Sunday, May 3, 2009

May

The weather lately has been fabulous. Lots of rain. There's something about overcast skies that makes me very happy. So happy, in fact, that I think eventually my little family will have to migrate to Washington state. I'm hoping that by the time we get to the point of actually being able to move, maybe the cost of living will go down out there. Who knows?
In other news I semi-recently bought a dog-deterrent for my yard. It will emit a loud chirp--that's audible--if anything comes within the parameters of our yard. Now this sounds mean, I know. However, I have had the displeasure of cleaning up after two full-grown boxers and a bitchy chiuaua for the last five years. Apparently because I work hard on my lawn, and have no animals of my own, it's prime space for doggy dumps. And even after repetitive polite requests to keep dogs off my lawn, almost everyday there was a new, steaming pile that didn't come from anyone in my household. So, after some serious complaints to Jeff, and a couple times where the boxers came up and jumped up into Cole's face whilst barking their "angry barks", (causing him to be scared to death every time he went out the front door). We then consulted Amazon and found my new dog deterrent. It. Is. AWESOME! I'm happy to say that for two entire weeks there have been no signs of dog life in my yard. I didn't expect it to work, but it does. Like a charm. We are poop-free! I wish there was some way I could relay these thoughts that would portray the joy--sheer joy I feel about this triumph, but there isn't. So just know know this: After five years of fighting this battle, I freaking won. BOO-YA! Anyway, I mention it because summer is right around the corner, and you know what that means for me? Mowing the lawn, every week. And now I only have to worry about weeds and crabgrass and dandylions. Not dog poop. Life is good.

I'm still loving my phone. (Obviously). The only downside to having video is that I've become that mother that thinks EVERYTHING is worthy of being recorded. Much to your dismay, I'm sure. But, with Syd everything is so final. She's our last, so every single milestone has suddenly become that much more important, because you forget so much about every stage. Anyway, I think this is why I've been video crazy. Also, she's kind of our new family toy.
Sydney has decided that she's happiest when she's NOT wearing clothes. In fact, we have repeatedly tested this theory, and the data remains the same: She cries, she whines, she kicks and complains. Then we take her PJ's off, or whatever outfit she's been shoved into, and she suddenly turns into this happy, excited baby that laughs and coos and yells just to see how loud she can squeal.

K. So that's my update for tonight. Random, I know. But, not a lot is happening. However, it IS mother's day on Sunday. I want to give my mama a big shout out--LOVE YA, MOM! Hope that it's a good one. And a happy Mother's day to my mother-in-law, as well. I'm so lucky she took a chance on accepting a girl that was in no way deserving of her son. (After having my boy, I can tell you right now, that it's going to take a LOT for me to accept whoever Cole brings home). And now Jeff's trapped cause I'm the mother of HIS children. He never knew what hit him. Heh. And not only that, but he has to give me a present on top of everything else, or I'll throw a huge gigantic fit and make his existence a guilt-ridden nagg-a-thon. Womanhood is beautiful. :)
Happy Wednesday, Suckas!

10 comments:

Erinn and Ryan said...

I'm with you on the overcast thing. I'm never happier than when it's raining, it's so peaceful and relaxing. Of course, if it happened more often, who knows how my attitude would change.

I'm glad to hear the dog deterrant worked. I tried the same thing with the squirrels that ate my ENTIRE garden last year. It was this little thing that squealed to (supposedly) scare them off, but accomplished nothing. I saw one squirrel sitting right on top of it. This year I built a chicken-wire cage, with roof, around the whole thing. That IS effective, but not probably what you want on your lawn.

Moriah said...

Those kids giggling is one of the best sounds in the world. Love it, and I will really love it when you live in Washington! But don't get too excited about the rain, because I an guarantee you will reach a point where you will be on the verge of a breakdown.

As for the dogs, do not even get me started! I hate pet owners that do not pick up after their dogs. So incredibly rude. Don't they have yards of their own? Or at least enough humility to bring a damn plastic bag along when the dogs are out. Sheesh.

KaSs MiLeS said...

i am so happy for you and your dog chirper!!! I hate those dogs and i'm never even around them. They do freak me out every time i come to your door though. They are huge!
Anyway, Jeff really needs to learn to mow the lawn. Tell him i said to man up. Jerome mows our huge lawn, he is actually building a remote control lawn mower. :0) i'll let you know how that turns out.
I too think that everything is video worthy. you'll see my next post, its me being a ridiculous video happy mom. :0)

Kelli said...

I am so not with you with the overcast thing. That is the only thing holding me back from Seattle. I get so depressed when the sun isn't out that I almost don't even go to work. Weird. I wish it was different. And your dog thing is super annoying so I'm glad it's not in vain.

Leah said...

I love how much your kids love each other. I can only hope for the same...

Jeff said...

Kassie,
I do know how to mow the lawn but if it's left up to me it doesn't get done. It isn't that important to me. When the lawn was in my hands it died. I do not have the green thumb. Rainey does an amazing job of taking care of it. I do however have to trim the edges with the weedwacker (and that never gets done either) : )

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Call me nuts but I actually like mowing the lawn. I think of it as a form of exercise and it makes me proud.Blair is the opposite of Syd she HATES being naked she gets so upset when we change her.

Amy said...

That video is totally cute! I know what you mean about the dog poo, because it is our own dog we have to clean up after. We have this amazing tool called the CLAW, and yes it is AWESOME, but I totally feel bad when we go on walks and one of our dogs takes a big dump on our neighbors lawn. We always forget to bring a bag with us, but I wish everyone had one of those chirp things because then our dogs would have to hold it, because it is totally embarrassing, and we wouldn't feel like a chump. Lucky for us EVERYONE in our neighborhood has a dog or two or three, so people understand or get it.

I don't like overcast skys either. I love the warm weather! I am so excited for swimming!

Sharon said...

I hate cleaning the lawn in the spring, when the doggy doo has been lying there in the snow, marinating and getting nice an mushy. It stinks, smells, smolders, sucks, & makes me gag. I don't own one and I really hate people who don't pick up after the poo. They give the pooches a bad rap!

Love the videos. Makes me want to pull out the ones of you guys!!
Love ya,
Sherm

Shauna said...

I soooo love that picture of the three of them. I was looking at the pictures that your sister took in that album you gave Mom and those were amazing but I think this one is my favorite!