
So last year we skipped the annual zoo trip, simply because the last two years before when we'd gone, all the exhibits were being remodeled, and though two thirds of the zoo was closed down, they still charged full price and expected everyone to be grateful for the "We're sorry about all the construction, but by 2007, our zoo will be twice as big!" Whatever. I was pissed. Sorry or not, I wasted seven bucks on each of us those last two years. However, when I was told by a pretty reliable source, (thanks Kelli), that it was all good again, we decided that we'd take a look-see. Jeff took two days off this last weekend: Friday and Monday. It

was
sooo nice. He's been going to work at 8:45am and getting home sometimes at 9:00pm. I should be the super, understanding, let-me-rub-your-feet wife that drops everything when he gets home, but I am PISSED. What right does his boss have to expect him to be there for twelve hours? Seriously, twelve freaking hours, and that's no big deal to the boss, cause Jeff is on salary, so....yeah. I will stop talking about it right now, because this is something that I can gripe about for hours on end. All I can say, is that Jeff's company is lucky to have him...because seriously, I would be looking elsewhere.
So back to the subject. Anyway, Jeff took some days off, and on Friday, we went to
Kung Fu Panda, which was really good. The kids were totally
besotte
d with Po, the Panda. Watch it, and you'll see why. Then Saturday night Jeff and I watched a movie I swore to myself I never would: Lars and the Real Girl. And again, I was swayed by Kelli to give it a chance. I really liked it. It was awkward and painful at times to watch, however, it made me think. I have some experience with social awkwardness. (Gasp! Yes, me). I handle it in this way; I will go for broke around others, saying what I'm thinking, trying to be continually "on", and then days after, I will worry that I offended someone or was just completely stupid and no one will ever like me again--it's a thing. Anyway, Jeff is the opposite. He'd rather not say anything, ever. He'd rather

be alone and away from anyone that isn't me or Riley or Cole. Sometimes it is actually painful for him to make small talk, or just continue a conversation with someone. He can do it, and he will...something that he's worked hard to be able to do...but Lars reminded me of how far my husband has come. If he never would have married...I can just see him being that guy completely afraid of any type of interaction, whatsoever. I love Jeff, and believe me, he knows my opinion on this, but I think he would have been pretty scary had he remained lonely and alone for too much longer. He'd be that creepy guy that continually lives in his mom's house, with no intention of ever moving. The one that no one really knew what was going on in his head, because he refused to talk to anyone and would avoid the

m at all costs. There would always be weird noises and smells coming from his room, and no one would ever be allowed to go in. Any family members have opinions on this that have watched the movie? Let me know. (And for the record, had I not have married Jeff, I'd probably be the crack whore that was too fat for a mini skirt, however I'd be too out of my mind on cheap drugs to care, and so I'd wear them anyway...while trying to sell myself. Completely ruining my business, and always being the most broke hooker in the world. I just want you all to know that I am well aware that I've totally
benefitted from being married, as well. Just in a different way).
Sunday, as you all know, was Father's day. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I think Jeff was, as well. We woke up completely late, and then went to Bob and
Maida's. My in-la

ws, for those of you that may not know. It's always nice to sit and visit, but it never seems like there's enough time to do so. This time especially. We had made arrangements to go to my dad and step mom's house for dinner. I was surprised with how relaxed the atmosphere was...usually I stress about stuff like this, because I worry that we don't have enough time to make all the proper stops, or it seems rushed and forced. But this Father's Day went well. I am going to go ahead and speak for Jeff and say that he enjoyed it, too...because he got everything he wanted, plus a poster from the kids complete with
fluorescent hearts on it...and who can complain about that kind of stuff?
And today w

as the zoo. We slept in, and finally got up there around 2:00pm. We actually haven't ever gone that late in the day before, and I was worried it was going to be way too hot. But everything was new, and the misters were on, and we packed lots of gatorade, because it has electrolytes, you know. Both kids enjoyed it. Jeff and I enjoyed it. Definitely the best zoo trip we've had.
On the other hand, I'm well aware that this isn't my best post, but it's late and I'm tired. So, you'll have to deal. Also, I had four days of action pact adventure to get through, so just be grateful that I didn't give up all together and pretend it didn't happen. As far as this blog goes, anyway. 'Kay, I am going straight to bed. I keep staring at this screen, waiting for something fabulous to say, and it's just not happening. As you can plainly see. Goodnight.
4 comments:
I am SO excited to go to the zoo. We keep planning it then Dan ends up having to work. So we have to postpone it. Just for the record my husband doesn't talk much with others either. If he hadn't have gotten married he would also be the guy that lives at home for forever. However, he has completley gotten out of the not talking to anyone stage. I think I am a little to pushy when it comes to that. Now I think he talks to much.
I very much enjoyed your post!! That sounds like an awesome weekend! a long one, which is the very best kind! I saw Lars and the Real Girl with Keri and Kelli, but wish not to make any comments on the subject, i didn't love that movie. too awkward. The zoo looked fun! you look fantastic btw! I'm glad you had a fun weekend!
Never heard of the movie...blame the island and lack of television. But you are funny, and sounds like you had a good weekend.
I'm glad you guys had a good father's day. Mine was spent on planes and airports for 11 hours and northwest lost my luggage for the second time in 4 days.
Post a Comment