Saturday, June 7, 2008

what I like.

So Jeff has had it with me. Lately I've been starting every sentence with, "I hate...". And I do...I hate Walmart, and the fact that I get in the twenty items or less line, and there's a person with about forty items in front of the two people in front of me...and not only does she exceed the number of items, but she's run back somewhere in the store TWICE while we all stand there, waiting. I DO hate that. I also hate getting Redbox movies, when I've had Jeff order it online, and I'm just there to pick it up...and yet, I get stuck behind that lady with the two impatient kids, that chooses to READ each and every movie promo, meanwhile, her children are running out in front of oncoming carts, and their mother, completely oblivious, stands there, reading about a movie called, The Orphanage. I hate that, too. But I do like some things. I like when I get free stuff. I got a free razor today at Walmart, because some guy was handing them out. I shaved my legs and other stuff, and I feel nice and smooth--and this miracle was accomplished by something that I acquired free. I like that. I also like Ice cream right now, and this new soap that my friend Moriah sent me that smells fresh and clean...and I just smell it all day. I like when Riley and Cole play together and Cole throws his arms around Riley and says really loud and choppy-like, "I love my sista!" And Riley looks at me and laughs and says, "I love my little brother". I love that. I love when Cole talks about the baby, and how he wishes it would just hurry up and come out--because I feel the same way. And then I also love how Riley patiently explains to him that it needs to grow and develop some more, otherwise, it will be sick, and unhealthy. This is something I both hate and love to hear...hate that reality completely sucks, and love that my little girl is so smart and understanding. Anyway, so there, Jeff. I like and even love some things, still. I don't hate everything. Mostly, everything just pisses me off. And I feel like I'm getting bigger everyday, so I'm entitled to this.

6 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I hate the red box thing too. I can't figure out why not everybody checks out online first.

Amy said...

Oh don't even get me started on Redbox! But you did, and I can feel the steam coming from my ears as I type!
How about the lady who uses the promo code, not once but 5 times and uses 5 different cards! How is that honest!? Or the lady who forgot the promo code and calls her BF and just tries over and over again! Its a freaking dollar! Believe me, I value saving a dollar, but that is taking it too far! Oh and I really think there should be a separate one for online and returns only. And then the people who want to browse for ETERNITY can stick to their own machine and us tech savy, time efficient folks can get our movie and get on with our day! You have opened Pandora's box my friend...

I love free things too!

I hate Walmart because it taunts me with it's cheaper then dirt prices and then I get trapped with its long "A" lines. And the checkers are never pleasant. I went to Maceys the other day because I am trying to support locally owned businesses and ones that are closed on Sunday, and my bagger even offered to assist me out to my car! I forgot they do that, it was so pleasant.

Kelli said...

I love walmart. I love how cheap it is. I love that you can buy anything you want all in one store. I love love love it. And I am the lady who browses at Red Box because it is an impulse rent not a planned activity so Ha! And I don't care if you all hate me! But I never get in the express line unless I qualify. Never.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I am loving ice cream too, i found this kind at Walmart that i am just totally diggin! its Breyers checkered flag. its got plain chocolate and vanilla stripes in it and looks like a checkered flag. its delicious! very plain, but delicious! The only thing i'm hating is all food! (except ice cream...)

Moriah said...

What is Red Box? And yes, I am an avid hater of Walmart. My social conscience will not even allow me into the parking lot to sit brooding and whining in a car while a relative goes in. That's how much I hate it.

Leah said...

This is funny since I was just telling Tor that I only complain about 50% as much as I could... this flabergasted him, apparently he assume I had reached the upper limit. I proceeded to demontrate how life could be if I let everything out and he conceeded the point.