skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Easter!
So Happy Easter, everyone! It's early in the morning and I just went down to fill baskets, because not only do my children get super-excited for the Easter Bunny to "bring them prizes", as Cole says, but also, as blasphemous as it is, I look forward to eating my most favorite candy all year. Mini-Cadbury eggs and Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs...ahh, delicious. Every year about this time I gain ten pounds, and I enjoy each scrumptious ounce. My pants complain...but in all honesty, they pretty much always do. Tonight/this morning, however, I found a surprise left by Riley and Cole to the Easter Bunny. This year, they took matters into their own hands. Perhaps it's because I have been threatening that if they don't clean their rooms, stop fighting, stop whining, etc., that I
would write a letter to said bunny and tell him/her that my children don't deserve anything this year. (Ah, I love the power that holidays give me.) But as I got all my basket-making supplies together and went downstairs, I noticed this little message from my kiddies: Can you believe that? I had told them that there probably wouldn't be a egg hunt because this year I'm sure the Easter Bunny would be really busy. Cole didn't want to be outdone by Riley, so he decided to work some magic of his own. He showed off his natural affinity for rabbits by drawing a picture of Noony. They are smart kids...even though at times their intelligence is a little annoying. I filled their b
askets, and made Jeff take over the egg hiding. That way, when or if they complain about there only being two eggs each for them to find, I won't have to get offended by their lack of appreciation. Now I'm excited for them to wake up and find all their little "prizes". Also, I'm excited for Jeff to get what I got him...He's worked so hard lately and deserves something cool that he doesn't need . However, knowing him like I do, he'll probably want to take the stuff back, and then I'll get mad, and then it will be a true holiday; Steele-style. (That was my maiden name, for those of you that don't know.) So have a happy Easter and eat lots of candy. Because I am going to...and I really don't want to be the only one that gains ten pounds in the next week. So, please be unselfish, and really think about what I've asked. Peace-out, yo.
3 comments:
Happy easter to you too! I'll have to live vicariously through you today...there will be no Reece's peanut butter eggs for me today...maybe a hard boiled egg or two, but I am bah humbugging easter this year...whats the point if I can't eat the those really?
HAPPY EASTER RAIN!!! Wow, you have the coolest kids ever - Chris and I were DYING when we read that note! I kept wondering to myself, "why didn't I ever think of that as a kid?!?" Finally I realized that had I left a note like that, the Easter bunny wouldn't have left ANYTHING for me, and I would instead get that famous line from Dad... (read the following in Dad's voice and make sure you emphasize the double-negative) "YOU ASK AND YOU DON'T GET NOTHING!!!" Then we were beat and grounded... but hey... at least I learned to never ask for anything, like new underwear! Wait... that's a sad story. I'm going to go see my therapist now. Goodbye!
I thought Riley drew that! Your kids have an awesome ability, which i know they get from you! Their letter is really cute. I'm glad they are such believers! The easter bunny came for me too, I thought he was going to be way too busy to get to me!
Post a Comment