Monday, April 26, 2010

By the way...

I think things are progressing.  I don't know--my realtor is still out of town, and things aren't exactly clear.  Our loan processor has questions we can't answer and I'm too afraid to ask our realtor when she's going to be back, as the nature of her trip is personal and kinda sad...so, here I am:  Wanting to get the appropriate information for the appropriate enquirers, but not wanting to step on any toes, or seem like an uncaring wench.  So I remain in a state of confusion and angst.  Ugh.  
In the meantime, I do have something that keeps me really quite busy.  I don't have as much time to be frustrated and think about unpleasant possibilities.  And before you assume, this isn't a form of my abusive nature, she chose to do these things, herself.  Syd seems to think that if it's small, and if it's open, it's hers.  And even if she gets stuck, scraped, or bumped, it's my fault.  And how DARE I have allowed it to happen. 

(That's her "screaming in indignation" face, btw).  Jeff and I have been showing our home like, twice a week.  I'm really hoping that after April is over things will slow WAY down, because I'm done being so much meaner than usual.  I can't help it...I clean and clean and clean...only to have someone possibly show, and depending on how clean it is seems to have a direct link to how long they stay.  A negative link, because it seems like after I take the time to vacuum and dust, and make sure that all Syd's toys aren't just off the floor, but out of sight, the people looking at our house stay for little more than four seconds.  It's the visits when I've had two seconds notice and there is still paper on the floor from Riley and Cole's newfound origami obsession, and a smell of recent poopy diaper in the air, that's when they decide to hang out for a half hour.  I still haven't figured the system out. 
Anyway, that's all for now.  I think we are on the up and up...but as I said before, I don't know for sure...and there isn't a "for sure" way to find out right now.  Meanwhile, I've been missing bookclub and any weekend activities that may or may not be fun, but don't allow me to be here at anyone's beck and call to judge my home.  As exciting as that sounds, I'm burned out.  Big time.  
In unrelated news, the kids are almost out of school, and I'm VERY stoked about this.  Also, fyi, it's time for Jeff's work's annual Lagoon Day. (It's on Memorial Day, btw).  And remember what I said last year about getting someone to come along for ten bucks and they can have a fun-filled day at Lagoon, and occasionally let Jeff and I actually ride together?  (Yes, watching my three children occasionally is a requirement).  If you're interested, let me know.  If not, no worries.  Just thought I'd bring it up.  

Have a fantabulous week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things WILL happen with your dream home! I just know it! And everything goes the way I say it will because I say it will. So there, now you don't have to wonder anymore if things will work out or not. They just will. :)

-Muffy

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Good luck! I am sure everything will work out. I hated that process so much. It was so stressful. Yet, I am sure it is WAY more stressful for you because you have a house to sell. That is why I told Dan I am never moving again. I am here to stay :) I want to see pics of the house you love so much.

KaSs MiLeS said...

she might be a handful, but she sure is cute!!

Amy said...

I am so sorry you are burned out! I know that feeling all to well. Hope things slow for you guys soon in the best possible way.

My word verification is MATING...

Sarah said...

Oh I remember those days well - selling a house is just the worst! In fact if we ever sell this house, I'm seriously considering never buying one again - too much money and hassle!

Sarah and Mike said...

I love the pictures of Syd in small places and look for a play by ply of Lagoon:) I remember your last trip and it was hilarious! I've never had to keep a house ready for showing-but as I have a hard time keeping things looking perfect for long periods of time (does having a tow year old have anything to do with that?) I would hate that part. Hopefully it is over soon!