Last week was a tough one. I don't exactly know why, but it just was. Sometimes I'm just down regardless of what's going on...regardless of how great life is, and regardless how much I SHOULDN'T have to worry or think about stuff that is beyond my control. This week, is better. I'm getting myself back on track, if you will.
I stopped jogging while I was sick. Now, two miles isn't a lot...but for me, it's more than enough. I'm not interested in going longer, or being some type of runner...but, I just want to be able to breathe, and jog for longer than two blocks. My big fear, I think was that everything I'd worked so hard for would be gone. But luckily, I did it, and it didn't kill me, like I honestly thought it would. So, I'm trying to get more used to the three mile mark, as I have a 5k on Saturday morning. This coming Saturday morning. I really don't know why I'm doing it, but it's a ward sponsored thing, so I'll try it, I guess. If anything I'll probably walk the entire thing with my friends that I walked with, BEFORE they got lives and left me behind. We have a lot to catch up on. Anyway, all that information was a big segway to my saying that I know starting up the jogging thing again has helped my overall mood and such. It's amazing what having an entire 30 minutes to myself does for me.
Sydney has been sick lately. I'm thinking she's getting better now, but it was kinda rough for a while. Unable to breathe, sleep, or eat because of excess boogers, made Sydney more bratty than usual. And that was less than fun. It's a good thing that she's so sweet...that simple fact has saved her so many times. :)
(That's me surprised by my discovery. An actual un-posed for pic that Cole took of me. I thought I it was funny). K. Enough of all that. I'm sounding like that person that I blogstalk that makes me mad EVERY time I read her posts. Because she's overly self-absorbed and self-congratulatory.
Muff and I are doing the For Every Body rush this Friday. I'm quite stoked. Tons of delicious smelling candles, and cutesy decorations for way cheap. And then she's taking me out for my birthday dinner...because we're doing it early instead of late this year. And because she's freaking awesome. (Thanks Muff!)
Today Cole told me that his substitute teacher said she was going to call me. Because he doesn't have enough food in his lunch at school. This really bummed me out, because this is something I fight with Cole about, every day. He's like Jeff, in that he doesn't like to eat outside of the house. In fact, he always threw stuff away or would bring 90% of his lunch home, telling me that he wanted to "throw up" as he was eating something. So I started telling him to pack stuff that sounds good to him, and I still have to make him take something other than a sucker and a cupcake. And I worry about Cole. He's skin and bones. I try not to bring that fact to his attention, but I don't know what to do. I NEVER had a problem with eating too little, or not wanting to eat. So I really don't know how to approach this. Jeff says there's really nothing I can do, that he is the same way. But I don't like that teachers are thinking I'm trying to starve my son. Because I buy stuff all the time that both Riley and Cole SWEAR they'll eat in their lunches (and they take 'home lunch' because both of them say the smell of school lunch makes them want to barf), and then they "don't have time" to finish their lunch, or they don't want to take a lot of lunch, because they don't want to miss their recess. And both Riley and Cole eat breakfast, and they eat snacks when they get home, and then dinner. But the substitute teachers don't see that. Anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want my children taken away from me.
Anyway, life is still life. It keeps going. I've got a lot to be thankful for, and this month has been showing me so many examples. Hope all of you are having similar experiences...in the Thankful department, I mean. :)
Read minolta x 570 manual PDF Ebook online PDF
-
*Pdf Download minolta x 570 manual Epub PDF*
Download minolta x 570 manual Doc Gutenberg
Studу Frее Bооkѕ Onlіnе аnd еvеn Dоwnlоаd еBооkѕ fоr Nо соѕt...
5 years ago


9 comments:
How can that sweet little angelic face ever be grumpy or bratty?? I think not! She is seriously way cute.
As for Cole, I certainly cannot imagine not wanting to eat, but he does. Every kid is different, and those teachers can f off if you ask me. He doesn't need a complex about it.
One more thing I would not have known except that I have a friend who is was an English teacher who is constantly correcting me (don't you love that? I actually do, and if you don't, well, too bad because here I go...). Segway is spelled segue. Boggles the mind, right?
