Hey all. I'm not too sure what I'm posting about. But I've got some free time, I'm not dead tired, and I've already folded all my laundry...so, I decided to type. In recent news, Cole lost his front tooth a few days ago. FINALLY. That thing has been hanging on for the last two months, and had started to turn a weird color and such.


He's very proud of himself. And of COURSE it had to happen right before school pictures. (Re-takes, actually. We missed the first pictures when we were in Colorado last month). This is what I looked like from 3rd to the 6th grade. Let's hope that Cole doesn't sport the look as long as I had to. He's a pretty adorable kid, though, so hopefully he won't have as hard of a time as I did.
As you saw from a couple posts ago, Syd is walking. She's now an unstoppable force. Her favorite item lately is a nunchuck from the Wii. She picks it up in one hand and the cord in the other, and somehow manages not to trip while her little thumb manuvers the knob on the chuck and she makes her way throughout the downstairs. She's a genius, but I've told you that already.


Riley is kicking butt and taking names. She's still overly smart and sweet and her little sister and brother think she's the best person in the world. To my ultimate delight, She's begun to be style savvy and tell me about things that I had absolutely no clue she was interested in. We've made a few trips to the store for some "school essentials", and she's really been into accessorizing and such. She's started to grow up and have opinions, and ask questions, and think like a pre-teen, rather than a little girl. In a way, this makes me happy because it's been fun to see what kind of free-thinking person she's turning into. In another way, I get kind of sad about it, because she's my first baby...and she's growing up. I know I always say that, but this last year it's been different. I watch her with her friends, and am amazed at the type of kid she is...she's very thoughtful of others and their feelings, even if they don't return that favor. She and Cole both are so kind...and that's really one of the most important things to me. I think it would break my heart to see them being mean to someone. I hope and pray that this is a staple they hold onto.
Jeff has lost 25lbs. In a month and a half. Seriously. I love my husband, and I'm proud of him, and I'm happy that he's met his physical goals and such. Because I also know that he's worked hard. But I'm also a bit pissed that he's accomplished this so quickly and will tell anyone and everyone that not one bit of this situation is fair in any way. Short of cutting off one of my legs, there's no way I could lose 25lbs in a month and a half. And that's if I starved myself, to boot. I don't have any recent pics of him...I need to remedy that. If it were me that lost 25lbs, I'd have like, no less than a bajillion photos. This weekend will be our annual Anderson Halloween Party. So rest assured you'll get to see why I'm complaining about my husband's choice to get healthy and look great. Leaving me behind. Whatever.
As for me...I'm doing okay. There's a lot of things that I'm not ready to do just yet, not ready to talk about yet, people I'm not ready to see...but other than that, things are on the up and up. I've decided that jogging isn't that bad. Not that it's pretty when I do it, but, I can't think about anymore than two things when I jog, so that's a nice break from the usual crap bouncing around in my mind. I'm excited about the Halloween party...and my costume. It's a bit trashy, but I think that's why I've bonded with it so. Also, no one will know who I am, so I'll have to bring my copy of the book with my character on it to assure that my costume isn't just a reason to show a lot of cleavage. Even though that's a big plus. I'll be showing my stomach, too...the stomach that has been an incubator for three kids. That's not a plus for anyone. But I'm nothing if I'm not comitted, right? And, after tons of mental motivation, I can't be as awkward as last year. (Big thanks to Amy for documenting those photos on Facebook where everyone and their dog can witness my ginormity). ;)
In other news, a new show to rave about. Sons Of Anarchy. About bikers and the politics within their ranks. I'd been wanting to watch it because Buffalo, the town I grew up in, was a central crossroads stop for most of the bikers that went to Sturgis, SD each year. (HUGE Motercycle rally/week of full-out crazy partying). I was always a bit fascinated by the element, especially when once I saw a lady on a bike that was wearing leather pasties and chaps, like it was normal. I wondered what kind of life that must be. Anyway, who knows how accurate Sons of Anarchy is? But it's good stuff. Jeff had read less than stellar reviews of it. Then Kyle, my brother-in-law, lent us the first season, and because he approved, Jeff decided to give it a try. (Jeff will say that that's not an accurate description of how it all went down, but it's my story. And that's how I say it went).
Can I just tell you how much I love it? How much I looked forward to watching a couple espisodes each night, and would think about it each day? Sooo good. But we finished it way too quickly. Jeff and I just watched the first episode of season 2 and it's had me thinking all night--made mopping the kitchen WAY more enjoyable. So check it out if you get the chance. And ladies, you'll thank me. You'll see why. His name is Jax.
Alright. It's almost 3:00am...and I'm tired. And I've gotta take the kids to school in the morning and be nice. All those stipulations can't be met if I stay up any longer. Later gators.


