Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ahem. I've an announcement.



Hello to you all once again. I'm pretty proud of myself for so diligently keeping up with this blog stuff. With all the driving back and forth to school, running kids to various classes, and multiple trips to fast food places, I'm amazed I can squeeze it all in. I'm assuming that because of this, a few things that I say might just fall through the cracks, as it's all been heard before. This is fine to me. Some things that I say are regretted ten minutes after I've written them...and I have a personal policy that rather than take it all back, I will just apologize later. This is a place where I feel I can say what I'm thinking when I think it. I'm not a perfect person, and I've made this fact quite obvious. However, I do believe that I am a real person...and realistically, I say and do and think things that are quite ignorant. Unfortunately, the person that bears the brunt of this, turns out too often to be Jeff. There are parts of him that I should understand better than I do. And maybe it's not that I don't understand, it's just that sometimes I am so concerned with myself, that his thoughts and feelings kind of get pushed aside. Anyway, this was just a little dedication to him, as I don't want to explain to everyone the ways in which I'm a clueless jerk sometimes. Suffice it to say, it happens to be true, and it happens more than I'd like to admit.
Also, this picture may get me into trouble, as Jeff has a thing about me posting photos of him when he hasn't done his hair. But as you all can see, it's just plain adorable. So I just have to post it and, in doing my usual, will apologize later.
That being said, I feel like now I have weeded out those that are reading right now for the overly interesting information. So I'll get down to my announcement. For a couple weeks Jeff and I have known that we are expecting baby number 3. Yeah.
We are surprised. This happened right as we were talking about Jeff getting a vasectomy and leaving this possibility behind. So, naturally, it's been a source of stress. We are starting completely over. I will continue to get fatter each day and my gag reflex is becoming more and more unstable. Also, this means my posts will be more cliche' than usual. (Sorry Moriah).
On the other hand, though, we're excited. I find myself really thinking about all the things that I know are in store, and being okay with it. More than okay really, looking forward to this new baby. The usual uncertainties are definitely there, but I really thought this news would be along the lines of devastating. And here were are, laughing, remembering, and anticipating. I'm not one of those women that have to wait until the "bump" is there to let others in on the secret. Because truthfully, my entire pregnancies, until about month 7 are titled with the question: "Did she just gain a lot of weight? Or could it be she's pregnant?" And heaven help the person that asks me...because it has and it will happen.
So, there you are. Jeff is right, I cannot be a private person. I have completely lost that ability. But it's not something I can honestly hide, and so I feel like the sooner you know why I've become more angry, cynical, crazy, and emotional, the better.

8 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Congratulations! I think that is great. Your kids are going to be great little helpers.

KaSs MiLeS said...

YAY HOORAY! WE CAN BE PREGNANT TOGETHER! I'm so excited!! Have you picked out any names that you're willing to share?

Moriah said...

Holy shit! YAY!!! I can't wait. And darling...you are certainly not one of the lame people I was referring to (I'll e-mail you their stupid blog sites later). You can give me every inane detail and I will gobble it up. I am sooooooo excited! How far along are you? WHOOO HOOOOOOOOO! Guess you'd better cut back on all that partying soon. MUST HEAR MORE DETAILS SOON. BTW...I knew you were pregnant. I figured it out a few days ago.

Amy said...

Like I've said, there's been one missing from your family. I was really relieved when I found out. I'm excited for you guys!
-Kory

Moriah said...

Oh yeah...and I like Jeff's messy hair, so tell him to get over it.

Nately said...

I can't even wait! I'm so excited!!! I am glad that you're the one having the baby too so that it will take some focus off everyone think Chris and I should be "the next ones in line!" Ha,ha. :) By the way... you have the cutest babies and I can't wait to squish the new one's cheeks! Please don't call social services anyone!

Amy said...

YAY for BABY number 3! I am so excited for you guys! A little jealous, ok a lot jealous, but so happy at the same time, because now our kids wont be too far apart in age, because sooner than later we too will be expecting and one year is ALOT better then 4...

WeTheTeeples said...

WooHoo! I am so excited for you guys. that will be fun for you to have another little one. So when exactlly are you due?
I hope everything goes well!