Friday, May 20, 2011

Good News.

Despite my face breaking out, my PMS insanity, and getting a cold sore, life is pretty sweet.  Syd has been on a talking rampage.  RAMPAGE!  Copying everything she hears, and it's starting to sound more and more like real words.  Even to people that are NOT in the immediate family.  I have to share, because you know...it's like, the biggest relief I've felt in so long.  Maybe since Cole?  I don't know.  My baby Syd is talking.  And making eye contact, and using tiny phrases.  Is she still behind?  Yes.  But, in this last week, the words she uses has tripled.  And the two mornings we've been to group I've been told by EVERYONE how impressed they are with Syd's improvement.  Not that that's the most important thing here, but it feels really, really good. :)
I know I've been a downer about a lot of things lately.  But I had to share something fantastic.  And FYI?  This is a picture of my Squish actually SAYING cheese.  Warms my heart.  Happy weekend, all!

7 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

YAY! I knew she would! I was also going to mention something. You can tell me to mind my own business if you want. Have you had her hearing checked? My nephew and a couple of my cousins kids were a little behind in speech and so they took them to the ENT and their ears were full of fluid! They couldn't hear so it was making it hard to talk. Tubes went in and before they knew it they were talking up a storm.

rain said...

Yeah, I wondered about her hearing a long time ago. She's been checked like, 3 times...and always passed. Also, I kind of knew it wasn't that when I could open the fridge, and like a puppy, she'd come running out of the next room, just because she knew I was getting food. She's just taken her sweet time. :)

Leah said...

Yay! I didn't post on your last one yet because I was still forming my thoughts. Especially after feeling like a douche for whining about my kid sleeping when you were going through so much worse. I'm really glad for Syd. I'm glad her classes are paying off. I think that getting her help whether she's on the "spectrum" or just taking her sweet time is such a selfless parent thing to do (if you know what I mean). Sometimes we don't do things in the hopes that it will mean they're not true. Anyway excited for you!

KaSs MiLeS said...

Sooooooo fantastic!!! So happy for her!

Kyle said...

What a cool little chick you've got there.

I'm happy for you guys.

rain said...

Leah, don't feel bad for posting struggles. I think it's important we all realize that regardless of who or where we are, we all have something that we struggle with. I know it helps me. Maybe that means I'm an evil person? I feel like life is easier if we can see that others can make it through things that are difficult to them. It gives me more hope, anyway. Also, when it comes to our kids? Everything is personal and serious and there's so much riding on each progress or backslide. Because they're our everything. It's all important stuff. And what you said about not doing something because of finding out something you don't want to hear something bad, and pretending it's not a problem? I know exactly what you mean. And, honestly, I did that very thing with Syd for a while. It's almost easier to sabotage everything in order to not have any negative absolutes.
I'm glad I finally gave in to what I felt needed to be done.
Kass and Kyle: I'm kinda happy with her. I mean, she shows characteristics of a child, a puppy, a kitten, a chimp...so many different beings wrapped into one. She makes everyday very interesting. ;)

Lora said...

Yay! I'm happy for Syd and everyone in your family. How exciting! :)