bottle top chick looks dead?! If that's someone you know, you can delete my comment.

Moriah said...

I only wish I had famous friends! These are awesome finds, and I am thinking I will just have to use some for my website. Rock on.

Ashley said...

Hahaha i almost bought those soda can tops that awesome!

Leah said...

You added a 3rd kid to your misshapen family! Why is it a boy? Syd is definitely a girl. Oh the things I notice... and care about.

rain said...

Sharon--I think so, too. ;)

Amy: Right? I realize it says something about me that drinking out of bottles gives me so much pleasure. But, it's just hands-down, better.

Kory--she's just fine. A little pale, but that's one of the side-effects of the soda she's drinking, I'm sure of it. Luckily, I drink Dt. Mountain Dew, not that SODA stuff. Nothing to worry about.

Moriah, you use whatever you'd like. This is my kind of "fancy" stuff, and it pretty much makes me a Cletus the slack-jawed yokel to your lifestyles of the rich and famous. But that's just another thing I love about you. You let me enjoy my trashiness.

Ashley, DO IT!!! It's the best 10.99 you'll ever spend. ;) I'd be on the infomercial, if they'd let me.

Leah-I KNOW!!! I was wondering if anyone would catch that. When Jeff showed it to me, that's exactly what I thought...but A) I didn't want to hurt his feelings cause I'd been asking him to do it for me, and B) I wondered if anyone would even notice. You get the gold star.