Thursday, June 5, 2008

Insomnia...and the chaos it creates


I have no idea why I'm up so early. I just woke up about twoish, and couldn't go back to sleep. Preparation for the baby? I have no idea, however, I find it annoying. I don't know if I've told you this or not; but I find pregnancy annoying, in general. Okay, I've told you, but only like, a thousand times, or so. I was talking to Jeff the night before last, and he made the comment that "You never write about me...." I was actually surprised at this, because he's a private person. For my long time readers, a couple months ago I posted a long entry just about him, and when he first saw that picture of himself, he got all huffy and was like, "why is my picture up?" and "What are you writing about me and why?" I guess in his defense, he knows that when I get around his sisters and mom that's when I feel like I can gripe about all his annoyances. Also, he knows that my blog is a place where I gripe in general, so putting the two together, I guess, could be scary. But no.
I was nice. It was a miracle, and highly unusual, but I was nice. The sad part? I have to complain about stuff...it's a way for me to de-stress, turn the little things into jokes, and realize that yeah, I'm overreacting. Also, it's nice to do it around his sisters and his mom, because they can laugh with me, and tell me stuff about when he lived at home, and then I can either feel justified in my complaints, or I can be thankful that we all eventually grow up. This was hard for Jeff when we first got married. (And I SO wonder why?) But now he lets me get away with it with a roll of his eyes and a shake of his head, and the knowledge that if I complain to someone else and get the proper sympathy, then I won't complain as much to him, so it all works out for everyone. Except maybe for my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law...but they are all awesome enough to realize that I need to whine a lot, and they pretend that what I say, matters. To be fair, I feel that I need admit this somewhat important fact: Jeff has never complained about me to others,(to the extent that I do, anyway), that I know of, and that's because he's a saint. However, this is another reason why he is better than me...because I'm a fat whiny baby that couldn't handle it, and when people know about my faults, it embarrasses me, and he knows that. (How am I still married? Your guess is as good as mine.)
But enough about that. This is supposed to be a little insight into Jeff's day to day, and I'm veering off into the "me" category, yet again. It's so hard to stay on task this early.
For those of you that aren't "in the know", Jeff is a graphic designer. He's got real talent. Artistic talent. I wouldn't say this if it weren't true...as I can't even draw stick people, and I'm well aware and accepting of this. Also, he's got this ability to see things on paper and put them down. I look at paper and go back to my old standby: Bubble letters that suck, and hearts and stars. I'm really grateful that my children inherited Jeff's talent and imagination...because I'd feel like a total failure if I had to explain to them that the reason they have no talent is because of me. That's no fun to tell kids. So basically, I just helped bring the fabulous looks to the gene pool, and the ability to be overly dramatic.
If you haven't seen it yet, you need to check out Jeff's website. It's www.jeffective.com Yeah, this a bit of shameless advertising, but I'm his wife, so I can do this. Right now he's working on variant CD covers for his friend's band. Anyway, that's what he's enjoying working on right now. He's also doing a lot of rendering of buildings, working on logos for various companies, and re-doing the sound and graphics on some medical instructional stuff that I couldn't figure out if my life depended on it.
But he loves the CD cover project, and this is where you get to see what Jeff brings to the table. He will perfect every detail. He's done some really amazing sketches, and finalized them, and I hope that his friend and the band realize that they are taking all my husband's time. This is what he really loves to do, and I have to admit, it's something when I fantasized about what my husband would do for a living, he'd have a job like this. I just didn't want it to be such a time consuming occupation. (So you see? If I'm not complaining, I'm just not saying anything...something I think Jeff figured out a long time ago). I have a very cool husband. And I know that is such a high school thing to say, but it was one of my prerequisites, you know? He had to be funny and kind, and cool. And I got all those plus a bunch more that even though I whine about, I love. He has done so much in these past three years, career wise. Each day there's some new project that would scare the crap out of me, and he steps up, and makes it great--beyond great. Maybe this is why I don't post a lot of stuff about Jeff. Because I'm a bit jealous, or because I go on and on about it, and it's probably a lot of both. But in reality, he's my best friend, and I'm so proud of his accomplishments. It's amazing to me to see the stuff that he creates...and I don't give him the credit he's due. So here you go, My Love. Here's my, "somewhat casual" post about you. Hopefully, between the rambling of a sleep deprived woman, you can see some of the things I've been trying to say. And if not, definitely check out his website. Then you'll know for sure.

8 comments:

Keri said...

He is really cool, and I can't remember a time that he complained about you, probably because he worships you too much. That picture of the two of you is a good one.

Moriah said...

Yeah, you scored a keeper. Artistic creativity is such an attractive trait.

Kory said...

You need to realize that Anderson's like that kind of attention if we don't have to ask for it. His website is rad. I've showed lots of people. Now if we can just get those on clothing...

KaSs MiLeS said...

I check his website weekly and notice the changes he made, like the bird doesn't pull down the thing anymore with his leg, i miss that PS.... :0) I think Jeff's amazing and i wish i had an eighth of his talent, then maybe i'd like my job, because i'd be good... :0) I never post about Jerome because people never comment and lets face it, we all live for the comments...

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I love that you think so highly of Jeff. I hope that I portray Dan in as good of light.

Kyle said...

I brag about Jeff.

And I'm barely even related to him.

Kory said...

And by the way, you have 1 of 2 pictures where my mom is smiling.

Amy said...

I have the other one.

I admire Jeff's talents as well... and I must say that my boss and coworkers just think the world of him, and were super impressed with his dedication and hard work.