When Jeff and I were first married, life was different, as I've assumed by now it always must be. We were two different people from very different families that quickly decided to become a team, together. Getting through those times of figuring out what we would do about situations, and opinions, and personal beliefs was pretty difficult, and I imagine that stuff would be VERY difficult if the two people were really convinced that one or the other's way of life was the "right" way. It took Jeff and I a long time, and some confusing moments to figure out what our stance was on everything important. Sometimes we agreed, and sometimes we didn't....but we learned that by respecting each other, by having the outlook of being best friends and individuals, we circumvented a lot of pitfalls.
Anyway, enough about me. This is mainly about Jeff. And Riley, and Cole, and Syd. These past 11 years have gone by so quickly. My oldest is almost 10. This was really inconceivable about nine years ago. Jeff has seen me at my worst. Lived with me, at my worst. And he's still here. He's helped me turn into a parent. He's supported me and our babies. He constantly amazes me with how gifted a father he is...how my children love him and want to be near him, always. How if I, or the kids, or anyone need something, all they have to do is ask, and he'll make time for everyone. He lets us know that we are most important...and I'm high-maintenance enough that this is a huge factor of our relationship enduring. There are so many things that Jeff does for me each day, everyday, that a lot of the time I take them for granted. I forget to thank him for the work, the love, the support, the advice, the listening ear...he's everything to me and for me. Thank you, My Love. There's no one else that could give me everything...but you do, and you always have.
I hope you'll excuse my randomness, as I'm tired and excited, and a bit overwhelmed by the good things in my life right now. But know this: If the next 11 years are anything like these past ones, and I can share them with these people? I'm in. And very happy about it.


12 comments:
Happy Anniversary Rain! Time flies by so fast. You are so blessed to have such a cute family.
Happy 11 years! Hope you have AT least 11 more!
Cheers to your anniversary! I remember piling in the car with my fam in Buffalo and making the trek to Utah for the joyous day. Hope the next 11 are even more incredibly fabulous and that you sorted out the stuff that wasn't. Loves!
Three cheers!
I use you guys as a reference for happy families all the time. I'm glad you do the same.
Happy anniversary!
i really hope i can say the same things in 7 years.
Happy anniversary! I love that picture Jeff and Cole playing wii.
Yay! I always think about your wedding on New Year's Eve. I know it's on the 2nd, but that's when I always think about it. I'm so glad you are a part of our family and it has been so great to get closer to Jeff since you guys got married (taking the barbwire off the doorknob helped immensely).
The picture of you walking with your friends, I think it's my favorite one of you. It shows your personality. And the lip gloss, I buy it all the time too, you'd never know it cause I never put it on. Just buy it.
Andy refers to himself in 3rd person as you know. I've discovered it's because there is no line between him and other people.
There is a gorgeous house for sale in Payson. It's $130,000 I think. It still needs finishing but is almost done. The people ran out of money building it and that's why it's so cheap. Gorgeous!!
I sorry I didn't say this on the day but I'm kind of brain dead sometimes. Happy Anniversary! I Hope you have many times 11 more! I am so happy that you are happy and such a great family.
Happiness is contagious...infect everyone! :)
Happy 11th.
I forgot to mention how cute I think that top picture of your family is! Love it!
Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are so cute together!
Post a Comment