
I have to post a lot of pictures. This last one was Cole playing with my phone, and it wasn't blurred...and when he was done, said, "You look GREAAAAT mom!" like it was unbelievable, so I had to put it up. This past weekend was nice because it started out on Friday. Jeff didn't work, as is the new work schedule, and so while he slept, I got up and walked with my friend Liz. Which was quite early. (I might add that because of his new job, I now can't walk in the mornings. Yet, Jeff's Wednesday night racquetball dates are still on...interesting, isn't it? So now, walking is limited to the days of the week that Jeff has off. And let me say, it's obvious in my butt and legs that I'm just not putting in the miles anymore. So, when I'm tipping the scales at 800lbs., and Jeff wants to leave me because I'm demanding he make me more bacon as I lay solo on our king-size bed because it's now the place I stay permanently, please remember and remind him, this is all his fault). Anyway, after our walk, I came home and didn't have to wake the kids for another hour...but they were already up--as it was the
Friday that they got their allowance toys. So they played for a while and I made breakfast, and then I took Riley to school. Friday went by quite well...Jeff had a problem when he went to pick up the kids--Cole was missing again, as his teacher had taken him to the office. (I'm hoping this doesn't become a thing that he does).Saturday came along and all was good. I got a call from Kelli, telling me my Carebear that she was knitting me was done. I had to go get it and drop off a couple seasons of LOST, as she and my nieces were having a marathon this weekend. Now, originally I asked Kelli to make me a grumpy b
ear. She timidly asked Jeff if I would be offended if instead she made me a "Bi-polar" bear. She didn't want me to be offended as it was an obviously play on my mental instability. I, of course, have stepped up to this personal snafu, so, I was on board. And might I say, isn
't it completely fabulous? She came up with the idea, the colors, all by herself. Not to mention the knitting. I love, love, LOVE it. Riley and Cole fully expected that I would share with them, because that's what mom's do. However, they were a little thrown when I told them that this particular toy is just for me, and I didn't want their sticky, stinky fingers on it. I said it a bit nicer than that, but the point was put across. Jeff started to work on our living room. He's b
een putting up shelves for our ever-increasing media. He continued that through Sunday, and now though our house is still in disarray, he's really succeeded in making our home look more like a home rather than a dorm room. And by that I mean, he's done a great job and I'm really liking what he's done.So Monday, we were invited to a BBQ at my in-laws house. Not only would there be fine food, but my brothers-in-law and their band would be performing, so you know, we had to be there. Unfortunately, I've got a cold, so I was contemplating the possibility of staying home while Jeff and the kids went. But then I knew I'd be missing out on a lot if I didn't go, so I dragged my ginormous butt out, and I'm really glad I did. I'm sure there will be blogs all over that will have the same pictures as I've taken, but you'll have to bear with me.
Big thanks to Bob and Maida for great burgers and hot dogs and providing the gathering place. And the rest of the Andersons, Coplens, Hiatts, Stevensons, Miles's and Murrays for side dishes and great company. Afte
rwards it was time to go watch the musical entertainment and we watched my nieces and nephew perform first, as they've put together a band this year. Quite impressive. Jessica was lead vocals, Brittany and Tiffany were on guitar and Austin was on drums. (Sorry Tiff, I couldn't get a picture of you, that dang tree umbrella was in the way). I meant to tell them all great job, but I had crying issues between Cole and Maggie that were ongoing. I think they just found out that they are the same age, and that being in Kindergarten at the same time was a bonding experience for t
hem. So they really enjoyed playing together, but both are a bit sensitive and kept hurting each others feelings, and then having to make up.Then next up were the brothers -in -law and nephew. Kyle-singing and on bass, Kory was lead guitar and back-up vocals, and Brandon on the drums made up the main Labor Day event. They didn't disappoint with about six songs plus an encore. There was even a complete bonus when my nephew Andy got up and started to dance, simply because he was feeling it.
I love it when kids dance, because there is no self conciousness invovled...the music moves them, and they are but slaves to the rhythm. To me, it tells you that the music is good. One of the highest compliments imaginable. (I could have miss-counted songs because of the previous mentioned problems with Cole and Maggie, so if that's the case, my apologies). I'm always amazed at all this hidden talent. I shouldn't be, because Jeff amazes me all the time with what he can do. I have like, two things that I'm really good at, and from there, my expertise is very limited. So when I see all these quiet, shy-seeming people whip out the big guns, I can't help but be so impressed. So, great job, guys. I'm alrea
dy anticipating the next show--perhaps next Labor Day? Or possibly the Halloween Party? I'm encouraging you all to shake things up, schedule-wise--just for my personal entertainment, if nothing else. After the encore, we all kind of sat around and visited. I looked around the family there, and noticed that there are quite a few new babies, and expected ones. This is kind of odd to me, because it's like an entirely new generation of family is cropping up, and this time I feel so old. I know a lot of people my age aren't even having children yet, or they are just starting, but this is Utah, and Jeff and I are starting over...it's just w
eird. Sydney will have all these cousins in her age group, and it doesn't seem like it should be that way. I'm not complaining, mind you, just a bit of a reflection, I guess. However, this DOES lead me to another fabulous thing that happened simply because of my talented sisters-in-law. Kassie made me some blocks for our little Sydney Joy...and I love them. (Yet another thing I refused to share with Riley and Cole, and I'm considered an awful mother because of it). I first saw her post pictures of some that she made for her little girl that's due just about the same time as Sydney. I told her how
much I loved them, and she just offered to make me some. How could I refuse? I mean, seriously. They look so great in Sydney's room, too. Yet another expample of things these people can do, and do greatly. It makes me jealous, however, it also makes me content to be lazy....because they're so great to let me enjoy the benefits of their hard work, too. That being said, I really like this system, and am content to keep the status quo, so no one needs to get the idea to try to teach me how to do stuff, or make me figure it out myself. Because that's just not as rewarding to me, just for your information.Anyway, thanks to everyone for the food, the entertainment, and the gifts. It made my weekend very satisfying and memorable. I really wouldn't mind this turning into tradition...weekly tradition. Seriously, I'm up for it.


