Thursday, March 26, 2009

Back in the Game.

Word-Up, Suckas.

So, my posts about nothing-much-happening-but-the-watching-of-my-children days, are over. I have actually been busy...busy doing stuff other than the usual, that is. And some days, I seriously think it's g
oing to kill me. I've now officially started my exercise regime up, again. This time it's earlier, and much more diverse. I start my day with a 3 mile brisk walk. At 5:30 am. In theory, it sounds like a great idea, but in reality, I'm finding out, this is just insanity. But I'm doing it--as I said before my previous method of some kind of weight-loss osmosis was deeply flawed, as results just weren't happening.
After my walk, I make sure I'm home so Jeff can leave for work, and while the kiddos blissfully sleep, I subject to myself to more torture that is the Wii Fit. After my little Mii tells me that I'm not ANYWHER
E near the weight I want to be, I try to do activities each morning for at least 15 minutes--or credits, I should say, as it's always more than 15 minutes, and then get some use out of my ab-roller. Not that I foresee a huge change from this, but at least it makes me feel better about myself. Let me just say, I'm glad I had kids sooner rather than later...as the body just doesn't bounce back the way it did nine years ago. This getting older stuff isn't too bad most days...but in this instance, I'm feeling the anger towards things like "elasticity loss", and "droopage". Anyway, that's that.
I've been singing Flight of the Conchord's "Hurt Feelings", lately. It's quickly becoming my theme song. Thanks to Amazon.com, I got to download it for free, so now I know ALL the words, rather than just the, "I've got hurt feelings, I got hurt feelings", part. This makes my mental daily montages much more interesting. I love that show soooo much and they're thinking this might its last season. Does anyone know if that's because of the ratings, or if it's just because coming up with two songs an episode has got to be severely difficult? Let me know. I don't want to be unnecessarily angry, you see.
Because of the early mornings, and the late nights--as Jeff insists that it's proof of my love if I stay up with him, any free second I have is spent trying to nap, instead of being online. Fortunately though, I'm getting more accustomed to these hours and not feeling like death for 90% of the day. So I should be back to more regular posts--at least once a week. This is my goal, anyway.
Tomorrow I'm hosting my bookclub. I'll let you know whether it was successful, or not, as I'm sure the anticipation of these details will keep you awake at night. Book club is something I look forward to each month...but that's when everyone else does it. I'm always stressed about picking a crappy book, and showing my true cooking skills with the dinner that I prepare...which are also crappy. So wish me luck. Despite all, we WILL be eating a lot...anyway, I will. So that makes my outlook more positive. Hasta for now.


10 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

your offline hours are well spent, however i do not like it one bit that you have disappeared.....
i only wish i was as ambitious as you, there's no way i'm getting up at 5:30 to exersize and then sit in front of my computer for 9 hours. Story tries to wake me up at 6, but i just plug that binki right back in.... i'm a great mom.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Way to go on the new exercise program. I can't wait until I can utilize my body in exercise. I don't think that will be for a bit since the gallbladder surgery. I was feeling pretty good until I had it. At least when they weighed me I had lost six pounds in a week. Must be the nursing. I still have 12 pounds left till pre pregnancy weight and I want to loose 20 total. So I have lots to loose. Maybe I should start joing you on these walks? HA HA. Now that I have written a book I should go.

Kyle said...

FOTC... how I love them so.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/flight-of-the-conchords/flight-of-the-conchords-bids-f-22458.aspx

That's an old article basically saying that the strain of just the two of them writing every episode is hard.

But that was before the ratings boost this season. I hope they stick around. But I could definitely see them losing steam. Like Seinfeld did.

Also: TOO MANY DICKS ON THE DANCEFLOOR. We gotta spread them out.

Kelli said...

Oh i am feeling the stress of picking a good book. It is overwhelming me. I have gone through at least 10 different choices so far!!!!!!!

Larraine said...

Congrats on the exercise program! Wow, you are making me very tired. Keep it up, skinny girl!

Keri said...

You are awesome.

Amy said...

WOW! That is so early! I don't know how you do it! Kory too has those same feelings about staying up late, so I can say from experience that it is NECESSARY that you nap during the day... I do miss your funny blogs tho, as they always keep me entertained. I am impressed that you guys do book club. That is how I feel when it is my turn to do Mutual. Too much pressure I say.

Moriah said...

Okay, first off, let me say that I am totally impressed with your workout routine. Sheesh. I don't know if I could make myself do that! Secondly, Flight of the Concords is the best. If you haven't seen the movie Eagle vs. Shark, you absolutely MUST RIGHT NOW. Lastly, I wish I had a book club! Sounds so fun. Miss you and miss your posts.

Sarah said...

I am very impressed with the workout schedule - i was thinking at book club that you looked great! BTW book club was awesome and so was the food. I just hope I wasn't too out spoken - I get a little worried about that!

Kory said...

Exercise + Early mornings = Unpardonable Sin