Let's see...I have had some depressing moments, too. I went to a girl's night out that my in-laws occasionally put together. Everyone was having fun teasing a couple teenage girls about their rumored love lives, and then one of them asked why we make it our business. I, to try and be funny, then said, "Because we are old and now have to live vicariously through you." I don't think that she was even listening as I said it, but it made me start to think. I will never have that time in life back in which "I think he likes you", is a phrase I live or die by. And don't get me wrong, I love my husband, and am so glad that I found him. But it just made me think about how much time in my life has passed, and how pretty much each day, circumstances are changed like that. That was a little disconcerting. On the other hand, I would never really want to go back to that time again. Knowing now that I am in fact older, fatter, and have more wrinkles is a bit of an ego blow, yes. But I'm also more confident of myself than I have ever been, and I'm actually "okay" with who I am. I like me, kinda. So in that aspect, I would never want to go back to being younger. (Obviously, I'm still crazy, whether I'm old Rainey or young Rainey. And I still find that the grass is always greener everywhere else, because of that. Also, tomorrow this could all completely change, because, refer to the "crazy" part.)
My sister-in-law is doing great with teaching Riley and her niece dance lessons. I saw a bit of their routine last night, and it was really cute. Riley, unfortunately, is looking to have my dance capabilities, in that she forgets the next move and everything is a bit less smooth than it should be. But I think with practice, she'll be so much better. Next time I might just have to record and then post her progress, because as her parent, I have total bragging rights. Good job, Amy. (I'll also record and post Cole's stuff, too...just because he's technically not taking dance classes, doesn't mean he can't shake it, occasionally).


3 comments:
Kite Runner is such an amazing book. So sad that these things go on in our daily world. We're so privileged and isolated from the sad and frightening realities of others lives.
Though I made light of it, this book has affected me. There are parts that are hard to get through, and that's because I find it painful to face that reality. I am enjoying it, but it makes me very sad, too.
yeah kory and I just watched the movie two nights ago, and yes I woke up 4 times that night screaming...so yeah its a sad story, so good luck with that. I want it out of my mind but movies tend to focus on the bad parts more then books. I wish I would have just read the book. I think I am scarred. And not to give much a way but kites are key as you get into and I will never fly a kite the same again.
On a lighter note, riley is doing awesome in dance, she actually has a lot of it memorized, I think she was just nervous because you guys were watching,I usually dance it with them but that day they were working on thinking of what comes next. And she actually has pretty good technique, its so fun to watch them both get better. At first I was a bit worried, but they are catching on and getting more coordinated by the minute....
Post a Comment