So, you all heard my whiny complaints about living in a home where everything is torn up and in chaos. So I thought I'd take you through the process. This was the initial reason for getting tile in the first place. See that? I did it about a year after we bought our home. It was the result of me cooking...I picked up a pan, it was hot, and I dropped it on the floor. Thus, melting a huge ugly skidmark on the cheapest linoleum on the market, I'm sure. Riley used to actually lift the numerous mats I'd put in front of the oven...showing people what "mom did to our new house". Yeah. It was adorable, and really encouraged my love of cooking.
Anyhoo, we lived with it forever, and when we decided to put our house up for sale, my mom was helping me do some cleaning, and saw it. She asked me if I turned it into our home owner's insurance, I said no, and from there, checked out the possibility of getting it taken care of, and it worked. So, big thanks to my mom...cause I wouldn't have thought of doing that.
After we got the go-ahead, Jeff and I enlisted Jeff's brother, Kurt to help us redo our kitchen floor. And then my father-in-law gave us some left-over tile and we decided to do our bathrooms, too. So, big thanks to Bob, cause we wouldn't have been able to do the bathrooms without it. (It's really awesome to have people close by that hook us up so well).
Before we started the floor, I had been wanting to change our door. When we moved in, it was green. And we liked it. However, a couple years ago, Jeff and I put a fence up, and it's red. I thought having a red door would look better, rather than having the perpetual, "Christmas" house. So Jeff went and bought some paint, and I made him paint the door while I went around the jam, because the paint had been peeling and it looked quite trashy.
However, the color Jeff bought at first was HORRENDOUS. It looked like old lady toenail polish. Even the insurance guy that came to give us an estimate on our floor asked me if we had just spray painted it. This picture doesn't show its audacity. But here it goes.
Thankfully Jeff found a better red--one that matches our fence. And one that wasn't so shiny and orange-y. I'm happy to announce that that huge nightmare worked out for the best.
Apparently I'm kind of hard on our home. Completely unintentional, I assure you. While Jeff was working hard at painting the door that hideous red, I was trying to sand the door jam, and I leaned on the smaller door that was supposedly keeping the rain and snow out. Which was a big mistake, because it fell completely inward, and hit the banister to our stairs.
I cried. This is why I hate doing any sort of anything-because no matter what I do, I always end up making stuff worse. And once again, Jeff saved me with some wood putty and paint.
Fyi: After the wood putty dried, and we painted it white, you can't tell there was any damage there. I lost the pic, and am too lazy to go take another, so just imagine it looking great. Cause that's how it looks. The next week was time to start on the floor. Kurt, Jeff's brother came over and showed him the ropes. After a few lessons from Kurt, Jeff took the reigns and like everything else he does, did it expertly. It's now finished and I do have to say I love it. Here's the kitchen/half bath/entryway:
And then we used the free tile from Bob for Jeff and my bathroom, and the kid's bathroom. I think they turned out quite incredible as well.
So I have more to say, but I am hating Blogger lately. And everything I just did? It totally deleted and that makes me so mad I want to throw my computer toward our television. So I'll add more tomorrow. Happy Monday.
Read minolta x 570 manual PDF Ebook online PDF
-
*Pdf Download minolta x 570 manual Epub PDF*
Download minolta x 570 manual Doc Gutenberg
Studу Frее Bооkѕ Onlіnе аnd еvеn Dоwnlоаd еBооkѕ fоr Nо соѕt...
5 years ago


10 comments:
I LOVED your new tile! Your house looks AWESOME! I hope that someone gives you the price you want for your house. Good luck!
everything you have done looks so good!! when we brought syd that quilt i noticed your door color was great!! i also loved the tile that i saw. you guys have done a great job!!
Your house looks really good! Blogger won't me upload photos, so I haven't posted anything new lately. Poo on blogger!
wow! it looks all so awesome! and I totally did the same thing to our floor the week we brought home Axel from the hospital! maybe we'll look into that as well.
Your tile looks even better than I've been picturing it!
That tile looks fantastic! I bet it feels great!
The house looks great - nice job!!!
Holy cow the new tile looks awesome!!Good work!
I love before and after pics it looks great!
I love the new tile. And I am a picky bitch when it comes to decor.
Post a Comment