Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ups and downs.

I will say this. So far, I think Jeff's new job is AWESOME. Not only has he been home from work each night this week at 6:30, but his work week didn't start until Tuesday, and it ended today, Thursday. He works three full, eleven hour days and has occasional catered lunches. (That's just high class, as far as I'm concerned. :) Then he puts seven hours in during his resulting four day weekend. I am sold. He's a bit reluctant to say how fabulous it is, simply because he hasn't been "working". I guess the company is going through some sort of process right now where there is a lot of waiting around, trying to come to a decision on the program they will use to do projects with. So now, Jeff is encouraged to do some freelance on their dime. He's getting antsy, I'm praising a company that actually saw what he can do, and is willing to pay him accordingly--even when he's doing nothing. Also, I'm going to brag a bit...Jeff was told that out of sixty applicants, he outshown them all. He doesn't seem to think that it's that big of deal. But if you ask me, he's finally getting some of the stuff for which he's worked so hard. (Also, Jeff's previous boss is asking Jeff back so he can train co-workers with stuff they should know, but he always did, so they didn't have to. Jeff was the one that took the time to figure stuff out on his own, and now he's severely missed). I'm just happy for my husband. And yes, I'm gloating...but he really deserves this.
Riley's first day of school went really well, according to her. She's m
ade new friends, and gotten reaquainted with old ones. The sad part? Her best friend, Olivia, moved over the summer. My heart goes out to her, because I remember how painful it was, when my best friend moved away as a kid. I'm pretty sure she'll be okay, but it's going to be touchy for a while. She has been upbeat about not having any homework this week, though, so for that, I'm grateful. Cole is getting nervous about next week. He's had a couple breakdowns--making me promise him that while he's gone, Noony will be able to sit on the couch, and watch a movie...preferrably while covered with "blue blanket". I have made this promise a couple times, and am pretty convinced that there will be mention of it tomorrow, as well. But he seems to calm a bit when I promise that Noony will be looked after. He seems to getting in every last second he possibly can--his white rabbit has been brought along every errand we've gone on this week. I am honestly grateful that Kindergarten is only two and a half hours long, because we'd have serious problems if it were any longer. I think he's going to do just fine, though. It may take a few weeks to adjust, but he's a trooper, just like Riley. Jeff and I have started Dexter, season one. We've watched it before, but now that we also have Dexter, season two, we're starting all over again. And then the new season will start...ah, sweet autumn. It's all just beginning. Jeff and I savor our nightly shows, and now it begins all over again. I'm stoked.
I'm posting a couple photos from last week. I told Kelli that I would, so she'd have copies of them...but I want to warn my readers. I went for broke...I wore a bathing suit, as it was the end of summer, and I'd gone the entire time without coaxing this ginormous body
into anything spandex. The sweats of some sort I wear daily have the same comfortable give, but do such a better job of hiding more. So in addition to the reflective nature of my skin, there's also the MORE factor. And this is always extra fun when you go swimming with the Coplen girls...I had a hard enough time when I was just nannying them, not hating myself for weighing more than 80lbs. But put on a bathing suit, and walk around jiggling while they lounge and there's not a spot of cellulite to be found...even worse. And girls, if you are reading this, it's only jealousy talking. Jealousy and inferiority. If I could look like you guys simply by, oh, murdering two or three people? I'd start making arrangements now.
The pool was fun, and I was a little sad that I'd avoided swimming all summer long, just because of vanity issues. Also, I think that my swimsuit is now lost to me forever. When I bought it, in JANUARY, it was cute and loose, and I thought that it would be used a gazillion times this summer. But there it sat, untouched until last week. I think I've stretched it out beyond recognition, but it's okay because I'm glad that I got to use it...So, thanks Kelli, for making us come along. The kids loved it, and I got burned--but in a good, "it's truly summer", way. And now that I've had the realization of summer, it's turning into fall, and I'm SO happy. I'm ready for the cooler weather and to put all my sweatshorts away. (I'm assuming that Jeff won't be objecting to this, either). So this is my goodbye to the heat. And hopefully, next summer, I WILL use my swimming suit as many times as I'd planned on using it this year. And hopefully, I'll be much smaller. I have heard it said that the third child is the curse to a woman's body. This was one of the reasons I was afraid to have a third baby--ONE of the reasons. Anyone have some insight on this? If it's bad news, I can take it. If it's good news, I need to hear it. Okay, it's time for sleeping. I'm rambling, and Riley's got school in the morning, so I need to be going. Until next time.

15 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

I think you have every right to praise Jeff he deserves it. Glad that Riley had a great time at school. She will make a new best friend in no time. I thought that baby number one did enough damage to my body now I have to wonder what a second will do. I am going to join weight watchers after this baby. It sucks because Dans family is so skinny and they have babies and look the same as they did before babies every time.

KaSs MiLeS said...

