skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Updates
So, book club. I thought I'd branch out and choose a fun, short novel that I hadn't read before. I chose the book, He's Just Not That Into You. Not only wast NOT
fun, but it wasn't a novel, either. Essentially it was a self-help guide for clueless, dating females. Not only was I embarrassed for the this being my choice in the first place, but the advice was for the exceptionally dumb...and that's putting it at nicely as possible. Next time I'm just going to go with something I know: Vampires, Werewolves, and romance. Those three subjects never disappoint. Consider yourselves warned, Bookclubbies.
And the dinner? Well, it was good. But, that's no thanks to me. I went to Sam's Club and got a couple manicotti dinners and dressed them up to 'look' like I made them. (You know, transferred them into a different dish and added cheese). I tried to prepare myself to gracefully take credit for the meal, as I feel like I was entitled, because at least I have enough sense to admit that there was no way it would have been edible had I attempted to make it myself. But then there were comments like: "this is really good", and "how do you make this?" So I totally caved and had to admit that I had no idea. But it's prettier if you add some mozzarella cheese to the top and stick it in the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Rats. I tell little lies all the time, (read: exaggerations and diversions), so you'd think I'd be better at it. But no. The guilt and the lack of quick thinking always screws me up.
What's worse? I invited a couple girls to come over early and just visit...but I so grossly underestimated how much time my faux meal would take that they had to help me prepare it before everyone showed up to agree with me that I chose the worst book ever. Ugh.
Other than that, it was a successful night. The food was good, (cause I didn't make it), we exchanged bad dating stories, (like when my date broke my nose and made me drive home alone with a concussion), and set up our next get together, which will be so much more relaxing, because I won't be in charge.
After all my girls left for the night, my man and kiddos came home. Thanks to Kyle for babysitting. Cole was hungry and wanted me to fix him some "Smorgs". Which, coincidentally, is asparagus. And we've told him the correct name a bazillion times, but he refuses to conform. In fact, I thought he was saying, "smores", and so after accepting that Cole wouldn't say "asparagus", I decided that I'd play along, saying, "Would you like me to make you some smores?" He just rolled his eyes and said, "They're SMORGES, mom. SMORE--GS, SMORE--GS." Whatever. Talking to that kid is like talking to a rock. There's no way to reason--is it because he's stubborn? I seriously can't figure it out. It's funny, but at the same time he drives me insane.
K. I know this post was random and unorderly, but I have to jet. I have to get Riley to school on time today, or suffer dire consequences. I'll tell you all more about it later, as I will find out tomorrow what the deal is. Let's just say I'm in hot water with Riley and Cole's school, and I'm ready to fight the system. Like I said, more details later.
8 comments:
I am so sad that I missed book club! Especially twice. I am all ready to be back into it next month. Seriously I am so ready for a break and book club is my once a month break. Plus I am so sad I didn't get to participate in the horrible date stories (not that I have any really I was just so popular with the boys.) Plus I miss all of you girls.
Oh man. I could've told you that book was not book club material. I used to recommend it when I was a matchmaker and the ladies just didn't get it. Ah well. Next time.
I am so impressed that Cole loves asparagus. It is totally in its prime season right now. My head is all wrapped up in veggies as I am reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (we all know she is an amazing author). That book would be a great pick for your book club. It is certainly making me rethink my life and eating habits.
Good luck fighting the MAN at school today.
I am sure the evening was much better than you thought. Plus who really cooks manicotti from scratch anyway? Coles funny. Sorry their school is giving you such a crappy time, but I am excited for you to blog about it.
It was the best babysitting session I've ever had.
Could be because Jeff was there with me and we discussed apocalyptic futures.
Does that make Kyle your man or one of the kiddos?
I have to say having been there - it was a great time and who cares where the food comes from as long as it's yummy and it was!! I wouldn't have missed out on the dating conversation for the world so i'm really glad you picked that book! I can't wait until it's your turn again :)
Bookclub...was...AWESOME! Don't believe a word Rain says... the food was great and the conversations were PRICELESS! See, there WAS good that came from picking that book! Oh and now I want pine nuts (Rain even bought pine nuts for the salad - now THAT is going above and beyond)!
Hmmm, maybe if I tell Chris we're having "SMOREGES" for dinner he'll actually get excited about asparagus. Nah, I doubt it.
TAKE THOSE SOB'S DOWN - that's the school I'm talking about, not your kid or his "Smorges."
there was always this one girl who lived half a block from the school and was late to elementary school every day, my teachers hated her. they always threatened to call her mom.
Post a Comment