Anyhoo, the Christmas season is now over, and that makes me a little sad. It always goes way too quickly and this year it was so warm. No snow. So I felt a little slighted. However, I got myself a brand new bicycle from Santa Clause, and it's fantastic, and I can't wait to ride it. Because I haven't yet. Because NOW it's started snowing. And I got sick. And stuff just seems to happen. But once it starts being nicer outside? I'm gonna be a biking fiend. For real.
It's been a little daunting to get back on the blog thing again. Am I getting back on? I don't know. I don't know if I'm giving up, or what. It just hasn't been as satisfying as it once was. This attitude could be because I'm sick, too. Whatever it is, I feel bad saying that I'm "back on the blog". Cause, maybe I'm not. I have a lot to say, but then I know that's a bit boring for everyone else. So we'll see. If I tell myself there are no expectations, than I may find posting on my blog more interesting.
Two days before Christmas, our neighbor had a heart attack, and died. His wife, and his two teenage sons, are picking up the pieces, but, I can't imagine what they deal with day in and day out. All that responsibility and during the time of year when I personally feel I need to be with my family, more than ever. It made me think about my life and the things I take for granted each day.
I decided that time with my kids, with Jeff, is most important. One of my goals for this year is to be more comfortable with my family time. I know it seems like our little family is selfish with our time together but I've thought about it, and I just feel like this is what's most important to me...so how could that be wrong? Regardless of how confusing it is to others that we enjoy each other's company so much, we just do. So I'm going to appreciate it--even take pride in it. Who knows how long it will last? Squeezing every last second seems like the most logical decision.
I feel like I need to tell my reader(s) that Sydney has started this year speaking in full sentences each day. In fact, I talked to her preschool teacher, and asked her how Syd is doing. She paused, and said," intellectually, she's doing really, really well. However, she needs a lot of help in listening to directions: staying in her seat, staying on the mat...that kind of thing. And she'll get there, but she needs practice".
Which I took to mean, "She's a smarty, but she's also a brat that thinks the world revolves around her, and she really won't do anything she doesn't want to". Which is essentially, what I gleaned from her, as her mother. So I couldn't be happier. Not only is my baby spot on, but I was totally right. :)
In all honesty, I am beyond thrilled. Sydney is a completely different child than she was a year ago, and I'm so grateful for her progress. It's a huge relief/blessing/anything immensely good.
I hope it's the same for all of you. That this year is/will be better than years past. At least for the most part. Later Dudes.


7 comments:
In my unprofessional unimportant opinion Sydney is a normal kid, she's potty trained for goodness sake. Maybe that's not a huge deal to anyone else, but I think it's amazing.
As for family time and blogs, I think you should keep blogging since we don't sees you very much. I'm really starting to understand staying home from events and just being a family. We are slowly doing that too.
YEAH it is good to have update from you, I here ya on the blog thing. I started cutting back as well and it felt good to say goodbye for a while and just focus on what matters most. (Which to me is my family)
The pictures of your kids and your family are FANTASTIC, and you guys all are so photogenic. Your kids look happy.
YEAH FOR THE BIKE! I am a big time biker,(by that I mean, I was and plan to be again this summer, since I am 1.not pregnant 2.not babysitting everyday like the past million summers of my life, and have too many kids to tag a long. I am pretty much banking my car wont pass emissions this year, so bike will be my go to. But instead of feeling sorry for myself, I am just going to take that as a yeah for opportunity to try a new way of life :)
So if you are ever wanting a partner, I have an extra bike trailer you could use for syd if you came biking with me. It would not look so cute next to that cute cute bike! I am loving it!
I tend to feel guilty for wanting to spend time alone with my family. Why is that? It's like we're expected to prioritize anything social, but I hate it. My very best days are those when I don't leave the house. Maybe that makes me pitiful, but it's how it is. I wish I could start owning it rather than feeling defective.
Yay for Syd and sentences!
You and Jeff have the same glasses! And you've been married for 13 years! And you are blogging again! And your family rocks! And I am glad that you all love spending time together! (!!!!) P.S. That looked like a Krispy Kreme sugar overload in some of those shots.
Love the pics and the bike! Definitely keep blogging for those of us who can't see you very often. (Man, I sound like a grandmother.) I would definitely blog more often if my life was exciting for if I had kids. So, for now I'll only continue to blog if I've knitted something fantastic or when I have some more graphic design projects to show off.
Selfishly, I want you to keep blogging. But I get that some things must come to an end. After all these years it's nice to be friends again, and get the tiniest of glimpses into your life. So glad you're happy with your life and WANT to spend as much time as possible with your family. It goes by so fast ;). Now I sound like a grandma.
Rain, I loved the pix, and that Syd is doing so well, and that you got a bike, and that you all love to be together. WHAT COULD BE BETTER?! Love you.
Post a Comment