That had better not be the Payson pool, because you most certainly DID NOT stop by before or after your adventures!!!!
As for Jeff's new job.... THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! He really needs to work for someone who sees how incredible he is! He's the most amazing artist i've ever seen and i am 100% completely jealous of his talents!! I don't have the patience to become 1/2 the artist he is.
I'm glad that you've got so many new beginnings! I love that feeling! I'm sorry about Riley's friend. Cole will be okay. He'll get there and forget all about his bunny. Good luck with next week and another CONGRATS! to Jeff!!

rain said...

Kass, We went while you were at work. It was from 1:00 to 3:00, and then I had Jeremy, and Wendy wanted me to drop him off because she had orthodontic appointments to get to. It was complicated, and I got lost in Payson. Next time, now that I know we're invited, we will TOTALLY stop by!

Kory said...

Remember when Jeff almost got that job in Michigan or something doing something with his art and didn't take it? I was really sad that he wasn't going to do something with his talent. He seems much more complete now. They seem like good folks to work for so far. As for Noony, I think you should tell him there was a terrible accident while he was gone and that he'll never see Noony again. Just to see what happens.

rain said...

Kory, I will charge you full price for the therapy that Cole will require when he finds that Noony is gone. And I'm serious about the FULL PRICE part.

Kelli said...

Kory, he would probably commit suicide or die from grief like the dog in that one book you read in school. (The one where one dog dies and the other laid on its grave and died). Anyway, that reference isn't working out as well as I hoped because I can't remember the title. And Rainey, why did no one warn me that my hair looked like John Travolta in Grease? I hate all the pictures of me from that day for that reason. And btw, I thought you looked great! I'm glad you had so much fun.

Kelli said...

Where the Red Fern Grows. Of course I remember now that I've already posted. And for everyone's information, that will be what I do when Kyle dies. (That's my version of a shout out to Kyle.)

Amy said...

Fist let me say I am also glad that Jeff is liking his new job, and that he is getting treated so well. I think he is an amazing artist as well, and he should be getting all the credit he deserves.

Second, I remember trying to make you come swimming with me not one but two or three times this summer and you declined my offer. And then you go with kelli and not invite me...I wont lie and tell you that my feelings aren't a little hurt.

rain said...

Amy, I was invited by Kelli over a week ago--the week before the week you'd invited me. I apologize for hurting your feelings, and I want to let you know that I would have invited you, had I felt it was in my right to do so...I'm a bit socially retarded, and I'm never sure when or if it's okay to invite someone else along if you yourself are an invitee...I also want to let you know that factually, I didn't know who was coming, either. I was told it was going to be Kelli and thought it was for Jamie's birthday thing. So I wasn't sure what the situation was, just that Riley was there when we were talking about it, and she really wanted to go. It wasn't pre-planned, and I didn't post about it to rub it in or anything. Now that I think about it, I see that it could very well have seemed that way, and I feel really rotten about that. I appreciated the times that you invited us, and I'm embarrassed about them not working out--Anyway, I hope that we're okay, and you chalk it up to me being a flighty moron, rather than a lying snob. I promise that at this point in time, making plans seems to be the hardest thing I can do. I've had more than a few things like this happen, especially lately, to different people, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude and hurtful.

Moriah said...

OK... Now I know you are neurotic. You look like a super cute pregnant gal. Hardly the fatso you try to convey. Sheesh. No more pity party from me. Cole will end up loving school. No stress. The first few days might be hard, but he's a good, smart little boy and will ease right in. Let's talk soon so I can hear all about Jeff's new job.

Kyle said...

I really REALLY wish I could have gone with you guys to the pool.

I guess I should just be more forceful with my work. Tell them to shove it and leave when I want.

Like my hero, Kory.

Amy said...

I know, I was just a little sad is all, I know it wasn't spiteful. I really was just giving you a hard time. no burned bridges or anything. All is good

Shauna said...

I feel so sad for Cole. It reminds me of Jeff when he was little. Maybe you should buy a special toy just for school that he can take with him in his backpack or something.

Your pool pictures looked so fun I packed the kids right after i read it yesterday and went to the pool. Right when we got there they had a break for 40 minutes so we couldn't get in. When we finally got in someone threw up in the pool and we all had to get out again for another half hour. We had fun watching the skate boarders though.

Kelli said...

Shaun- That sounds like the first time I took them. I don't know why they kick every one out for such long stretches. It's so annoying. But I was amazed with Andy's patience. He was so good and did not even throw a tiny fit.

Kelli said...

Oh Rainey! I have such a boundary story for you from my crazy piano student's parent! ooooooooOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I am about to scream. She yelled at me for twenty minutes on the phone. Ok, she didn't yell. But she went on and on and on about how it's my responsibility to make sure I can teach her kids (in her home) at a time that is perfect for her and her husband so they don't fight....I bet this makes no sense, but I'm fuming!!!!