Saturday, May 16, 2009

Merry Month of May

Okay, I guess it's been an adequate amount of time to have left Jeff's post up. An entire week. It was hard to do, actually. Because a lot of stuff happened, but then, I thought it was more important for you suckas to see how much my husband loves me. I'm a lucky, lucky girl. ;)

This month has been busy. For Mother's Day, Jeff presented me with a Sony HandyCam. And I freaking LOVE it! I'm still trying to figure out how to get the best quality of pictures and such, and that always takes me a while because of my general moronic disposition, but I've been having a grand time, nevertheless. And I've been videoing like mad, as well. Most of the stuff isn't fit to display--NOT because of any lewd reasons, but because I always think something more interesting is going to happen, and so my videos are at least like, five minutes long. Shockingly enough, that's too much time to devote to a drooling baby. But, I have to have these records. I just won't bore you all with them.

For a Pre-Mother's day treat, I got to go to Riley's school, as her entire 3rd grade class put on a little show for just us Mommies.
It was way cute. They danced, they sang--Riley unfortunately got stuck with the shortest male of her class. He also suffered from an extreme case of "little man's" disease; where his maturity level was in the negatives, and he reminded me of a sarcastic toad...if such a thing is possible. He was beyond mortified to dance with my daughter, and though other, less height-challenged boys didn't have any problems, he continued to act like he was dying a very slow death. As Riley's mother, you can understand why I don't like him and had fantasies of accidentally running him over in the parking lot. As if my Riley would dance with him if she hadn't been required, so get over yourself, you short socially-retarded troll. Anyhoo, the rest of it was virtually pain-free and the kids did an excellent job. I'm sure all of us felt loved, and that was the point. Also, we got really good cookies at the end. So, an all round success, if you ask me.

After the program, Riley took me to her classroom and showed me some of her projects and such. She was quite proud of this:

I loved the last bit--where "energetic", and "yawn" ma
de up the last parts of her name; side by side. There's no labeling Riley--she's a complicated and diverse girl. But the most exciting part, I thought, was: I believe that above all, we women want to percieve ourselves as VERY imporntant. Right? I know I sure do. ;)


Also, for Mother's day I received gifts from Riley and Cole that they both made during school. A booklet from each, telling me how fabulous I am....can you imagine anything better? I seriously can't. From Cole: How did he know I only weigh 100lbs?

And from Riley:
Just in case you can't see the jist of this pic, she says I'm made of love, kindness, "happyness", and sugar. If I were asked what I were made of, I'd totally say the exact same things. ;) I have great kids, I seriously do.

I am proud to report that Syd now has two bottom teeth that she and myself, and everyone else in this household worked
very hard to bring into being. A lot of sleeplessness and cranky episodes were involved, and I'm hoping that her easy-going demeanor will now make a comeback. She started the whole process at the end of her third month, and I just am keeping my fingers crossed that no more will make an appearance for at least a while. I've really been missing my sleep. I know I complain a lot about this...but I get even crazier when deprived of my Zzzz's, and we all know that isn't a positive thing.

This weekend I was a little bummed that I missed the Anderson Sand Dunes trip, but I have issues with sand and babies. I know, I'm a completely rotten mother that never lets her kids have any fun; they remind me often. However, taking a teething baby with constant drool to an area where sand and dirt are swirling all around was something I didn't think I could do without Jeff, as he had free-lance projects. So instead, I was overly lazy and the kids played on our trampoline. On a side note, Cole told me that this was the "best weekend of his life". He tells me this on a regular basis, yes. But it could always be worse, right?

The other adventure I have to mention is one of our favorites. My little Sis, Muff and her husband Chris, became parents of a sort. This is their baby:

Isn't she sweet? I don't know how many posts of the "I hate dogs" variety I've done, but the truth is this...I don't hate them. I just hate the owners that don't pick up after their pets, or let their dogs bully my kids, or are fine with their pets invading those that don't-have-that-special-bond-with-them's space. I know that sounds really raunchy of me, but I feel like it's the same with kids, you know? No one wants me to let my kids jump on their furniture, or take a dump on their lawn, or yell at them for telling them no. That kind of stuff.

Lastly, I'm leaving you all with a couple videos. The first is Jeff spying on Cole and how he plays with Syd. And the second is of Maddie, Muff's baby bassett hound, and how she howls. It's adorable. So many babies...so much cuteness. Okay, it's time for me to sleeeeeep. Two more weeks of school, and then we are free for an entire summer. I can't wait!


11 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah - I'm glad you're back in the blogging game :) I love all the photos and videos that you can post now. Cole is so cute with Syd. Also, the puppy is so adorable!

KaSs MiLeS said...

so much fun! i can't believe how dark Riley's hair looks in that first picture, i thought she'd be a blondie forever. Love all the photos! I seriously can't believe Syd has 2 teeth!!! That is so crazy. Story has yet to show me one.

Leah said...

Okay I have lots of comments,
1. I told Tor before you wrote this post that while I LOVED my mother's day I can't wait for the ones with homemade gifts. I'm glad to see that they are as good as that.
2. While I think it's awesome that Cole knows you only weigh 100 lbs, what kid of teacher has pre-made forms for the kids to fill out height and weight on their mom's? I would be SO pissed if he said like 400 or something.
3. Weigh to go on the tooth. Lars just got his first tooth and it was misery.
and finally... Is that your voice on the puppy video? I don't remember your voice so it is intriguing to think that it's you.
oh... and 5. I showed Tor Jeff's post and he thought it was totally cool. I could see the wheels in his head turning and told him he was NOT allowed to do the same thing :)

Leah said...

Dude I just realized I spelled weigh instead of way. How embarrassing!

DeSisto Digitals said...

YOUR KIDS ARE JUST THE BEST!!! I had to show of Squish's piggy tails to everyone at my job today because there's nothin' cuter than pig tails and slobbery smiles. :)
By the way - in case anyone is wondering, that's what happens when you get a new puppy and it keeps you up ALL night... you don't have the time or care to wear makeup! AHHH!

Amy said...

All those things your kids did and made are so awesome! I love that you cherish them too. My biggest fear about our kid is that he will be like the kid Riley had to dance with. So sad.

Tell congrats to Muffy on her new pup! Kory and I both know the feeling of a dog keeping you up all night. The best is when your dog just has to pee and you take them out sans bra with mascara rings under your eyes and your neighbor walks by and decides to stay for a chat.

Kory said...

Our dog, who people say is part hound, is like 8 or 9 years old and still cries and howls like that. Maybe our dogs will be friends. I'm with Leah, who makes kids fill out what they think their mom's weigh? Risky business. And way to go on catching Cole's butt scratch on camera and putting it on the internet.

rain said...

Leah: Yup, that's my voice. I still get people asking me "Is your mother home?" When I answer my phone.
Oh, and I would NEVER publish any "gift" that may venture to say I weighed 400 lbs. 100 lbs was acceptable, but barely.

Kory--I didn't even notice the butt scratch. I watched the video twice to see it--I think it's just such a common occurrence in this house that it's nothing out of the ordinary. So I guess if I start editing for bodily functions thought best to be done in private, I won't have much in video of any of us.

rain said...

Sarah, I love that little puppy. She's officially wormed her way into my heart. And you'll be regretting that video statement after a few more of my posts. Believe me. :)

Kass, yeah Riley's hair keeps getting darker remember when her hair was almost white? And Story isn't nearly as slobbery as Syd. Teething is an annoying process.

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

I can't get over how pretty Riley is. And that poster is awesome.