This is what it held:
I mean, can you believe those? I should have taken a picture while they were all packaged up, because they came in this little swanky plastic carrying case that looked like some sort of boutique packaging, but I was too excited to touch and hold them. I about died, HOW CUTE ARE THEY? My dear friend, Moriah, sent these for Sydney. Every time I've had a baby, she's sent me something that was so adorable and different, and this time I swear she outdid herself.
I couldn't wait to show Riley. She and I share a fetish for shoes--especially for babies. (Especially if it's something that we wouldn't wear on our own feet...what is a baby good for if not to dress them up in outlandish stuff that when it's small is fabulous, however, when it's er....ginormous, it's hideous?) When Riley got home, I told her to go look on my bed at what came in the mail today and I heard a loud, shrill squeal, followed by: "OHHHHH! THOSE ARE SOOO CUTE!" She asked where I got them and I told her from Moriah. Riley goes, "that must be why YOU never buy cute shoes for Syd. Because everyone else just gives them to you." (This has kind of been a source of contention between Riley and I when we go shopping. She seems to think I should buy Sydney all the shoes we both love regardless of the fact that most will only fit her for two months..If that). I thought about what she said though, and actually, she's right. Syd has been the recipient of numerous pairs of shoes; all soo cute, and the ones I'm going to show are the ones that fit her now. So for those of you that have given me shoes and they aren't shown, it's just because they don't fit Syd yet, not because I don't like them and such. I want that made clear. Also, for those of you that are thinking, "What the crap? This entire post is about baby shoes?" Well, yeah. Deal.
These were given to me from my sisters-in-law Wendy and Kim. They dropped them off one day while I was still on bedrest, and Riley just opened the door, took the loot, and I'm sure nicely slammed the door in their faces...one of the couple of embarrassing moments that occurred during the time I was made to stay in my room. But I was really excited to have Syd eventually wear them, because I knew she'd totally rock them. See how right I was? Another pair she's been wearing are some Kelli made for her:
These are obviously for days Syd is feeling a bit more rugged, yet also fashionable. Riley and I have more fun than we should dressing her up, and between the two of us, Syd's going to hate that even more than her big sister. Maybe now Riley will feel my pain when she rejects my efforts in cutely clothing her, still. That would be what we call sweet revenge, my friends. So, here's my last shoe picture, for those of you that may be griping and can't understand the finer things in life--awesome shoes, duh. (And I know for a fact that my husband, man that he is, DOES appreciate shoes more than the average guy, and I love him a little more just for that. I got him some new shoes this week, and he's been wearing them with pride--because they are just that wonderful. So if you wanna be cool like Jeff, I suggest you focus on this post and LOVE every bit of it. I would have posted a picture of him wearing his new shoes, but he would have been overshadowed by these last pictures of Syd, and we just can't have that).


12 comments:
Those are so cute and she looks so giddy in them like she's dancing! Where did she find those? BTW I am paranoid too! I keep my door locked in the day.
Do you not love those? I have been looking for the perfect gift for FOREVER, and when I saw my friend's granddaughter wearing them, I thought I would die. Totally hilarious (heelarious.com is where you can find them). I can't wait to have a baby and drag them around in high heels. Some day they will be disgusted with me and wonder how I could bring them around in public in those ridiculous things, but how can you NOT? Babies are great because you can dress them in funny and ridiculous (and also just plain cute) little outfits and they can't say a thing about it. Also a big fan of babies in wigs.
hahaha?!
Babies in wigs?! That seriously made me laugh quite loud. Not sure why.
Either way, that last shot of Syd is fantastic. She's definitely doing a little shuffle in her new stilettos.
I love how cartoony they are. Cartoons are great. I lock my front door too, but mainly because my dog is seconds away from figuring out how to open it.
Okay, I am giving Moriah props for those shoes! Way to go! Those are HILARIOUS! Love 'em!
What the HEEL? How cute and fun are those? She looks so cute in that last picture...like she's strutting her stuff.
Funny!
Was that last comment from your aunt? It totally sounds like her. I must say, even though I am totally biased to love the shoes I made, that last picture IS to die for!!!
haha I love how they look like they are from the simpsons or something! So awesome!
I ALSO LOVE BABY SHOES!!!! i bought Story a pair that will only fit her for one more day, but it was still worth it. They have cute little botique shoes for baby girls at quilted bear, they're like 16 bucks though. on that last picture of Syd she looks like she's a little flapper dancer or something, she just needs a long pearl necklace.
Hi there! I'm the granddaughter's mother (the one Moriah is talking about) I just wanted to say hi and tell you that she looks adorable in those!
Check out our blog for more pics of the heels..totally photo shoot worthy :)
www.thebeginningofbaby.blogspot.com
I saw a news clip a few months ago about those shoes. The flavor of it was sort of, "How awful that people would put these on their babies!", while obviously lacking any sense of humor. I thought the shoes were awesome. The best thing is that the little heel part is soft, and gets squished around when they crawl. Syd is a cutie, by the way!
Kelli,
Yes, I'm Rain's aunt...scary that you knew that!
Post a Comment