Thursday, September 4, 2008

Stuff I've been thinking about.

Okay, so I'm not a really deep person by any means. But a few things have been crossing my mind, lately. I'm thinking that they are completely useless to you, the reader, but as a blog addict, I would rather read about a lot of useless stuff, than nothing at all. So, here it goes:

1. When I am having a food craving,I MUST eat that particular food. No matter what. Otherwise I will sit and obsess and nothing will taste good or satisfy me, until I've eaten what I've been craving. (This never happens unless I'm pregnant...it's something Jeff never believes, until I show him how serious I am by throwing the ultimate fit).

2. The cooler the weather gets, the happier I become. These past few days have been pure bliss...and I have never been so ready for summer to be over. I've actually gone outside, and enjoyed it for the first time since April.

3. My children are smart and funny. They are content to be themselves, and are fully OK with who they are. This makes me beyond happy, as it's taken me up till now to be kind of okay with who I am.

4. It is mostly due to Jeff that my kids and I are as well adjusted and content with ourselves as we are. He's encouraged us to try and do whatever we like, and are interested in. I am easily affected by other's judgements, and criticisms, but Jeff isn't at all, and he's always there to encourage our creativity and differences; what's best for us as individuals. He lets us know that we're always loved, even if we aren't understood. Though he's quiet and chooses to remain in the background, he's the strength of our family.

5. The show, True Blood is going to be my new Buffy and Angel. (Not a replacement, mind you, as I still have mad devotion to Joss Whedon, I'm just saying it's going to be a new show that will rock the genre). I've read all the books, seen the trailers, and am convinced, CONVINCED that it's going to be freaking awesome.

6. Sydney is going to be just as different from Riley and Cole as they are from each other. But that she's lucky...because they want her to get here so much. Also, that she's lucky to have them for siblings. She will be a very spoiled, very catered-to, little girl.

7. Diet Code Red Mountain Dew could just be my new favorite beverage. If I could drink it all day long, and not feel guilty about pickling Sydney's brain more than I have....I would.

8. Angelina Jolie is looking haggard to me. It goes to show that no matter how much money you have, six kids will take the youth out of anyone. Also, I don't understand why everyone says she's such a fabulous mom. I think anyone could do a great job if they had round the clock nannies that could help keep the kids in check. Whenever she's in public, she only has one or two kids with her. Call me, or show me pictures when Angelina has to run to the grocery store, and take care of all the children at the same time. That would convince me she's a pro. Until then, I'm unconvinced.

9. I am accepting of the white-trashiness in my nature. I will be the first to admit that I'm not overly intelligent, or experienced...however, I'm real. And I'm really opinionated on stuff I usually know nothing about. Ask Jeff.

10. I have a lot of anger issues. A lot. I'm trying to deal with them, and overcome them, but it's taking a ton of time and energy. I've finally decided to take a stand, and make choices that will alleviate my anger, and avoid situations that I know will aggravate it even more. This is working for me, a little. I still have my days where I backslide, or I'm not as careful about my avoidance technique, but for the most part, things are looking up.

11. I'm so sick of political BS that I want to gouge out my eyes and personally pop my own eardrums. I love Jon Stewart, in that he's the only one that hasn't thrown up his hands at all the flip-flopping, but instead works harder to go through what I'm sure are very painful political volleys from candidates, reporters, supporters, etc., and prove that no one has a valid point, ever. If they do, they'll change it four or five times down the road. This is the way I do politics, and it disgusts me. I take a stand on something and then get so tired of all the crap that is involved in taking a stand that I give up a short while later. THIS IS WHY I AM NOT A POLITICAL PERSON. I understand this way is wrong. Apparently though, it's not wrong enough, because every political campaign seems to have tons of people willing to do this over and over, and ruin their possible established credibility.

12. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW, SEPT.6, TO MORIAH LOVE. I've been thinking about this all week, sending you good vibes, and hoping that you'll be having a good one. Also, I will try to call you tomorrow, but if you're too busy partying the way you fabulous, fancy, island dwellers do, I'll totally understand.

13. I keep having this dream where my teeth are literally rotting out of my head. I don't know what this means. Yes, I brush my teeth, so I'm not too concerned it will actually happen, however, why does this happen over and over?