11 comments:
3am??? You are crazy. But your kids are truly amazing. I am so sad that I have not been able to be a part of their lives and see them grow and evolve. I know you and Jeff are doing a brilliant job. And JEFF!! What the? Lost 25 lbs? Did he need to lose that, because last I knew, he most certainly did not. I need to tell Jason about this, because I think he needs to lose about that (maybe more). Guys are lucky. Seriously, a few days of healthier eating and you can tell he trims down. One last thing on this long message...cannot wait for your halloween costume! Flaunt it, I say.
i am sorry. i thought you were stunning pregnant...
I can't wait for your holoween costume too. There is no way in hell I would ever show my stomach and I've only had one kid. Plus, I'm pissed at your husband! I NEED to lose 25 lbs. Tor has lost 15 since I had Lars and I have lost zilch. It totally blows. I hate men and their metabolisms. Your kids are awesome and you're a good mom. I too hope Lars is never mean to people like I was. I hope to grow him to friend the less than cool kids. Okay I'm done with my rant, and my cussing. I hope I didn't offend you. But I am really angry with Jeff. It's just not fair.
That's embarrassing. I spelled Halloween wrong.
Moriah, 3am is like, the pinnacle time to get house work done. It looks nice for longer than a half an hour, and I get the finished product all to myself--no one crying or complaining.
Amy, STUNNING? Well, in that case, all is forgiven. :)
Leah, I'm pretty excited about my costume. And, I'm happy that you're angry with Jeff as well. (And Moriah). It's just disgusting how hard it is for women, and then most guys seem to decide to "lose a little", and it's like, easy for them. And don't sweat misspelling Halloween. Do you know how many times I re-read my posts before putting them up? And yet, I still miss something elementary. By then I'm too embarrassed to go back and correct it. Such is life.
Oh, and yes Jeff did need to lose that weight! He was starting to look like a giant pear with legs!
Uh...that last comment was NOT ME!! Jeff sabotaged my blog, as he sometimes does. Turd. Face.
Good job jeff! I never noticed any extra weight to be honest. But you're looking mighty good none-the-less.
I've lost 35 lbs since around March. I'm slowly and steadily hovering my way down to my optimal weight. It's hard work. I'm amazed that Jeff did it so quick.
Also, I love it when blogs mention me by name. Especially one with such a wide audience as yours. What with the regular Cuban readership you have... quite pleasing.
I am stuck in a weight loss mode. I excercise so much but I need to eat a little better. So I am really jealous of Jeff. Plus no matter how much weight I loose I will still have the stretch marks that I got while pregnant with Blair. Oh and don't forget the pregnancy pooch. Yeah that too. Can't wait to see the costume. Also did Riley actually dye her hair or just put spray stuff in it?
Did you hear that everybody? 35lbs! Everybody divert your anger towards Kyle.
Response: I have not diverted my anger, but doubled it and now both Kyle and Jeff are on my poop list. Good thing neither of you probably care.
Brandi-- Amen about the stretch marks and the pooch. I have a butt in front. Gross.
Rain-- How did you get such a large Cuban readership? Can any of them smuggle me some cigars and rum for the holidays? Since I'm fat I may need the fortification for the holidays.
Post a Comment