Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day 2011 [by Jeff]

This picture has already been posted but I absolutely love it!
She looks so freakin cute!

In honor of mothers day I interviewed Riley and Cole separately (and on one occasion Sydney chimed in with an answer) with a series of questions about their wonderful mom.

1. What's your favorite thing about your mom?
Riley: She cares about me.
Cole: How she's nice, she loves me, she's a very great person... she sometimes trusts me.

2. What's your favorite thing to do with mom?
Riley: Go shopping with her. Because we both LOVE to do that!
Cole: Going to the store and sitting in the car eating.

3. What is mom's best feature?
Riley: Her eyes, because they're soft.
Cole: Her eyes. I like it how her eyes sometimes change color.

4. How would you describe mom to someone who had never met her?
Riley: She has really long dark brown hair with orange highlights, she's skinny and has big blue eyes.
Cole: She has black hair and green eyes. She sometimes wears a purple shirt... I like that purple shirt. She likes Hot Tubs and she's really nice
Sydney: Doof. (that was her one word answer and the only description I'd need)

5. If you were trapped in a burning car and mom was the only one there what would she do?
Riley: She would maybe try to get firefighters... but that would take too long. Maybe she'd pry the doors open with a big metal bar or break the windows.
Cole: She would try to break me out of the car, maybe there would be some tools lying on the ground she could use to break me out.

6. If mom was being attacked by a bear how would you help her?
Riley: I would get something sharp and stab the bear right in the head so it would never attack anyone again!
Cole: I would run back to the house, get a shrink ray and a cage then I would shrink the bear, put it in the cage and keep it as a pet.

7. If mom were cloned how would you know which one was the real mom?
Riley: I'd ask them questions about mom to find out which one was really my mom... that's what they do in the movies, right?
Cole: On allowance day I'd ask "which one of you will take me to the store?" The real mom would say "me!"

8. If you found out mom was a robot, how would you react?
Riley: I'd be very sad, because I want a real mom.
Cole: I'd be really freaked out! I'd run out the door because she might have laser vision!

9. What is mom's favorite thing to do?
Riley: Shop!
Cole: She likes to go on vacation, she likes to sleep and she likes to watch movies with dad.

10. What is mom's least favorite thing to do?
Riley: Go bowling
Cole: She doesn't like to get hurt... Oh! This makes mom really mad! When another car slips in front of her without waiting and mom says "Seriously lady!". She hates that.

Now that I'm writing this I thought it would be nice if I answered my own questions, so here goes:

1. My favorite thing about Rainey is how fun and exciting she makes life, while at the same time respecting my need for routine. Not an easy thing to do, but she does it beautifully.

2. My favorite thing to do with Rainey is not appropriate for posting here. I'll leave it at that.

3. Rainey's best feature, I would have to agree, is her eyes. Among so many other great features (also probably not appropriate) her eyes have a light in them that can make you feel like the world is full of wonderful things and you want to be a part of it all.

4. I'd say "She's a hot, rockin babe that probably blew past you leaving your life feeling a little more empty without her in it."

5. If I were trapped in a burning car I'd probably have to find my own way out as Rainey tends to freeze up in those kind of situations.

6. If Rainey was being attacked by a bear she would probably pretend to be dead (I know that's the acceptable reaction to a bear attack, but that's her go to move in all situations) so it would probably leave her alone and go after me, in which case I'd have to wrestle the bear into submission with my bare hands.

7. If Rainey were cloned we'd probably go bankrupt... but it would be a sweet, wild ride until then.

8. If I found out Rainey was a robot then she probably could have torn the door off the car and saved me, crushed the bears windpipe and cloning her would probably be a lot easier.

9. Rainey's favorite thing to do (I hope) is another inappropriate thing to post.

10. Her least favorite thing to do... she really does hate bowling... and miniature golf.

Happy mothers day to all the mothers out there. Hopefully you are all being treated like you should every day but especially today. A special happy mothers day to my mom (who is probably having her worst mothers day ever) I love you mom and hope you feel better soon.

12 comments:

Lora said...

This was really fun to read, Jeff. It made me laugh and wonder why kids aren't interviewed more often. They're insightful, honest, and pay attention to things way more than we give them credit for. It's obvious they love their mom. Thanks for sharing.

Lora

Nately said...

That was freaking awesome. Not only do my nieces and nephew kick @$$, but my bro-in-law does too. I love you all... and Rain IS pretty awesome. :-)

Moriah said...

Oh man. That was so awesome, and I am sure Rainey would have been so happy reading those responses. Got a big ol' smile on my face. The girl who never thought much of being a mom has turned into the most magnificent mother ever! And one who is very happy in her role. Happy Mother's Day, my lovely friend!

maida said...

Isn't it nice to be loved? Your family thinks you are cool and I do too.

Tor said...

One of my all time favorite posts on any blog! So fun. Happy mother's day.

Tor said...

Not Tor. Leah

Kyle said...

"I'd run out the door because she might have laser vision!"

That kid has good planning abilities.

KaSs MiLeS said...

that was a fantastic post. i love the part where riley and cole say she has different colored eyes and that she sometimes wears a purple shirt. ;) and you're slightly morbid for some of those questions, but i guess that's appropriate for you. :)

Keri said...

That is so cool! I loved it. Good job Jeff.

Sharon said...

Fun stuff! Great kiddos...You too :)

Kory said...

Those kids crack me up! I love Cole's opportunistic approach to the bear question. And every time I see a girl with green eyes wearing a purple shirt I'll wonder if it's Rainey.

Amy said...

What a clever clever idea jeff! I loved all the posts I can't comment on them all, I was laughing the whole time I read it.