Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tags.

I actually have had a couple of tag games thrown my way, lately...so I decided to do them both at once. One of my cousins did a memory tag, where all commenters(you), list their first memory of the poster (me). So if you choose to, try to think about your first memory of me, and if it doesn't include my bad breath, boogers, or me showing very possible butt-crack, feel free to share it. (Even if it is embarrassing, which the chances are very likely, you're still invited to list it). In return, anyone that wants me to list a memory of them, may list the memory tag, or, just go on with their posts, and I can randomly list a memory on their blog...just as long as YOU know why I'm randomly commenting a memory. I'm sure there was a more eloquent way to describe this process, i.e., rules and such...but hopefully every reader is getting the basic gist.
The second one was the Tag from Amy. I need to list six random things about myself, for your reading pleasure. Get ready to be amazed.

1. According to the Hogle Zoo, I am approximately the size of an adult, male, Orangutan. (Just a little bit taller).

2. I make up words. I will say something...and Jeff will say, "I don't think that's even a word". I figure, if I said it, it's a word. If there is no definition of it, I can pretty much use it however I like. If there is a definition of it, and it's completely different from how I used it, I file that away as a lesson learned.

3. When I am singing in my car...I. Sound. AWESOME. I mean, seriously. You wouldn't even believe it.

4. Fall, to me, means new TV shows. Also, it means that new shows on DVD will become available for sale. I LOVE TV on DVD. It makes me happy.

5. I'm having a lot of WTF moments while reading Breaking Dawn. For fear of spoiling anything for anyone, that's all I will say.

6. I hate my hair. Hate, hate, HATE it. Even though it is my own fault, I am reminded each time that I look in the mirror, that I have the worst hair in the world. And it makes me sad, every time.

Okay, there are my six random things. Not overly interesting, sure. But totally random. As for picking people to tag next, I'm going to let you all off the hook. Basically, I think everyone has done this already...but should you feel like doing it, I'll be the first to blog-stalk you and make a comment. Cause, I really love hearing random things about people. Usually, those are the only things I can remember. Later dudes.

Okay, I'm changing my mind. I TAG KELLI. Now wow us all.

31 comments:

Kyle said...

Remember that time I worked at Target and you struck up a conversation with me?

Well, I don't remember it.

Kory said...

Kyle worked at Target? I met you at futureshop. Kelli and I saw you and KNEW that was the chick hot for my brother. Knowing you now, I think your face read 'why are these people talking to me?' at first. I didn't notice then.

Keri said...

Kory's full of crap. I knew you first. In fact I dreamed about future shop last night, so funny you should bring it up. The earliest thing I remember about you is when you reached up to get something, and I saw your tatoo.
Also I want to say that I hated Breaking Dawn.
I do remember when that thing happened with Kyle at Target.

Keri said...

I also want to say that fall means the same thing for me. That's why I hate summer. I am counting down the days to my new shows and then my life will be serene again. And I too love, love, love TV on DVD.

Kelli said...

I remember stalking you at Futureshop while pretending we needed to buy cd cases just to check out Jeff's potential merchandise. And no one has ever tagged me...I guess no one likes me. Kyle's always telling me that, but I guess now I know it's true

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

Man I already wrote a comment but it didn't work. So here it goes again. I remember when you came to the Dentrix Halloween trick or treat party. You were wearing a red wig (or maybe it was pink) I think that you might wear this wig every year at Halloween? Well Nately was a sumo wrestler and that little girl told her that she had big boobies. We all were laughing pretty hard. Whenever you want to discuss Breaking Dawn I am willing and ready.

Amy said...

To be honest Rainy I can't remember the day we met. It was some Anderson function, but one of my memories I do have is getting to hang out with you and chat a bit while Aislynn and Riley played during a play date. It was fun, the kids were crazy, and I believe Nicolas borrowed one of Coles horses, and Cole kept calling him "That guy" it was fun. Oh and you made pizza things and cheese sticks. Way fun, but probably more stress for then it was worth.

Amy said...

PS, What page are you on in Breaking dawn? I am only about half through and am having a really hard time with it.

Jeff said...