15 comments:
Those blocks are seriously adorable!! I don't blame you at all for not wanting to share them just yet :)
I love the bear Kelli made. She did a great job. It sounds like you had a great weekend.
I really like that you balanced the longer set of blocks on top, it really eliminates all the confusion! They look great on your shelf! :0) I was a block making machine this weekend! i made some for our kitchen and some for Jerome's step-mom. I had fun making them!
Those pictures of you look great! And you have tons of things your good at. Just your ability to make people feel comfortable is a talent I envy. You're awesome.
Just goes to show you what a great mom I am. I didn't even know they were having issues. Maggis's feelings get hurt so many times a day I think I have subconsciously blocked them out. Whoops!
The real issue with Maggie and Cole was my fault, Maggie was talking to me and Cole came up behind her to see if she wanted to play, and I said "Maggie Cole wants to talk to you" And she whipped around and BAM they bumped cheek to head. I think Cole was more offended by this than Maggie.
I love your bear, and your blocks, good job Kass and Kelli!
Cole was right about that picture. Why was he in the office though? It was a rockin' weekend. Thanks for the nice things you said.
Oh, and you should put up pictures of Jeff's work.
Sarah--I'm loving that you support my selfishness. :)
Keri, thanks. You made my day...and this one was total crap there for a while. I yearned for getting the weekend back.
Brandi, I did! I just wish it wasn't over. And Kelli has the skills, certainly.
Kass, Jeff set them up for me. He has that artistic eye, you know. Otherwise, I would have just kept them the way they were. You're so nice to make everyone presents! I'm just glad I was on the receiving end, otherwise, I would have had to pretend I wasn't completely jealous.
Amy, it wasn't just you...Cole and Maggie had been having issues about Doritos, what to play next, where to play, why one would walk away from the other, etc. It was an experience in cousinly patience, I'm sure.
Shauna, Matt was all over it. No worries. I was just there for a hug for Cole, as he was dealing with someone as emotional as he is...not an easy task for either one of them, I'm afraid.
Kory, I might just do that. I need to post some stuff about Jeff again. He's just really picky about pictures, lighting, etc. And if I DON'T let him see and approve of, first, then he gets annoyed. He's very overprotective of his art, you know.
As far as Cole going to the office, he wouldn't just wait for Riley to come pick him up, he'd just tell his teacher some random thing about going on the bus, and so she'd kind of freak out, and take him to the office, so they could call me, if I didn't come get him. He gets these ideas in his head, (read: STUBBORN)and it takes a while to talk him out of it.
Ok, so I think you need to embrace the pregnancy thing, because you look HOT. Seriously, put your mind in a different place, my dear. Act the sex symbol you are.
Moriah, you are too kind. Like I said. I love you so much! You KNOW the only reason I posted those photos is because they are somewhat flattering. That being said, I still don't know what I'd do without your comments.
As far as Jeff's work, I meant the stuff he built or put up or whatever he did for your dvd's.
Kory, oh yeah...well, it's still "in the process", if you will. I'll get some photos of it up sooner hopefully than later, but we're still waiting on some more shelves and such. Hopefully that will be taken care of, today.
I just wanted to say I am glad that your enjoying Viel of Roses. I finished it (it is really easy to read) and I really enjoyed it. Anyways I will save the rest for book club.
Love the blocks, love the bear... and all you Anderson can hook me up ANY TIME! Ha, ha! And for the record... my family is really talented too! I'm good at the games on my Wii (when I play against myself) and I can make brownies from a box. Both my sisters can make excellent pound cake... I've failed each time I've tried. My mom makes good chili and my dad made good GREEN CHILI! Weird... I never noticed they both were good at something with "CHILI" in the name. I got up at 3 am (couldn't sleep because I'm worried about my new tv having a bad picture - I HATE COMCAST) and it's totally showing in my responses. My brother Jessey is good at playing video games too... but not the kind I'm into with the little fluffy animals and whatnot. So there everyone - the Steele's (or used-to-be-Steele's-one-time-or-another) are absolutely AMAZING! Now you all know. :)
Post a Comment