Monday, May 18, 2009

I just signed up to be able to post from my Blackberry. So now you all will have more access to the mind of ME. But without spell check--so you'll have to just deal.
So, I'm not one prone to fits of jealousy. Okay, who am I kidding? Yes I am. But, not about stuff like cars and boats and toys of that nature. That kind of stuff just has never held a lot of allure for me. Today though, I'm getting our Avenger's oil changed. And I was feeling pretty high-class because a) our dodge is a pretty nice vehicle, and b) because I actually was driving by myself with no kids in the car. So, I was enjoying the illusion of youth and possible coolness.
Then I was passed by a silver, convertible Dodge Viper that was being driven by a skinny girl talking on her cellphone, swirving a little, and having her perfectly shaggy pixie cut being artfully swayed in the wind. Uh..illusions of grandeur were stopped immediately.

10 comments:

Moriah said...

Now it makes sense. If it makes you feel any better, she may have been cute, but that car is totally not cool. Ick. Love the videos below.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

HA HA I LOVE Riding in the car by myself it is a thrill. However, my car isn't very nice so yeah.

DeSisto Digitals said...

Dude, you don't know cruising until you've got the windows down and allowing the wind to blow in your face while you're pedaling along in a ford probe... ahhh, ecstasy!

KaSs MiLeS said...

you're so funny. i hate seeing girls like that. it makes me feel like such a loser.

rain said...

Moriah--I agree about the coolness factor of the Dodge Viper, as in, it's not. However, my real issue with it was it's a 100,000 dollar vehicle. And what is a twenty something brat doing driving it like it's her daddy's throw-away station wagon? Where does this money come from? How does luck shine on some people to where they are overly rich and underweight? How does this happen? What line do you have to stand in? I love my husband, my babies, my life...I would also love not having to worry about whether or not we'll be able to afford the air conditioning for the month of June. In the broad spectrum of things, I'd never trade. But for a few seconds, I was in such a jealous rage I wanted to cut her off and force her to rear-end me and sue for tons of physical, emotional, and mental damages.

Kory said...

That was actually just me driving by in my prism. I roll so naturally that it just looks like a fancy car hot chick. Na, it's just me. And my word verification is twins... You sure Jeff got nipped?

rain said...

Brandi, I love being by myself in my car, too. No one complains when I sing with the radio.

Muff, the people-propelled Probe is awesome. (And paid for). Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Kass, I hate seeing girls like that, too...just cause. I'm a pretty good judge of character, and I judge them skanky Ho's. ;)

And Kory--I'm TOTALLY sure.

rain said...

Sarah--Ahhhh. You always know just what to say.
I do have a pretty amazing rack. ;)

Moriah said...

I guess we're probably just better people in the long run because our parents never spoiled us. And we can also say we never drove a stupid car.

Jeff said...

Kory,
I've got the scars to prove it if your interested : )
And if you got the word "Twins" it must be for you. You sure you've only got one baby on the way?