My meeting you coincided with the purchase of my first dvd player. My two loves, Rainey and dvd's, that was a good day. I didn't realize then that Keri had abandoned me at the checkout so that I could meet you, but I came back later to check you out and buy some "dvd's" for my new player.

Kory said...

For the record, I never claimed to meet you first. I'm not sure what Keri is talking about. I just knew that you were the girl Keri was hooking up with my brother before I found out who you were. That's all.

KaSs MiLeS said...

My first memory of you is you came over to go jogging with Keri and i was watching TV on my mom's couch and you came in and had really short blondish hair and you said, "hi I'm Rainey!" That's really all I remember.

KaSs MiLeS said...

I like Jeff's memory the best! :0)

Shauna said...

I honestly don't know why you hate your hair. You always have different styles and different cuts keeping it fresh and new and cute. That is actually my first memory of you. Your hair. You came over to our apartment (Later to be your apartment) with Jeff, and we all went to dinner. I think Jeff was worried I would embarrass him with my new age stuff so I tried to be on my best behavior.

Algernon Sydney said...

My first memory of you was our first hug at the shoe store you were working at and the look of "What the hell?" on your face once our embrace ended. :-)

rain said...

c--ask your nearest and dearest. I always have that look on my face after hugging someone outside of Riley, Cole, or Jeff. I don't know why hugging is so scary for me, I guess it's because I'm overly concerned that whomever my victim is, they are completely and totally weirded out. (I'm sure my face never helps). And then my sisters told me once that I give the most awkward hugs in the world...that I "go" the wrong way, and my arms encircle people completely wrong. So, there you have it. It wasn't you, it was me.

rain said...

Kyle. I remember that conversation. I thought, "Hmm..I thought I was going to like this guy...and now I'm thinking he's kind of an ass." So I went and told on you, to Kelli--you know, try to make her see she could totally do better? Anyway, after telling her that I'd seen you at Target...that you had been my checker, she not too kindly enlightened me about how it wasn't YOU, because you didn't work there. Even though she could have told me in a way that didn't include laughing in my face, I was happier knowing that it wasn't you. Apparently there are other "cute guys with glasses" out there. That's how I knew you at first. Also, at that time I was pregnant with Cole, so I'm sure I weirded that Target employee out a bit more than usual.

rain said...

Kory, I too remember you and Kelli in my line at Future Shop. I was wearing my stupid red Future Shop Polo shirt that was way too big, and it made me look like a potato, and I saw these two people that looked a lot like Jeff and Keri, giving me these big smiles and staring straight at me; almost 20 people away. That was when the store was closing, so it was nuts everywhere. I think I was concentrating on trying to be nice to the annoying customers and then trying to not look like a moron to my "boyfriend's" family. It was a slippery slope, as I only had a two minute window.

rain said...

Keri, You TOTALLY KNEW ME FIRST! I tell everyone that, don't worry. It was all you. My first memory of you was at Future Shop, as well. I know I'd met you before this, but I don't think I'd talked to you. Anyway, that was the year Titanic came out on VHS and DVD. Some guy asked me about the difference between wide screen, and full screen. I made up some B.S. answer right there on the spot, and afterward, caught you laughing at me. I knew I'd been busted, so I asked you what the difference was. You said that the only reason you knew was because your brother was a huge movie buff, and you explained what he'd told you. (Obviously, you were talking about Jeff). Anyway, after that, we'd had to stock shelves and we started talking and became friends quite quickly. Also, I think we bonded through our attraction to..frick. What was his name? I totally can't remember, now.

Also, I think Stephenie Meyer dropped the ball with this last book. It just lost all it's "possibilities", that I loved so much. Too many loose ends completely tied up--in awkward ways.

rain said...

Amy, I remember when we met. It was at an Anderson Christmas party. I remember that I thought you kind of reminded me of my sister, and you seemed nice, and I wanted so much for Kory to be happy and find a nice girl, and I really thought that you could be her. Also, you started out as Kassie's friend, so you'd already gotten that stamp of approval, right there. You were a lot more shy at the time, but we all quickly get over that. :)

rain said...

