skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My costume: Mercy Thompson from the book, Bones Crossed, by Patricia Briggs

I did it, ya'll. I wore my trampy costume to the Anderson Halloween party. I had to tell everyone who I was, and explain my choice, and feel quite awkward a few times, but I did it. In preparation, I actually googled "how to create cleavage", and was enlightened...and overwhelmed. I now know why people just pay the eight grand here (or more), and get a fake pair. Because after the shaving, and taping, and make-up, it's just not worth it. Anyway, because my husband loves me, he made the picture that he took of me look like the cover of the book I was trying to copy. I think he did an excellent job, if I do say so, myself. (And if I may say...despite having a plethora of boyfriends, I don't think I could have scored better than my Jeffrey. It's not often that the man you love will spend a couple hours making you look super good just for funsies, and the fact that it will make me feel like I have so much in common with a personal hero). True, the "real" Mercy's tummy is way more svelte, and she has magnificent arms...but, I comfort myself by remembering that she's a shapeshifter/mechanic that has never given birth. Not that I ever looked like that, but if she were to have a litter or something? Her arms and stomach wouldn't be nearly as fabulous.
In addition to Jeff and the kids and I being way late, the Halloween party got rained out, and had to be continued inside my In-law's home. So I didn't have enough time or room to take pictures of all the family members and their clever costumes. But, to see extra pictures of our family and many of the Anderson clan, you can all go here. Kelli is always the organizer/thrower of our Halloween extravaganzas, and she did such an excellent job of posting everyones' costumes and families and stuff, that I thought instead of stealing all her pictures and such, I'd just direct you all to sneak a peak at her work.
I bought Sydney's costume last year at the after-Halloween sales. I will kindly remind you that I was massively pregnant at the time. I remember thinking back then that even though I was buying a costume for an 18 month old, if the kid proved to be status-quo, she'd fit into it quite well at 10 months. I was right. As usual.
Jeff was Dexter. When Dexter is re-creating a crime scene and the blood splatters. He did really well with his costume, I thought. I'd bought something not as cool for Jeff to wear, but he took the initiative himself and went to actually look for something better. He also found it.
Jeff and I made Riley and Cole's costumes. Riley wanted to be a pirate and Cole wanted to be a devil. It was mainly because Riley found a cool sword and Cole found a pitchfork he really liked. No one can say my kids don't know how to accessorize. Anyway, we have a busy weekend ahead of us. On Thursday we have the kids' school Halloween parade and Carnival, and then Friday we have Jeff's work Halloween party and then Saturday we do the actual trick-o-treating and visiting of friends and family. I'm already tired thinking about it, but I'm taking one for the team. So, it's late, and I gotta sleep. Toodles.
13 comments:
Rainey you look hot! Are you sure you got stretch marks? Cause I don't see a single one. I am such a party pooper about dressing up and I am horrible about it.
Yes! That picture rocks. Nice one Jeff. And excuse me, did you not give birth to 3 children? Because looking at those pics, you have a seriously flat stomach! You are making a lot of females jealous now.
Brilliant costumes, but I can't tell what Sydney was?
you look fantastic, in picture and person!! my costume is awesome, because it completely hides my lumpish figure. :0)
Way to rock the bare midriff (in a good way), Rain! If you were a Curb Your Enthusiasm enthusiast, you would have seen Sunday night's episode with the assitant and her bare midriff--but it wasn't "good" bare midriff; it was very, very bad bare midriff--the kind I would have. Pretty stinkin' hilarious. Anyway, I'm proud of you, and you look awesome. :) Love ya.
I think you look great! And jeff did a great job on copying the book! I gotta give you guys props this year you guys went all out. we took the easy way out this year for sure and it showed.
You are crazy hot. And your costume was crazy great. Thanks for coming!
I'm gonna assume (and hope) that that last comment came from kelli at her work computer :)
I was worried about the child abuse prevention thingy too. Could showing your midriff at a Halloween party get your kids taken away from you? I've heard of crazier things. However in this case the midriff was superb (does that sound weird coming from a girl?).
Like Moriah said, I am one of those jealous females.
Jeff's costume was pretty cool too. However, I think we could all agree that it would have been nice to see him in something that showed off his new figure... oh well.
Now that I've sexually harassed your entire family, I will end by saying that I am impressed by all of your costumes. I suck at them. Even as a kid I sucked. I think I was strawberry shortcake like 4 years in a row.
You didn't have to tell EVERYone who you were, Rainey. I knew from the second I saw.
You were dead on.
Does that picture make you feel so totally cool or what? It was great.
It's definately a "hot" shot! I love it. You guys always have great costumes. Hope you all had a fun time!
Sharon
When I first logged on I thought you were in the first photo - then I saw the second and there's not a whole lot of difference - you looked hot!!! Good job! I also loved Jeff's costume :)
Nice! You looked good. Better than the real thing in my opinion.
Post a Comment