Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The "keeping you posted" post.

First of all, I am technically OK, I think. I appreciate all the emails and calls and texts and well-wishes and offers of food, taking my children off my hands, and sympathy...cause you know I'm a total sucker for that. I will take all the offers very seriously...and if I need you, I will totally call. Right now I'm trying not to be a total wuss. I hate putting people out. But your thoughts and expressions were really heartfelt, and I wanted to say thank you all.

Jeff asked his HR rep. about the possibility of finagling some type of "getting insurance to kick in sooner" episode. (And not that I'm not naive or anything, but she DID say something about it to Jeff when he started his new job, so it's always been a hope--on the other hand, she also lost his W2 for over a month....so I had my doubts). No dice. I have to keep Sydney in me until December first, NO earlier, or we get nada. We've paid for her up to this point...the tests, the exams, the "how do you feels, and baby sounds healthys", and now it's a waiting game...to hopefully get her to stay put until at least two Sundays from now, at midnight. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Until that time, I'll be bed bound. And seeing as this is my second day, I know that I'm not going to handle this well. Bed rest is boring. Not drinking my daily Diet Mountain Dew is maddening, and missing out on all these things that I've seriously been looking forward to for the last month, is killing me. Plus, there's the fact that I'm even grouchier than usual because I'm feeling sorry for myself, and my kiddos deserve better. I'm going to try to be better, just for them, but I'm whining, too. A tiger can't change its stripes, right? Anyway, that's that for now. Just thought I'd fill you in.

Hope all is well in your lives...because stress and the crap that goes along with it, sucks. I know that a lot of you are dealing with stuff like this, and worse...and honestly, my heart goes out to you. So please just take my whining with a grain of salt, as I know that I'm a weak woman in the sense that when it's something out of the ordinary, I panic. But for those of you that deal daily with hardships and tears, I am thinking about you. You are in my prayers, and please know that though I'm lazy right now, I won't always be...and if help is needed, I'd be happy to oblige. If I were a better person, I wouldn't have to tell anyone that I was willing to help with stuff...but I know that because of my complaining, I have effectively created a picture of me being selfish and crass...and I'm not ALWAYS like that. Anyway, thanks again, and people, work on your blogs. I've got a lot of time with just me and my computer....and if you want to be extra nice to me, give me stuff to stalk--and comment on. Later dudes.

10 comments:

Moriah said...

ha! I don't think you're whiny. Bed rest sounds awful. Maybe it is time for you to get creative...start a new hobby (something you can do in bed...hair plaiting? stamp collecting? thrilling!). Stay put BABY!

Amy said...

We will be praying praying praying for Sydney to stay put, and for all to go well. I am sorry you have to stay in bed for a long time, I will do my best to update my blog more often. Seriously let me know if you need anything. Even if you just want company during the day, let me know.

WeTheTeeples said...

Rainy,
I am so sorry that you are on bedrest. That is a fear of mine. I wouldn't be able to handle that, so I totaly give you the right to whine and complain as much as you want. I will pray that little Sydney stays till the first.
If you need anything let me know. (SERIOUSLY). I don't do much and am home all day. I hope everything goes well for you!

Kelli said...

I will take your request to blog seriously. I know that'll make you the happiest. Then I'll feel justified doing it during school and work. But if you're still bored I am loving the Uglies books and I don't think Maida would mind if I brought her copy over for you...just say the word and you'l have it.:)

KaSs MiLeS said...

You are so funny. Things will be okay, you've got a lot of prayers out there for you and i can continue with the Ben & Jerry's if needs be! :0) Get some sleep, it will be over soon and all will be well!

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Hang in there. I am freaking out that I might have to go on bed rest as well.With the whole placenta previa thing. If it happens I will be whining as well. Hopefully Sydney stays put until Dec 1st.

Lora said...

Hey Rain,

I'm really glad we were able to talk today. I'm sorry to have cut the conversation short; I didn't want to, but there were big problems at work that didn't allow me to continue to talk (or get anything else productive done for that matter). For the third time, my offer still stands that if you need anything, I'm ready to help in any way that I can. I love you.

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Hey just wanted to tell you if your REALLY bored you can do my Christmas tag. I didn't tag you.I actually didn't tag anyone, but it was kind of fun.

Randi Gerber said...

You're doing awesome. Laying in bed is sure no fun. It was so good to see you last weekend. I can hardly wait for the baby to come, but I will. I've been checking your blog to make sure she is waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rain,
Bummer about the bed rest. I remember your Mom had to be in bed with you for soooo long!!! I would have been a basket case if I'd have had to be in bed for...I think it was 4 or 5 MONTHS!!! I'll be sending you my best vibes and hope Sydney stays in ute :)
Love ya and can't wait to see you.
Sharon