14. I'm FINALLY getting to the point of liking my hair. The mullet-ness is growing out, and it's a color I can live with--less red and green and more dark brown. I'm not completely happy, but I don't feel the literal tears when I look at myself anymore, so, that's a bonus.

15. My sisters Muff and Kelli and I are going to the After Thanksgiving Day Sales, together. (I take these VERY seriously, and it's one of my most favorite days of the year). I realize that this is a long ways away, but I daydream about what TV on DVDs I will be on the prowl for. And I wonder if I will be able to drive those electronic old/fat people carts at each store, as that day will be my REAL due date, and I have to keep Sydney where she's at until December first, for insurance reasons.

16. Speaking of TV on DVD, next Tuesday It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, season three, will be released. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be an affordable price. (UNLIKE the fourth season of The Office that's only half a season, yet that didn't cut it's retail cost in any way...this is something that really pisses me off). Anyway, this season has my most favorite, most hilarious, and most terrible episode on it: Dee dates a Retarded Person. It's completely un-PC and I will go to Hell by loving it so much. But it will be worth it. (Perhaps I think about TV way too frequently).

17. I have a severe crush on Shia Lebouf. Does that make me a creepy old lady? Probably. Would he be interested in me, a middle-aged pregnant woman? Probably not. (I don't think about him all the time, mind you, it's just that he's been in all these movies I've watched lately).

18. I'm worried that I won't fit into any of my clothes after I have Sydney. Could this be the baby that does irreparable damage to my body? I know, this is probably my most embarrassing thought, because it's so shallow and self-absorbed. But, it's a big one. Pretty soon the stretch marks will begin inching their way up my belly and other places....and then....well, then it's just a lot of hard work and keeping my fingers crossed.

So there they are. It's not a lot of overly important stuff, but it's what my mind has been touching on as of late. So feel free to let me know what you think about...perhaps I'll be embarrassed at how simple my range of thought really is...or more embarrassed, anyway.

14 comments:

DeSisto Digitals said...

Wow - LOTS of things on your mind lately! I'm a pretty simple person and my thoughts range from "what's for breakfast?" to "what's for dinner?" Oh and always, "does my breath stink?" Okay, so that's not ENTIRELY true because I guess I have a few opinions regarding some of your statements (wish I could remember them all, but my brain hurts - in a good way): First, I consider myself to be Shia's main squeeze! I fell in love with him back when he made Holes and that kind of still scares me because I know it's sick and wrong. As for Angelina Jolie - glad to know I'm not the only person alive that has had this thought cross their mind, "ummm... are the other kids just locked in a basement or something?" Who knows, maybe they're all undergoing plastic surgery or something. Hollywood. On a lighter note - I'm absolutely STOKED for DATS (day-after-thanksgiving-sales)!!! It's going to kick BUTT and I just keep hoping we'll get "fast-passes" through all the lines like at Disney Land because you're prego Rain! The world should work this way. Lets see... what else? I'll try to remember one more... awww yes... your kiddos! Riley and Cole are pretty much amazing in every way (Riley has always been my little "squogey" buddy and I've lately found an even truer friendship in Cole as he and I both don't like ice-cream)! They're smart and funny just like their aunt Muffy. Oh and they're also humble just like her. As for Sydney... she's going to be SUPER! I can't wait because I'm going to squish her cheeks! HURRY UP AND GET OUT HERE LITTLE SQUISHY! Well, I think that's about it - oh, except for I LOVE THE FALL! All you Summer-Lovers can EAT IT! Ha, ha!

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I hope that I can raise well adjusted kids as well. Let me tell you about my white trash moment yesterday. We had dinner at Sizzler with my parents (minus Dan he was working.) and I gave Lukas some ice cream wih m&m's and he of course was enjoying it way too much and shoved all of the little candies in his mouth when I wasn't looking and choked and threw up everywhere on the floor all over his clothes. Luckily throw up doesn't bother my nurse mom and she cleaned it all up. Well I had to take Lukas into the bathroom and take his clothes off and he had to walk around for a bit in just his diaper and shoes. I was embarrassed. I would have six kids too if I were rich and had nannies and could leave them whenever I needed a break. She had her kids to close together too. When your at the after Thanksgiving Day sale just pretend your in labor and have to go to the front of the line so you can go to the hospital. Don't worry your not self absorbed in your comments about fitting in your clothes after Sydney. I am thinking the same thing after this baby. You might hate me for saying this but I didn't get any stretch marks with Lukas and am just hoping that it goes the same this time around.

