Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Love!

This is kind of a prelude to our family's day to day. Jeff and I will want one moment of alone time, and somehow, one of our kids is always there. As this picture was taken by Jeff, Cole managed to sneak himself and Noony in at the last moment. Long past are the days it was just Jeff and I....some days that hits home a lot stronger than others.
So, today is (or later tonight), Jeff's 31st. Unfortunately, all of his birthday gifts will be late...as I did a rotten job of ordering them online. This is the crappy thing about birthdays. You plan, and you plan. And then something happens that will totally ruin it, (like a back-order), and you are left looking like a serious chump. Left looking like your significant other isn't really that significant. So, this is an apology to my wonderful husband. I hope that your birthday is great, and I hope that you don't get the birthday blues, like we are both prone to do. For some reason when it's the actual birthday, it seems like there's this big anti-climax. Especially on a Sunday. Especially when I have a pluto-sized cold sore on my lip. Anyway, I just want Jeff to know what a valuable thing his birthday is to me. You're my best friend, and the greatest father, and still the sexiest man I know. I love you sooo much.

4 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Just so you know I think you still look awesome even with the herpes virus.

Amy said...

I too understand the pain of online ordering. I have given Kory countless rain checks on his birthday and Christmas, in fact he just barely got one of his Christmas gifts about two weeks ago because it was "back ordered". But think of it this way it wont get overshadowed by all the other gifts? Anyway tell Jeff Happy Birthday! Let us know if you need a sitter so you can go out....

Moriah said...

What a cute couple! What are you two going to do?

KaSs MiLeS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!