Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Cole story. (Because you so politely asked....sorry but no visuals were allowed...I already asked).

A week ago, or something, I posted about Cole's aversion to wearing underwear. We've had a few arguments lately, but for the most part, he's good about putting them on. Usually after being reminded. A few days ago I was lying in bed, reading. Cole had just gotten out of the bath and I yelled at him to hurry, because he had school in a half hour. He told me he already had his clothes on, and I made him model what he was wearing, which turned out to be too tight sweat pants, and one of Jeff's graphic T-shirts from his old job. I told him, kindly, that that attire wasn't acceptable for school, and that this time he was to put the clothes on that I had laid out on his bed. And to NOT forget to put the underwear on, as well.
A couple minutes later Cole came into my room sporting another look that was ne
ither intended or recommended by me.
(Previously I had posted pictures where Cole had put on blue camouflage boxers and yanked them up to his ribcage. The end result being a type of onesie that for the most part covered his frontals and backside, however, looked very uncomfortable in the process. So uncomfortable, I have to admit, that I was panicked he'd injure a few vitals if he were to continue wearing his boxers in that manner. After reading the comments on my previous post, I asked him to look at what I'd so artfully arranged on my blog in draft form...just waiting to be given the go ahead. He saw it, said, "Mom, those pictures are me in my big underpants." I said, "I know, you just made me laugh so much that I wanted to share, and would that be okay?" His reply was, "Nope. Noooo it is not okay. Because underpants cover my privates." So there you all have it).
He was excited about the fact that these underwear were indeed an outfit in themselves. Not only was he wearing the required undergarments, but he also invented a new, easy outfit that covered all the questionable parts. After a few minutes of laughter, I explained to him that though it's a good idea in theory, it's against the rules to go to school solely in your underwear. Also, that is the kind of thing that a lot of my nightmares were about. I talked him into letting me take a few pictures to show his dad and he went to get into his regular clothing.
Though you can't really see it in these pictures, there were some areas that looked very, er, restricted by this high-wasted design. On the other hand, I am proud of my son and his desire to forgo comfort, in the name of groundbreaking fashion.

9 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

HA HA I love his response to why you couldn't post the pictures. That is funny that he would have worn them to school but nope you can't post them.

KaSs MiLeS said...

He sounds just like his dad! :0)
I never go uncomfortable in the name of fashion, I'm all about the comfort, especially now!

Amy said...

That is sooo funny, at least he has standards right?

Moriah said...

I cannot believe I haven't thought of that...one big pair of underwear to take care of the whole outfit. Hmmmm....

Shauna said...

He is so funny and expresive! I can totally see his reasoning. I know a few people who think garments are actually an outfit to wear around the house.

KaSs MiLeS said...

shauna, i know someone that also think that... :0)

Sarah said...

I think we need to put a ban out on Sealy posturepedic mattresses. Mine was the second one I tried and they BOTH got sink holes!! WE should write a letter!!!! :)

Kory said...

Not only is it fashionable, it's efficient! And that's the main goal with this kid.

rain said...

Shauna and Kassie, I too know someone that thinks garments are an outfit...Me. I like to think of myself as "White Lightning" as I buzz around the house...and then I have to hide out if anyone actually comes and knocks on the door. At this phase in my life, though...my family is just lucky I wear anything at all.