Brandi, I too remember the little girl that really liked Muff's sumo "boobies".
I think I was too nervous to remember anything else...That was the first year, I think that my grandparents moved down to Utah, so I was trying to figure out who all I could fit visits in with, and such. I love Halloween, but it's also really stressful to me, because i try to allot time to everyone in our family, as far as visits go, and so in my mind, I'm trying to remind myself where we are going next. This is why I'm on drugs. :)

rain said...

Jeff, everyone knows the first time I met you. The same story, but more of a background than the love of DVDs. I had to find out whether or not you were hot...because I had really high standards.

rain said...

Kass, I remember you sitting on the couch. I also remember you were the one that Keri always told me said the most "hilarious" things. So I was waiting for you to say something funny. And you didn't disappoint, I remember...you said something about Jeff...but I can't recall what it was, but rest assured, it was hilarious. I thought right then, "Keri was right". And I was a little intimidated.

rain said...

Shauna,
My hair is the bane of my existence. I always see something...want it, have no patience and try to cut corners. It always shows. Do I learn? Obviously no. However, I do remember the first time I went over to your/our apartment. you had two braids in your hair, and it was really dark. I liked it. I then found out that your hair was usually blond, and I like it like that, too. Anyway, you were way nice. Jeff did warn me that you were a little "new age", but I wasn't too scared. Keri had told me that you were way cool.

The most stressful part was the crustys Andy kept giving me. He was so little and he SO did NOT like me. My feelings were hurt. So I set out to make him like me. Now, like, eight years later, I don't bug him so much. I have arrived. :)

Leah said...

I don't remember the first time we met, but my first memory of you is being miserable in volleyball together. And being in debate together, and being inseparable for most of high school, until we stopped being friends over something really stupid that I can't remember now. I was so sad when that happened. I know we were friends way before that but I have blocked out most of my childhood. (Tor thinks its super weird, but he didn't grow up in the town we did.

Anonymous said...

The first time I met you, you urped on me and tried to suck my nose. It was one of the best things ever. I love my little Rainey Jeanie.

You said embarrasing was ok...no boogers, that's a Muffy story :)
Love you,
Sharon

rain said...

Leah,

I don't remember the first time we met, either. I do remember one Halloween when you wore that little, for PC's sake, "native american" costume at school. Second grade, maybe? You always has a picture of you and Kristen in your house, both wearing them. So, I guess they weren't costumes, but actual dresses. Anyway, I can't remember the reason for the big blow up in high school, either. One of the saddest experiences in my life, too. But I have a lot about my childhood that I've repressed as well, so I am pretty convinced that old Buffalo, WY was a wack community. I'm glad to get back on track, though. It's been my pleasure to blog-stalk you.

rain said...

Sharon, I don't remember the nose slurpage, and perhaps that's a good thing. But I do remember summers at your house--most fondly the summers where I got to come out by myself. You and Rene spoiled me rotten, and as an oldest child, all that attention was better than Disneyland. Also, the fact that I could watch music videos for as long as I wanted was a miracle. I also remember it always caused drama at home, but that was usual.

Amy said...

That night was overwhelming. If it was the first Anderson party I went to, which I am assuming it is because at the second one I already knew everyone and came by myself. I was thinking that was when it was, but like I said I was totally overwhelmed, and that was the night I got in a car accident right after. Kory had told me all about your family the night before, and I knew a tiny bit of it from Kassie, but nothing could have prepared me for the ward size function I walked into. Also, Leisha did a pretty good job reassuring me that everyone always gives Kory's girlfriends a really hard time, so that first night I felt like I was being examined under a microscope.

bearclaw said...

what the hell is futureshop?

Anonymous said...

We loved having you here!! Which reminds me of a spooky tour through the basement of the Catholic Abbey by flashlight. You were squeezing my hand soooo tight!! It was scary and fun all at the same time!
Sharon

Come up anytime...we should continue the tradition with your wee ones :)
Sharon

Moriah said...

I definitely do not remember the first time I met you. It was soooo long ago, and we were just really young. My first memories are probably at your house. Like your birthday party where Hayley Harness peed her pants in your kitchen. Haha. Kids are funny.