Keri said...

I have the same problem with food, only mine is suggestive. If someone mentions a food, or I see it on tv, I have to have it. And I'm not pregnant. It's the same with sleep. If someone talks about sleeping, I want to go to bed. I would think Jeff would understand about the food thing, I thought he was that way too, guess not.
Who is this desisto person I keep seeing comments from?

rain said...

Keri,

Desisto is my sister, Muffy. She's got her own photography business, and that's what it's called. Her own blog, too.

maida said...

I'm with you on Angela Jolie, You can't run all over the world, be in movies,etc, etc, and be a good Mom because you aren't there.

Kelli said...

I can't believe you haven't invited me to the sales yet? I've been loyal to you since I got married haven't I? I even sat out on the corner of ninth east at 4 in the morning because you didn't want to figure out what apartment was mine!

Shauna said...

1. I am the same way with the food cravings only it's all the time pregnant or not. Jeff is one of the few men I know who has food cravings. Him and dad.
2. I am the opposite, when the weather gets warmer I get happier. I am having panick attacks about winter coming. Thinking I've got to have a hot tub and/or a vacation to survive. And I think both should count as a medical expense.
3. I love that kids are okay with themselves, it has truly taught me to be more okay with myself. But still working on it. It gives me comfort to know you struggle with that as well cause I think of you as someone who is totally comfortable in your own skin.
4. Jeff is awesome and I'm so glad he found you.
5. I think you must of been a vampire sometime in one of your past lives. Maybe way back when there were other human species.
6. The 3rd child brings balance to the force, connecting the whole family.
7. Mt. Dew? Really? I'm going to bring you a bottle of Kombucha.
8,9,10,11,12. No comment
13. Teeth in dreams mean past life issues or decisions. Or maybe it's just a cry for minerals. They baby gets first pick you know.

Moriah said...

First of all, thanks for the birthday shout out. You rock. Secondly, I CANNOT stand Angelina Jolie and I still harbor hope that Brad will ditch her and go back to Jennifer. Thirdly, I embrace my trashiness and revel in it. It is fun! Fourthly, teeth dreams are stress dreams! I have them when I get stressed. Think about it. Lastly, you'll be able to get your body back, it just may take a little work. Peace.

Amy said...

I TOTALLY agree about Angelina. I would love to see her at super market with her 6 tots in tow, and I would laugh in her face when she lashes out and they get it all on camera. When she calls her kids "Little Sh*ts". Just daydreaming about that day makes my day.

Kory has food cravings too, just yesterday I had planned steak Kabobs for dinner and he called me into the family room to tell me that we were having waffles for dinner instead because he found a picture in the paper. He talked about the waffles with this peach sauce all day.

Then that night when I was trying to multi task, making waffles and cookies at the same time. I accidentally dumped a whole cup of honey into the waffle batter. (it only calls for 1 TBS)

Kyle said...

It's funny. Kids accept themselves fairly easily.

Puberty kills that self-appreciation... and it's a struggle to get it back from that point on.

Lora said...

I'm in love with Shia too. And like Muffy, the obsession started with the movie Holes. That's all.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I have food cravings like that all the time! Especially for Cafe Rio, Jerome has been very understanding of this. The closest one to our house is 20 minutes away and he still takes me if we're in the neighborhood. :0) I get these food cravings whether i'm pregnant or not... Does that make me a cow? :0) Why is it that mom refuses to comment on my blog yet you have 2 comments from her already and Keri has 1, this isn't fair.

Kory said...

They say when your teeth fall out in your dreams you're having commitment issues. I'm not sure I believe that, but that's what 'they' say. Oh, and there's something wrong with your family, who hates summer?!
You had to see the picture of the waffles to know what I was talking about. Mmmmmm....

Kelli said...

They also say teeth dreams are about forgetting something...so really it means whatever you want it to mean. i don't believe in general meaning to dreams, but I do believe that dreams have meaning. But I think they are very personal/individualized. Kory is a good interpreter though. I have been impressed with his past work. No one cares that I had the word dyke for word verification?