Our Halloween was supposed to be very low-key this year. However, I think it's just supposed to be hectic, no matter what. We started early, as I had to fix Riley's hair and make-up. From there, she was taken care of and at school, and then we got Cole ready. After both kids were at school, I took a much-needed nap. Jeff got to pick them up at 3:15, after they'd attended their annual school Halloween party and had been feasting on sugar for the previous two hours. I woke up an hour or so after they got home, and while I showered and got ready, they carved the pumpkin...and it was a project that none of them could agree on, so Jeff took the initiative and made it look like an angry sphincter.
We set out a bowl of candy on our porch and headed off to my dad's place, our first stop of the night. The kids trick or treated there, and then Jeff took them to a couple of homes in the neighborhood--one of which had the audacity to hand out apples. Riley took hers graciously, while Cole, when he saw what the booty was, loudly proclaimed, "NO THANKS", and walked away. As a parent, it was a little on the embarrassing side, however, the general rule is that you just don't hand out any food item anymore that isn't pre-packaged, no matter what. I'm sure there were only pure intentions of health, but still....you just can't take that chance now days. Sorry, but true. Also, it's freaking Halloween...apples? That guy's lucky his house wasn't egged.
From there, we went to my sister Muff and brother in law Chris's house. (Cole got a power nap in along the way). They were already entertaining company, Brandi and her son, Lukas. Cole loves little kids. He thinks it's completely great when they listen to what he says, and they enjoy being with him. Yet a
We then visited Bob and Maida. And it was really nice. The kids went through their candy at their kitchen table and Jeff and I got to chat with them.
Our final stop was Kory and Amy's. As soon as we got inside, Riley mentioned that she wanted to play Rockband, and Jeff seconded it. So they were kind enough to re-arrange their living room and set everything up for us. The amazing thing is that we ended up staying there for over two hours, and so I'm hoping that they weren't shocked at our lack of late night tact.
A quick stop at McDonald's....and we were on our way home. Anyway, for those of you that wanted to know, that was our Halloween. We hope you had a good one, as well.


7 comments:
I have never seen what your dad looks like so now I know. Lukas liked Cole too. Sorry Lukas had to grace his presence in your picture with Nately and Chris. HA HA. I am glad you had a good Halloween.
That sounds so busy!
That sounds way busy! You are a champion for doing all that while over 8 months pregnant!! We just went to his parents house for dinner and then on the train ride and i was exhausted!!! Even little things wipe me out these days!
We were glad to have you! All the pictures are cute too.
Wow, that doesn't seem low key to me. All we did was trick or treat our neighborhood, watch a movie, and go to bed.
I love that pumpkin.
My sphinkter has a mustache too. Muffy's decorations are intense.
Post a Comment