Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something different

Okay...I previously had an entire post worked out.  However, it was a little on the downer side, and I'm tired of being down.  Too many down things in life suck and I'm tired of dwelling.  I'm more willing to focus on the good stuff, cause that's what's important.  My heart goes out to those that are having a hard time right now.  I think in life we mainly learn from our hardships, but it really sucks going through them.  And I have often wished we could just skip that part, all together.  Too bad I'm not in charge, right?
So anyway, I'm just going to tell you a couple of things we've been up to, lately.  And surprisingly, it's been quite a bit....life is getting a lot busier all of a sudden.  A couple weeks ago I babysat for my sister-in-law.  This was fun for me, actually.  I mean, with Jeff's family being so large, it seems like there are a lot of other choices for babysitters.  And, my kids are kind of in that in between phase.  While there are cousins that are quite a bit older, and then cousins that are quite a bit younger, and it seems like because they just aren't that close to most of their cousins in age, my taking care of the nieces or nephews doesn't happen that often.  And I'm not saying that in an angry way at all...just fyi.  I'm just stating it how it is.  Anyhoo, I got to watch Axel.  He's Kory and Amy's little boy, and he's pretty adorable.  I guess he wasn't feeling very well the day that he came over, and he fell asleep on the way to my house, so he woke up in a strange place, and I wasn't sure about his routine, so he was a little homesick.  (Anyway, this is what I've been telling myself.  It could just be that there IS another reason I never babysit kids...and that's because they hate me).  
I tried to get a lot of pictures while he was here, but he didn't like me putting him down to take them.  And so when I tried to "get one real quick", he'd start to cry like I abandoned him.  Thinking that maybe he was just sick of being in a strange place, I figured maybe he would like to go on a bike ride with me and Syd.  And I was wrong, yet again:
Before the ride:


I was a little concerned that maybe I had entirely the wrong idea, but they actually calmed down while we were traveling. (And Axel didn't let that little Domo doll go the entire time he was here, which I thought was cute). But  as they rode in the bike cart, Syd decided that she liked to put her leg right on Axel's lap.  And he hated that.  So when I got to the halfway spot, I decided to take another picture.  Just to see if I could come up with something to send to Amy so she wouldn't worry about Axel not having a good time:

And as you can see I failed, again.  Sydney had just kicked the Domo out of Axel's hands, and he was back to hating life, while Syd was just being her usual bratty self.  At that point I decided to hurry home as fast as possible.  It kind of puts a damper on your enjoyment of physical activities when you have two screamers protesting every inch.  
When we drove into my driveway, they were basically quiet.  And they just were staring ahead and Sydney wasn't being mean, and Axel wasn't crying, so I whipped my phone out to capture their looks of boredom, in order to have proof that they didn't hate every second:

And when I looked at them, they remembered what a terrible time they were having.  So I have no proof whatsoever that they enjoyed any of my hard work and sweat stains.  

When we went inside the house, we encountered more drama.  I think it was snack time, because both of them were hot and hungry.  I fixed them some snacks of crackers and cheese and juice and they still weren't having it.  Now I know that this is Syd's normal stuff, so I think she was just crying because she refused to be outdone by Axel--who is not only smaller, but also a boy.  
Like he usually does, Elmo saved the day.  And like I usually do, I didn't get a picture of both of them being happy for an hour or so.  Or of me snuggling with Axel, as he's a boy that likes to lie right beside you and touch you, or have you touch him.  It reminded me of Cole when he was a baby and though it was nice, it was also sad at the same time...because that age is such a fleeting moment.  And all kids are different.  There is NO way Syd would let me just hold her hand or tickle her arms while watching Elmo--her need to dance and sing and kiss the TV is just too strong. So Amy? Enjoy that he's a snuggler for as long as it lasts.  Because unfortunately, it never does.  And thanks for letting me watch him.  If you need someone again, you know my number.  
Okay all, I know this was a short post after such a long silence from me....and I KNOW you missed my quick wit and charm.  But don't worry.  I've still got a lot to enlighten you with, I'm just taking my time.  Later Dudes. 


6 comments:

Moriah said...

Ah Rainey, I miss you. And we shall speak over the next few days for sure as I am not working again until Thursday. Love your kiddo time! And all the stories from it.

Amy said...

Those pictures are great. I am so so sorry that he was such a booger for you. But I appreciate you taking him that day. We will have to do more together so he and Syd can be better friends. What every happened to your mommy group?

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Syd seriously has SO much hair! Poor little Axel it is so hard when you are used to being home all day with your mommy. Blair isn't shy but she has surprised me by NOT going into nursery at all. I thought she would be one of the kids that goes right in there. I guess I need to get her more play mates.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's funny. i watched him once and he was attached to me at all times. i left him on the floor for a moment and jerome i guess was too close. :)
and you're welcome to watch story any time you want. hahahaha. she will show you places that you had never thought to baby proof and will eat everything in your pantry, she's sweet like that.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that's funny. i watched him once and he was attached to me at all times. i left him on the floor for a moment and jerome i guess was too close. :)
and you're welcome to watch story any time you want. hahahaha. she will show you places that you had never thought to baby proof and will eat everything in your pantry, she's sweet like that.

Ashley said...

Hahaha! Poor kiddos.

I have always been a little envious of moms with their cuddly babies, Ashdon has never been a fan. Maybe i will be blessed with one in the future.