It seems like I come alive at this time of year. I feel the way I did when Jeff and I were dating...and I remember the romance, and how great everything was. Years later, I feel even more in love with him than I was then...and that makes me so happy. I enjoy smelling the air, and wearing the warmer clothing, and baking, and being in my home. And with our new home, it just seems like everything is right. I feel very lucky to be me, and to have the people in my life that I do. Sometimes I am overwhelmed at how great life is...and this time of year, I feel it most. Also, having a fireplace is rocking my world.
Anyway, the weather has changed. There has been rain, hail, and even snow. And I've loved it. I snuggle with Syd and we watch movies and sing songs and just play around in my bed. I love that, too. It's this time of year that I remember my life is completely opposite of what I had imagined it to be, when I was young and still considering my options. And I sigh in relief that I did NOT end up as Chris Cornell's fourth wife. I know, I know. When I dream? I. Dream. Big.
So, the Anderson Halloween Party was quite early this year. It was fun, and the weather was nice. But I hadn't yet gotten around to thinking up a costume, so I didn't go in one. But my kids did...they both came up with their own ideas, and we found costume stuff in our Halloween decoration totes that they used to put their costumes together. I was pretty impressed with their ideas and creativity.
Riley was a devil girl, and Cole a Pokemon trainer. Cole is right now obsessed with Pokemon everything. I think it's all a bit too complicated, and the fact that they have a bazillion cards that take up every corner of our home, annoys me. But he looked really cute, so that's all that matters.
I had to hold Axel a bit...just to prove that I hadn't completely scarred him for life. And he came to me quite readily, for your information. It made me feel good.
My baby girl was a little fairy. And she is definitely a free spirit. She just flitted around the entire party, checking out all the sights in Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's backyard. And finishing everyone's half-empty drinks. Just because she could, and they weren't guarding them. Suckers.
Muffy made Syd her skirt last year for Syd's first birthday. I love it so much. And Syd does, too...she totally struts her stuff when she gets to wear it.
I really love my girls. And my boys. I have two favorite boys, and two favorite girls. See? I'm a lucky lady.
I didn't win the ultimate prize, which was a Jack Skellington that Kelli knitted. And there were a few times that I had to literally take myself elsewhere, as during the Jeopardy game I heard myself shouting and saying really annoying, obnoxious things that were supposed to be funny, but fell way short. I'll admit it...sometimes I'm not as hilarious as I imagine myself. All in all, it was a lot of fun. Thanks to Kelli for all her hard work.
The following Monday I had volunteered to help with the kid's school carnival. I thought it would be a little event, but it wasn't. I thought it would be in and out, and I wasn't. And I thought it would be low-key. It wasn't. Apparently, you can invite anyone. And, the whole city of Spanish Fork showed up. Anyway, that's what it felt like. There was NO time to say "hi" to people, and when I was "relieved" by another parent at the bean-bag toss, I was so pooped that I hid out, rather than reporting to the office to say I needed another job. Dude, I was sweating, like I used to before I started to use armpit acid. It was a high-stress situation.
Anyway, the kids had a really good time, and I guess that's the main point, right? The kids? I hear that's the attitude good parents take when it comes to doing stuff for their progeny. I'm giving it a whirl. So, I met Riley's friends moms with pit-stains, but I'm okay with it, cause I was doing it for her, and Cole. Ugggggh. Okay, next story will be about us and Grandma Steele, and the pumpkin patch. Good times. So now you know to keep checking my blog, or risk missing out. Big time.


9 comments:
I get the sweat pit stain thing I have always suffered with this. Luckily if you keep your arms down it helps. I mean I know people who sweat really bad in their face and you really can't hide that. Looks like your having a fun October.
I'm reallyglad you are doing so well, I love this time of year too! I love that picture of story and syd, I finally see some family resemblance, even tho she's a little Jeff clone. :)
Fun post, and I loved all your pictures, I can not believe how tween Riley is getting, and Cole. By the way Kory TOTALLY knew Cole was Ash. We had a big conversation about it that night :) I loved Syd's hair that day, it was so free and whimsical, and just beautiful, that girl has GREAT hair.
I love the picture of you and Axel together, it is a very good picture of you, and he of course is darling (but I am biased)
And I love the pictures of Syd and Story, I can't wait for them to be best buds in the future!
Brandi--yeah, I'm a sweater. I sweat all the time. And it's on my face, too. It's rotten. Supposedly, it's physically a good thing. However, socially? It blows.
And Kass, I love that pic of Syd and Story together, too. Story would not hold still--I had two others just like it where she was this blurb of movement and Syd was staring at me. I also thought it told a lot that as Syd was running around all over the place, I have proof that Story was, too. :) Both you and Jerome had to chase after her...and just think, next year at this time you'll have another one! :)
And Amy, yeah my kids are growing up. In a way, it's fun to see them more as people rather than my babies. In another way, it sucks. Big time. It makes me proud and breaks my heart at the same time. I think I'm going to have a lot of issues.
I love Syd's hair, too....she is just my angel baby. But only in looks. And I was Happy Axel didn't mind me holding him. He's still so cute and squishy. I really miss that stage. They kinda lose it when they start walking, so I'm kinda glad he's content to just chill. I'm excited for Story and Syd to get a little closer and older, too. But I think they both will be serious drama queens. I'm betting it will be very interesting to watch.
You are totally more than welcome to come hold my baby any time. I'll even try to prevent him peeing on you (You left out that great story when talking about the party). I love armpit acid. It has totally changed my life. If only we had discovered it in high school. I would have been WAY more slutty. And I also loved that picture of Syd and Story. Syd looks so pretty.
It's funny that someone is chasing Story in the background of half your pictures. Halloween is great. I can't wait until next year when I can invest some time into it.
All your kids look awesome-but I particularly love the Pokemon trainer one and embaressed to say that I figured it out without the caption. I so wish you lived closer, I would love to chill in front of the fire-let you snuggle the Petester and watch Tim and Syd make trouble together... in the words of Timothy..maybe yater.
Can I just say that you are seriously one hot momma?! Loving the long dark locks.
Kelli, I wasn't sure if you'd mind if I mentioned Felix urinating all over the front of my pants. However, as a mom, Pee seems to be the least objectionable bodily fluid. For me, anyway. Nothing a washing machine and a shower can't fix...and I'll totally take Felix off your hands next time I see ya.
Kory, I wish I would have gotten a couple pictures of Ashdon, as well. There is ALWAYS someone chasing that kid, too.
And Sarah? Anytime yater works for me. I'd love to snuggle with your new little guy, and maybe I'd have to create some sort of pen for Syd and Tim. Two busy-bodies is a bit overwhelming. And I'm sure Syd will be happy to teach Timothy some dirty tricks.
I love you, Moriah. :)
Post a Comment