Anyway, Jeff has a new phone. The iPhone 4s. Apparently, even though our contracts were purchased at the exact same time, he gets a new upgrade THREE months earlier than I do. Is that fair? No. No it's not. And sometimes I am just so jealous I can't stand it. On the other hand, I love, love, LOVE my iPhone. I would hate for anything to happen to it. But having a new and improved one is even better...so I anxiously await my upgrade. And I'll get it in April when everyone in our family is getting a year older and getting tons of presents...so I guess I won't feel too left out. Anyway, that's just what I've been coveting, lately.
In all honesty, I'm ecstatic. I'm thrilled that's all I have to occupy my small mind. It seems like this last year I've had this weight on my chest. This really depressing weight that had stuff to do with Sydney's development, personal changes, family issues...things that I really couldn't talk about, and things that were not helping my fight against personal mental insanity. But things have taken a turn for the better. And then better again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that life stays at this place for a while. In no way do I want to jinx it, but I feel like I need to acknowledge the way things have gotten continually better, in all areas. So there it is. Syd continues to surprise me everyday. Stuff I just assume is too difficult for her, she gets immediately. And she and I have actual conversations. It's kind of surreal. Especially when I think of last year at this time. How I just prayed she'd be able to say more than 50 words.
Jeff and I have been dating again. It's fantastic. We have a daughter old enough to babysit for her allowance, and extra expenses she might have here and there. And I know that she knows her way around, and I can trust her, and the kids feel comfortable with her. Also, if we are out longer than we thought, she's easily bribed with more money. Should she really have a problem with something, I know she'll tell me...but she's pretty flexible. I'd kind of forgotten what it was like. We went from last year having a total of FOUR dates, and this year we've already been on three. Believe me, it's a whole new world.
The kids are doing well. Riley is enjoying her friends and being a preteen. She's emotional, and it's weird to take it seriously, sometimes. But I remember what it was like to feel that way, so I try to be patient, and give the proper sympathy or advice. She's as always, my Riley. I trust her completely to do the right thing. And I know that's a lot of pressure on an 11 year old, but there it is. She's fantastic. And at the age where she's changing so quickly...losing her girlhood. And in a way, it makes me sad, but happy for her.
Cole is having a harder time. He has this hair that I love. And he likes it. He doesn't want to cut it. And certain classmates, and his teacher, and your basic old farts that don't realize it's a different time and generation, and why do they give a crap...think they need to voice their opinions--about his hair being too long. Seriously. These people think that he should be used to the comments, or realize that that's their right, because if he's going to have that hair, he needs to accept criticism. It makes me angry. Because it seems like they should have something in their lives better to worry/comment on. Anyway, I have decided to just start putting people in their place. You heard it here, first, folks. Nothing breaks my heart more than seeing my kiddos sad. So I've decided I'm just going to be that ball-busting mom that will take no crap from anyone. And that thought makes me happier. I want my boy to know he's wonderful. And what he decides about his hair, is his choice. I needed to vent about the hair thing, because lately I've just had enough of Cole questioning what he thinks he likes, but others think he shouldn't like. That's crap. And I'm tired of it. Other than that, he's liking school, he's still sensitive, but he's kind. And let me tell you: I think he's overly handsome. Soon the girls will be noticing him. And then he'll have a whole new set of problems.
See? A hunk. Anyway, it's time for bed. I need to get up early, do the morning carpool and then go to the gym. Which I know is another one of the reasons life has been so good--having a gym membership. I'm getting less and less timid about figuring out the weight machines. And I even completely fell over an elliptical trainer and got three gigantic bruises on my leg, and still felt like I needed to work my abs, (or lack thereof), instead of slinking out to my car, and home. For me? That's pretty big. Good big. Hope this week is great for all of you. Lates.



9 comments:
I am glad that your year has started out so great! I hope it stays that way. I think that is awesome, because it seems that 2012 hasn't been so kind to a lot of people. Glad Syd is doing great!
Good post.
I feel the same about our year's beginning. Well, not January. But February has been A+ in my book.
2012 has been so good that if it really is the last year of the world, I don't think I'd mind. Going out on top.
i've been thinking about you a lot this month, because i know how much you hate february. its half over though, so things will turn up soon.
I LOVE cole's hair. i think he is so stinkin handsome! seriously, the cutest kid ever!!
I'm glad syd and riley are doing good. Its probably good for all of you to start dating again. Riley is such an awesome girl. i'd trust her with my kids too. She is so good with Story at family functions. Story loves her.
I hope things continue to look up for you, here's to 14 more days of February!
I"m glad your year is going good and that you're enjoying each other with date nights. I need to get some of your motivation for the gym. I'm really good for a week and then I just give up. I also hate that other people comment on kid's styles - does it really matter to them.....they need to get a life!
Sucks for Cole. I feel him on that one, if you ever need someone to talk to him about that, I'm your man. I'm glad things are good for you guys right now. I'd like to see more of you guys.
poor Cole. UGH I am totally on your side, I hate people like that, and his hair is super cool. Cole is super handsome, and Riley and Syd are GORGEOUS!
Date? What is that? ha ha I hear ya, but we go to temple night so that kinda counts as a date for us.
What a bunch of retards! Cole's hair is the absolute best. Punch them in the face for me.
I don't know why it said I was anonymous.
I am so glad things are on the up and up. Your kids are awesome, and I am so glad that you are defending Cole. I cannot imagine anyone thinking it is okay to tell Cole that they don't like his hair. That is just unbelievable. I love it, personally. He is very hip. Much cooler than any of those judgmental idiots. I miss you and your lovely fam.
Post a Comment