I think just having sick kids is tiring and makes you depressed. Your stuck in the house worrying about them. Esepcially the littlest ones because they can't tell you. I don't know what to say about Cole but if the teacher does call you just say exactly what you said here. It is obvious that Cole isn't starving. He may be skinny but he doesn't look unhealthy. I am surprised she even noticed what was in his lunch.
holy crap on the 2 miles. seriously, when i was doing the tredmill, .5 miles i felt so good, anymore than that and i was dead the rest of the night. you are so amazing. i wish i could do that. i really need to start exercising. i can feel my ass getting bigger every day.
story has been super boogary lately too, she wont eat very well and can't breathe. i feel so bad when babies are sick. its the worst. We've been loading her up on motrin to help her feel better.
i was the same way cole was too, must be an anderson thing. Although, i would always throw away what i wouldn't eat, so my mom wouldn't find out. what about pb and honey sandwhiches? those have lots of fat in them...
Moriah, good to know on segue. I was pretty convinced the other wasn't right...and my spellcheck didn't help me any, so I went with it. Not too surprisingly, I was wrong. But I DO enjoy knowing what's right. And Syd? She can be a total brat. It's the cutest ones that always are. As for Cole...this is the SECOND time someone has called me out on his lunch. The first was when Dad was dying and there were like, three days when Riley and Cole didn't have me there to check what they packed. Apparently, he only had taken a couple of Cakesters...which are like puffy oreos, a sucker, and a package of Starburst. His teacher was nice about it...she just wanted to know if I knew. And I told her that I had been MIA that entire week, and she was more than agreeable. She was way nice about it, and I did like the fact that she actually cared. However, on the other hand? I stress about him eating enough as it is, and now I'm even more afraid that it looks like I'm starving him.
Brandi, I think you're right about sick kids. I know you're going through that right now, and there's just something about it. You walk around in this worried, sleep-deprived haze and it sure contributes to any "low" feelings you may be having.
Kass: The hardest part about doing anything considered as exercise is just doing it. That's always my problem. The after-effect, and while I'm doing it, always feel great, and I wonder why it's so hard to do. But it just is...everytime.
And as for honey and peanut butter sandwiches? I've tried it. Because that was something I always liked, a little too much in fact, and I NEVER looked like I was starving. However, Cole refuses to take sandwiches. The bread gets "smooshy", and it makes him want to throw up. Neither Riley or Cole will take them. I try to send a lot of fruits and nuts and then a snack. But then they get sick of those, and ask me if they can just bring this, or that, and then it turns out that they have a couple of different junk foods. Both of them are terrible, terrible children. Why can't they just love to eat, like me?
Something someone told me that makes me feel better: Kids don't starve to death in the U.S. He'll eat when he's hungry. He's skinny cause he's a boy and they suck like that. I say just keep putting stuff in front of him and eventually one day that teenage boy metabolism will kick in and you'll wish for the day he didn't eat you out of house and home.
And I totally agree with Moriah. The teachers can F off. Seriously, first the gone too much thing and now this. If they didn't all turn out so weird I'd seriously consider home schooling. I might anyway.
Lars is sick too. It's killing me. Literally. Three night with no sleep. I think if none of us sleep tonight I will just smother myself with a pillow and let Tor pick up the pieces. I'm beginning to become that selfish.
Nicolas will not eat either. He pretty much lives off of candy. Its so frustrating to me when I have to watch him and he is up and down all day long on sugar highs. I have tried everything. Some days he'll take PB and Honey and scarf it down, I am guessing those days he is really starving and that is his meal for the week.
I have been doing a lot of reading in parent magazines about this area, as it stresses me out to no end. (And I am only with him one meal a day! I can't imagine having this battle 3 times a day) But all the articles suggestions really seem like too much work, especially if they turn around and tell you the cute turkey you made out of a turkey sandwich makes them want to Barf. Or that they don't like anything (That is Nicolas' excuse for EVERYTHING) I am sure one day these boys will grow out of it. But I feel for ya for sure. Sorry I am not much help. (PS.I just threw away a perfectly good PB and honey sandwich with a single bite taken out of it that was all crusty from sitting on the table all day)
My suggestion was to pack his lunch box full so that anyone nosey enough to look can see he has enough food, then he can just bring that same lunch to school everyday to keep up appearances. That's what I do when I go to work. That way if anyone asks if I want to go to lunch with them I can say I already have a lunch.
I was so going to suggest what Jeff suggested. I'll vouch for you when DCFS takes your kids. I've totally got connections :) And as for boogers, no one can compare to my mucus this week. It is so much it literally made me vomit this morning. I am so sick of being sick. And I don't have vacation hours to spare, so sorry to all my clients that I'm passing it on to!!
I can't believe that blanket is still around! Mine caught on fire when I tried to use it for a lampshade. Jeff having a lunch to get out of awkward lunch invites is a fantastic idea!
Post a Comment