Friday, March 28, 2008

Rain My Love



So, this is Jeff writing about Rain. I have been thinking that Rainey writes such great things about all of us that I should turn the tables and write some stuff about her. So, I broke into her computer and into her blog (hopefully she will forgive me after she reads this) so that I could do just that. I just thought that all of her readers (growing more impressively every day) should know how the people she lives with feel about her.

Let's start with Cole. Her little Bubbers. He adores her. When he is upset and she is not around, he will go up to his room and stare out the window until she comes home. This is because no one can make him feel better (when he's not 100%) than she can. They can play together in a way that you just know how tight they are. She teases him and he gives it right back. If either of them goes to far the term "It's just a joke" get's pulled out and everything is fine between them. She gives him so much love that it breaks your heart sometimes.

Now Riley and Rainey have this push and pull that could drive an outsider nuts. They constantly struggle to maintain a balance. And yet they are so strong together. Just today Riley and I were watching a movie together and there was a princess (hello, Riley + Movies = princess) that Riley thought was really pretty. After telling me this she added " but not prettier than mommy, because no one is prettier than mommy". Right there I knew how much she loves her mom, and how much she is my daughter (because, yes it is true, no one is prettier than Rainey. That means you Angelina Jolie).

Now for my view. I would not be here if it weren't for her. I don't mean that in a "she's made me into the person I am today" kind of way (though that is so very true too. Yes I use way too many parenthesis, get used to it) I mean it in a "I would not have made it to this age if she hadn't graced me with her light" kind of way. If I had made it this far it would not have been pretty. I started my life (and my path) over when I met her. She is the most amazing person I have ever met. She is everything I could ever want in a soul mate. Everyone she meets is better off for having known her. In a previous post she mentioned that I "get her". Well she gets me. Those of you that know me know how unlikely that is. My only goal in life is to give her (and as an extension of her, the kids) whatever they need to be happy. That's not happy as in "any wish they have is granted" but happy as in "genuine happiness, feeling good about who you are and what you do". I may not be able to fulfill this but I going to give it my all, she deserves it.

I'm running out of time because she will be home soon (she is at her book club right now, and yes this is the last parenthesis). So in conclusion I would like to express my happiness that she has started this blog because it has given her a lot of confidence in her writing ability. Many of you have expressed your pleasure in reading it and I want to say thank you. I have been trying to get her to write for years and I think this blog was the boost she needed.

Keep on reading, I know I will.

~Jeff

6 comments:

Brandi, Dan, L and B said...

It is Brandi from book club. I just wanted to say what a sweet husband to brag about you to everyone who reads your blog! I think that is so awesome. If you ever want to check out my blog it is wilkinsoncrew.blogspot.com

Larraine said...

Wow, Jeff! That was so awesome! No wonder Rainey loves you so much! I am so glad you "get her" and she "gets you". Thank you for being so wonderful to her and to my precious grandkids. You are so right, she can make a whole room light up with her smile. I know she brings a bright light into my life. She is a wonderful daughter along with all the other things you said!

Amy said...

Go Jeff!

Keri said...

That makes me cry...it's good to hear from you.

KaSs MiLeS said...

That made me cry too, that's so awesome that you would do that for her! Bravo!

Moriah said...

Aaaahz. Jeff is the best...you guys are lucky you found one another!