Now for the downside...because there always is one. I'm reluctantly guessing that all of you remember the big to-do I made about my hair...and how I was going to have something done with it. I didn't exactly know what, but it was going to be fabulous, and make me the envy of Utah Valley. Guess what? Instead of instantaneous possible fame or traffic-stopping beauty, I got a mullet. Now, traffic-stopping, maybe. However, as far as solving my not-wanting-to-go-anywhere, or alleviating my "insecurities" dilemma; not so much. (A personal note: In addition to my new atrocious hair, my brother-in-law caught me at Walmart the next day in sweats...not that that's too unusual for me, but my sweats were bright orange, my shirt bright blue, and my flip-flops bright purple...Have I just given up? Don't I remember the rants I've had previously about Riley's choice of clothing? The answer is NO. It was a Tuesday afternoon, I was there just to get some quick fixes and had to run into him, and my entire church ward, and my neighbors. I just had to specify in case someone else saw me, and was too appalled and/or worried to say anything. I'm okay, I just got severely caught). The question of my sanity aside, lets get back to my hair. Here's how it was before:
I think that for me, it's the novelty of just having long hair. It's not like it actually looks good. I mean, I can make it that way, with my curling iron, or my flat iron...but it always involves a lot of ironing, and then a lot of time, and I'm just too lazy. It's hair, for goodness sakes. So, in a ponytail it goes, or a bun, or braids...and then it looks like something that took me two seconds, because it did. Also, as I get older, my hair has gotten this wispy effect, and unless I use a lot of product, which I hate, especially in summer, it just doesn't appear smooth anymore. So I am well aware that it's not the dream hair that every little girl desires--the Rapunzel locks that are magnificent and flowy. Anyway, about my haircut. I went to Walmart "Smartstyle", expecting a miracle. I don't know what's more ironic, going to walmart for a hairdo, or expecting a miracle, but that's what I did, so I'm admitting that mistake, right there. I also always try to "scout" for the person that I want to do my hair...namely, the person whose hair is passable to cute and therefore, still has some link as to what's stylish. I zoned in on a cute girl that looked right out of hair school, and waited for her to get done with the guy that was fruitlessly flirting with her. But no. Out comes an older, and I know how terrible this makes me sound, obviously pregnant woman, with a not very cute 'do, and this is my stylist. This shouldn't surprise me, because in the lot of my life, this is status quo.
So she begins to ask me what I want. I tell her to remove five inches, tiny, minuscule, to no layers, and I wanted to try having bangs...as every other time I've chickened out. Then she begins. I get lulled into a false sense of security as she takes small, even snippets from my hair. We converse. We groan about the burden of children, and work, and womanhood, and all that stuff that amazingly enough, women, complete strangers, can dish about for hours. Then she's ready to do my bangs. She asks what way I wear my part, and I tell her I don't really have a way, but I want my bangs to swoop this way, and I show her with my hands. She says she's got it, and starts to work. Her first chop is like....I am reminded of trying to cut my own hair as a kid. It's just this blunt snip of scissors, and then there is no hair where there once was. I panic, yet remain quiet, because


10 comments:
I think it is cute. I don't think it looks like a mullet. I always get scared when I cut or do something to my hair. My aunt does my hair though so if I don't like it I can at least be honest and she will fix it. Sometimes it just takes a few days to get use to something and then you love it. I am sure this is the case with your haircut.
I really like the bangs. I can't tell much about the rest. But ponytails and half up hair is great! And lets be honest, your carrying an Anderson baby, you start absorbing the nose cells from jeff, but then it gets transferred to your kids. actually, your kids have small noses, so maybe you're taking one for the team so they don't get it.
I really LOVE the bangs Rain!! You look smokin' hot!
What the heck are you talking about? Have you ever seen a mullet? That is not it. You look great.
2 opinions...1. your hair looks really cute 2. I like your hair that lighter colour. And why does your nose grow? You are an anomoly as far as I'm concerned, although I've never been pregnant and if I ever am, I do NOT need my nose to grow. Thank you for another pregnancy fact that works very well as birth control.
Just for your information, I didn't think any less of you because of the comfy clothes at Walmart.
If it wasn't for the fact I was coming straight from work, I would probably have been there in shorts that don't cover my garments and a hoodie. It's my usual Walmart getup. It helps me feel more like I fit in there.
Also, your hair looks mighty fine. Sorry I didn't mention it inbetween the cantalopes and nectarines.
I like it! bangs are daring, far more daring for me to ever do again. :) I really like them on you, and I bet your hair looks even better in person. I am a bit worried that your nose grows...especially after kory's comment about taking one for the team, and absorbing Jeff's cells... I don't know.
Good job I like it!
I love it! It looks like Charlese Theron in Aeon Flux!
I have been feeling sick off and on a little bit. Tonight however I have been leaning over the toilet thinking that I am going too but haven't. Don't you love that feeling? So I am sure it is beganning.
Post a Comment