Jeff has been asking me when I was going to post on this blog again. But there's been a lot going on, in fact, too much. Too much that it's a little daunting to think about how to post about everything WITHOUT going beyond twenty paragraphs.
Maybe it will go beyond twenty. Suck it up, babies. You've got an entire workweek to get through. So let the good times, or the reminiscing of the good times, roll....
The first weekend of June, Cole got baptized. It went well. Jeff did a great job, and Cole felt special, and we ate Einstein bagels and cold cuts. You know--celebration foods of the highest quality. I wanted to thank Sharon and Rene for getting our banquet ready for us, while we were at the church. I don't think I thanked them on the big day...I have a tendency to stress in those situations...and I was overly worried that my house was stinky. It's an ongoing fear I have. Oh, and the middle and bottom pictures were from my sister in law, Gabby. She did fantastic.
Puke feeling aside, it was a fun day. Cole wasn't too disappointed when it was over. But it was nice to be in a place where our room was. We went and put Syd to sleep in our room, and Riley and Cole turned on iCarly. (And watched the same episodes they'd seen at least four times since we got there). We still had an hour before the amusement park closed down, so Jeff and I decided to go on a couple rides by ourselves. I think that was the first time since before Riley. And it was awesome.
Five bucks later, and we had the above picture--cause we had to commemorate the event. Obviously. But luckily it wasn't cheesy at all, just romantic and super-rad.
I was excited for the day when we'd get out of the casino, and take in sights on the strip. We got up and got dressed and went and parked in parking for Caesar's Palace. We saw the fountain, and took the kids to see the fish in their ginormous tank. I thought it was fun, but the kids were missing iCarly, and Jeff was tired. And then I did the unthinkable...I suggested we go see MORE sights, and go to other casinos. I was thinking the Bellagio, and MGM Grand, and more...but we got to the next casino over, crossed the boardwalk, and everyone started whining about how hot it was. And how they wanted to go back to our room. Jeff included. I was pretty disappointed in them. I also had to twist arms to get this picture, and I tried to sweeten the deal by telling them that everyone will see how much fun we had if I could only get some pictures of stuff. And then Jeff told me that the only people that take pictures on vacation are the people that are bored enough to take pictures. At that, I gave up, and we went back. I went for a walk by MYSELF, cause I was so ticked with my boring spouse and offspring. When I got back, I was really surprised to see the family laying on the beds, and watching Nickelodeon. We all went swimming for a while, and then we got some Kripsy Creme donuts. I pretty much thought that day was a bust, but the next was enjoyed by all.
We went and played the games and everyone was pretty great at winning stuff. Except me. I'm quite incapable when it comes to all that stuff. Everyone wanted a monkey. But I wanted one most. And then Jeff won one for me. And Syd took it. And then Cole won one. And he kept it, and Riley did the same. Unfair, right? I had to hold Syd while we took a time out to watch the African gymnasts. And that blissful smile I'm wearing? It was appreciation for their superb talent. And SO many muscles....
So that's a lot of pictures, but it doesn't mean I was bored. The kids had fun, Jeff didn't work AT ALL, and had fun, and I got a tan and had fun. It was a relaxing week. The only somewhat sad part for me was getting a dose of reality. As we were walking in Caesar's Palace, I saw this guy...and I'm pretty sure he was the product of the descriptions of so many of the sleazy books I read. However, in real life? It doesn't work for me...built, leather, (it was 107 degrees out, so that was kinda overkill), long hair, pretty face....and all I could think was: "Is he a stripper?" The thought of all the time that man spent on his hair...well, it wasn't just as sexy as I thought it would be. (And fyi? I was wearing cutoffs, dirty flip flops, and sweating like I'd been running a couple of miles...so I'm sure he was noticing me, as well. But I'm a happily married woman, so that was the end of the story).
Anyway, we're still new at this vacation thing. One of these days we will venture out of the Las Vegas area, and try to entertain ourselves in a different way. But until then, we love it. Not too far to drive, cheap, and a various amount of activities close to our living space. Maybe one of these days we'll be more adventurous...until then, Sin City seems to be the place for us.
Anyhoo, I'll post about the end of this month later. It's late, Dudes. I'm getting tired, and those of you that are working, I'm betting your lunch break is right around the corner. You're welllllcome!



8 comments:
We were totally in Vegas at the same time! And by in Vegas, I mean we were on I-15 passing Vegas. Sorry your family is lame. And Jeff is wrong! People taking pictures are the people who are thoughtful enough to make time for pictures! Your children will appreciate it one day. Boo to iCarly.
We were happy to help! Loved your house. Vegas is a great vacation...if you don't look at the sidewalks!!!
You all look great (LOVE Cole in his hat). The girls are crazy beautiful!
Wish you would come up and visit...maybe next family vacation!! :)
I did miss your posts! And I am glad you had a grand old time in Vegas, although I would have also been pouty about the fam wanting to stay in the hotel room. It is adventure time, people!
Happy baptism day Cole!!
Sorry we missed it to be honest i just felt to fat and at that point i couldn't fit into any church clothes. Poor excuse, i know.
Fun trip!! I'm thinking you didn't really fit in at Circus circus, last time we went it was super sketchy. Sometimes that just makes it more fun!
We did see a few of the spice girls in that casino though. True story. :)
Matthew complained every time I got the camera out in California! People think that Vegas isn't a fun place for kids but I disagree and so many free things to see! Congratulations Cole!
So glad you guys had such a great time (well, when you actually did venture outside the hotel room)!!! A vacation sounds amazing right about now. One of these days, a sisters' trip is GOING to happen! Love all the pics of my darling nieces and nephew (the ones with you and Jeff are pretty cool, I guess - said in a Napoleon voice). :-)
Hey there. Glad you had some(?) fun in Vegas. You're a trooper for taking the entire family, especially when you have to twist their arms to do anything fun. I certainly wouldn't be as forgiving as you. Also, I don't know if you've seen that Papa John's commerical with all the kids, but the parents bring home these delicious pizzas and the kids are all grossed out because they only want cheese or pepperoni. It pisses me off every time I see it!
Ha! Just realized that the pizza commercial comment must've seemed pretty random. It went along with my train of thought that maybe I'm just not cut out to be a mom. I don't think I could give up vacationing and food for my kids!
Post a Comment